Enjoy Technology

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

It is a good company to work for if you like sales but it is very badly ran and even the managers don’t really know how to sell the products

Overall not a bad place to work but managers are not very professional a lot of make calling amount staff from the managers included and no one really has much idea how to sell products which shows on the figures from different branches alit of pressure put on the staff to hit targets with no one actual showing you how to do it in real life just talking through examples of what to say

Pros

Good salary, friendly staff to your face atleast 4 day working week

Cons

Not very good shifts now they have changed

Very friendly atmosphere

At the beginning it’s was great, customer service was all they promoted but as it got over a year, it was all about sales, targets etc. They do not always communicate new changes with you but if you want to keep up to date, read your billions of emails or slack notifications. They now have commission but it was not this way in the beginning so at least you can get extra money every month. The culture of as always a good one to start off. Then it became a dog eat dog because you had a massive team fighting over one or two promotions every 6 plus months. Making political decisions to advance team members instead of who was actually better for the job. Long hours on the road but you do have many benefits to working here. But childcare was always an issue and that balance was never there. 4 days out of 7 days to work though, was always helpful. Male orientated job and you do get the odd sexism from customers because of it but you learn great transferable skills.

Pros

Culture, salary, team building

Cons

Long hours, base was far

Unrealistic sales targets

Was advertised as "not a sales role". This quickly changed. Management are only interested in sale targets being met. The sales targets in question are unrealistically high and cannot be met when selling ethically. When you do not meet the targets you are without pre warning put on a PIP where it is expected that you will quit or be pushed out within 3 months. It is expected you will work late after your shift to complete jobs and make sales.The pay is good though.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Unrealistic sales targets

I needed this change

I was in a rut working every weekend, and lots of hours.My new job has been grate as I am aloud to have weekends off which means I get so be with my family more.The bonus has been really good and made a difference to me financially.

Pros

Snack, bonus, work life balance

Cons

Can’t work over time

Just a number.

Enjoy keep using the phrase “the clay is still wet” whenever something goes wrong, the reality is they have been in the UK for 6 years and the “clay” is absolutely not still wet. Long hours and unrealistic sales targets, you are turning up after the initial sale has been completed and upselling attempted, and then you’re expected to upsell again with targets identical to a phone store. It’s incredibly hard to hit these targets ethically. Through my own experience a very large percentage of the employees that hit target do so through less than honest ways. The worst part? Management are completely aware of the dodgy sales practices and don’t do anything about it because they’re making them money. I didn’t feel valued at all, I didn’t feel supported at all. This company has done severe damage to my mental health. Your goal and what your are trying to achieve is brilliant and I completely align with your company Vision, however they way you are going about achieving it (and failing) is horrible, you’re people do not feel valued. Less than a year after my unit opening there is only 1 original staff member left, that should tell you all you need to know.

Pros

3 days off a week, decent salary

Cons

Inexperienced and poor management (higher and lower), unrealistic targets, you’re treated like dirt if you don’t sell enough.

Please do not work here...

This company sounds great on the surface... you'll be sold on the company by it's impressive pay and the benefits of lone working (driving around, talking to colleagues/friends all day), however, that's where the fun side of the job actually stops!The day to day life of an expert has completely changed from when the company first started! For starters, enjoy only cared about the customer, whoever was in front of you, was your priority and your main objective was to make that person's life, better through technology! "Amazing, this sounds perfect for me!" Flash forward two years, and the company is now the biggest money grabbing, lifeless company I have ever had the displeasure of working for! They only care about the customer (and I'm using care in a very loose term) if they are willing to buy something, if you, as an expert, has decided pretty early on that your customer isn't going to buy from you, you're expected to move on as quick as possible so you can try to make sales elsewhere, even if your customer actually needs help! (A manager has told me and my old colleagues this on numerous occasions!) The new pay system is shocking, they set incredibly unrealistic targets, expect you to hit them with ease, so that you earn more money... sort of a "you scratch our back, we'll scratch yours" situation! However, your back, never, EVER, gets scratched! If you're struggling with your work/if you need new information on latest products, then good luck getting enjoy to help you! You're better off asking Mrs.Jones down the street for advice! Advice/training is only given from -

Pros

Pay

Cons

Empresa dinamica e agradavel de trabalhar

Empresa em expansão pela europa, dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar com muitos benefícios e salario atrativo.

Don't believe the hype

If you're in the Central London location, you get to work, then off to walk for miles on end with a heavy bag and improper uniform in all weathers. You're on and off tubes, up and down stairs, then go to some of the roughest parts of the city with very little security training. Company speaks about its values and kindness, but it treats its staff with utter contempt. They don't receive feedback at all well but will sing their own praises when they put into place something staff have been suggesting for months. The employment practices of the company are terrible. Lunch breaks are frequently missed, you'll have to wait to be back in the office for a toilet break (some guys use plastic bottles in their vans) but Enjoy don't seem to care. They've said that as they pay for lunches, they legally only need to give 20 minutes but often staff don't even get that. This also suggests they'd treat staff even worse if they were allowed to. I have no doubt that this company will do well, I just wonder what toll it'll take on the staff and how high their turnover will be.

Great Potential for the Future

The vision and the business concept is amazing. its pretty much a case of bringing the retail store to your home. great idea. as the company grows and expands, we are education consumers on a fairly new way of retail to an extent. I have picked up a lot and have learned many aspects that help me in my day to day working here. there some changes here and there but all in all, great benefits, OK for private life balance and good pay. lots of work in progress and lots to improve in the UK but slowly but surely this will in the near future be and fantastic company to be apart of

Pros

Ownership of your schedule and day.working with great tech, driving company vehicle

Cons

Many changes to the business as we move forward. some changes are not as positive as others, real communication and transparency between management and lower teams has worsened.

Unfair Salaries Between Experts doing the same jobs

Salaries vary between 26 to 35k for Experts doing the same job, all depends if the leadership know you, like you and if they have previously worked with you. They are introducing unsociable hours now, so you have to work a mix of late and early shifts, starting from 7am to 5pm and late being 11am to 9pm. You will never finish on time, as they plan visits up to 30 minutes before you finish, then you have to return your vehicle and sign out everyday which takes over an hour. The starting trend of the company was a great concept, however leadership team have no experience in running a business and don’t take the feelings and concerns of experts onto account when making decisions. You don’t get paid by salary as advertised, it’s actually an hourly pay, and don’t expect to your pay being what it should be every month. No one in the UK as an Expert is current happy with their pay as it’s never right but leadership just ignore this. Pay is worked out from the 15th of one month to the 15th of the next, and paid the last working day of the month, you won’t get your payslips until after you get paid so any errors can’t be addressed until it’s too late, they play a very horrible game with you where you will never win. The recruitment process makes this company seem amazing, be warned, it will be the worst decision you ever make. Stay away.

Pros

Slowly disappearing and there is not much left mow

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enjoy Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5