Entain

Insights into Entain

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

its a good experience

Its all depends on what people you ending up working with, my manager was great so were my work colleague. At opening you have to put papers up and make shop ready to trade, closing including emptying the machines and cash up, make shop ready for the next day. During the day you've got customers and there is when fun begins, if you lucky you have nice customers and good tips, if you get bad ones it can be really challenging. Breaks are unpaid, company seems look after the employees, there are incentives, but also very competitive.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

unpaid breaks poor wage unsociable hours

Not a bad place to work just stressful at times

Down sides working alone most of the time .Targets set cant achieve every week.Working alone most of the time dealing with some stressful situations with customers when things go wrong.

Pros

Cons

Long hours working alone left to deal with everything alone most of the time

Very stressfull

Expectations are to high and unrealistic. Management is ok as long as you are working 50 hours plus a week to help cover shop opens and trading times. Very heavily reliant on KPI. No work life balance and hardly any progression.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Everything else

Poor company to work for.

In my own experience I was paid very minimal for the job position that I held. There was no training or development offered or provided by the company for self progression. The company does not value there members and tend to have a high staff turnover.

Pros

Working pattern

Cons

Poor pay No personal development training High staff turnover

Over worked poor pay

You're doing a managerial kind of role for really poor pay . I didn't feel that safe working there either and I felt like there was no work life balance . My mental health went downhill and I am glad that I left.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and bad rotas

All they care about is kpi

Horrible place to work would not recommend always on your own you get someone for 1 hour to give u a break as long as you meet the targets they are happy

Pros

Cons

Lone working for 5 hours at a time

Hard job with little reward

Difficult and sometimes abusive customers, low pay, stressful. Unsociable hours and long shifts. Sometimes feel like low paid social workers as we have to be responsible for customers gambling habits

Pros

Discount on lots of outside services through deals programme

Cons

Long hours, abusive customers

Be prepared to lose your social life

The job is pretty easy, sit there and take bets and pay out winning bets. But the compliance and legal stuff is a bit more challenging and you're expected to always be vigilant for Think 21, money laundering, active fraudsters and more. Not only a cashier, but a manager, counsellor, security guard all for minimum wage!Often left to work long hours on your own and shifts typically start from 8am with shops not closing until 10pm even though there's hardly any business at those times. Expect plenty of late finishes and last-minute requests to cover shifts making it hard to plan any social or family time.Customers can be nice depending on the shop but some can be rude and aggressive; managers don't care, they only want the turnover in the shops and you're just a number to them.Company has a nerve to talk about the well-being of staff and their mental health given the hours they expect shop staff to work with low reward and little time to oneself.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, often working alone for long periods

Great staff poor company

Paid very little for the crazy amount of hours you end up working, you will work alone 90% of the time with very little help, the hours can be way to much to handle if you have any social life, the only reason it became enjoyable is the staff I was fortunate to work with

Cons

Long hours, lone working, not enough money

Unappreciated and overworked

If you want to progress, you can’t. If you want to feel appreciated, you can’t. If you want to feel heard, you won’t be. If you’re willing to work harder, no one will notice. If you want a well paid job, it’s not here.

Pros

Flexible hours, overtime.

Cons

Unsociable hours, disgusting work environment.

Avoid at all costs

High staff turnover Area manager was great and supportive Store manager provided poor training, you will be expected to learn on the job translating bets from day one. They want half of all customers to be monitored, restricting bets when they’re winning and green light those that are losing weekly. If some one wants more money put on a machine after losing 100’s you ask if they are sue? Yes and you continue, filthy staff area and toilets. No drinks for staff or customers. Minimum wage to loan work, sickness will get u disciplinary. No bonus scheme except management

Pros

Occasional tips

Cons

Work close and open next day

Great job, poor life work balance

I worked here for 17 years, 15 of which were as a shop manager, in many branches across the Southampton area. I have only left as I am now unable to work, due to medical issues. I found working for entain to be, very good, with a competitive salary, and great benefits. Only down side in my opinion is the area managers are spread to thin, with far too many shops each, meaning if you need support for any reason, it’s almost impossible for them to spend any real time with you. I would recommend this place to anyone, if they don’t mind a lot of evening and weekend work.One great perk is no fixed days off, with enough notice and staff permitting you can book and 2/7 off. Main downside is that shops are always understaffed.

Pros

Flexible work days, great perks, paid holidays, fun job

Cons

Shops always understaffed, long hours, poor work/life balance.

I love working at entain, my manager is inspiring and encouraging she always puts staff first to help them achieve the best

I would recommend anyone to work for entain. Work life and home life has an excellent balance anything i ask for off has always been agreed, staff work together to help each other, training is current, frequent and relevant. Staff are encouraged by all levels of management by a shout out or managers award, i always feel appreciated and respected.

Pros

Training, staff benefit, bonus

Cons

I feel i have no cons

Some chatty people but some not worth the hassle.

It's a very stressful job I wasn't there long and when you was off for a couple of days because they was lack of staff you end up getting a phone call ask to go in on your day off. I also worked when I was poorly which isn't on as well I don't think. Too much responsibility for not enough money.

Cons

Not paid enough for all responsibility you do and lack of staff.

awful place to work

Terrible place to work! Poor wages, expected to work long unsociable hours for minimum wage and absolutely no benefits. Hard work goes unrecognised and targets are unrealistic,

Pros

Cons

Long unsociable hours and minimum wage poor management

It's okay?

No two days are the same. One day is full of the loveliest people in the world and the next you are calling security. You do need a tough exterior to work here at times. Management feels so distant and far away when you need them and everything is done over WhatsApp.There is no job and work life balance due to the long hours of shop times and lack of people who want to work them. If you're the type of person who can't say no, this is not the job for you. You WILL be overworked for no compensation. There are days when you're with the right people, as I've found I'm only staying here for now because I love my team members, but overall, the job is tiring. It's exhausting mentally and physically in so many ways.

Pros

None.

Cons

Too many to name.

Avoid

Management are incompetent, there are no progression opportunities, pay is terrible for the tasks you are expected to carry out daily, you are just a number and are seen as easily replaceable

Great place if you love sports

Really enjoyed my time working here, over 13 years, multiple promotions and an ever-changing environment kept you on your toes. Most customers are great!

Pros

Sports, variety of shifts, relaxed environment, regular customers

Cons

Unsocial hours don’t suit all, business geared towards multi channel, progression opportunities less common

Dont work there!

Poor management who dont communicate with staff, poor staffing on Rota, you hardly get breaks due to short staff. And Staff are being pressured to work overtime.

Cons

Long Long Hours.

Great staff

Stay away their theifs hand in your notice and all of a sudden you are owe them money management are a joke don't pay what they advertise more of a cleaner than a support worker

Customer Care Advisor

Company on a whole is ok. The team were so lovely but all in the same boat. Awful management and no flexibility in hours especially for my colleagues that had children. No progression available and daily spoken to by customers like rubbish because in shop staff cannot do their jobs properly. Management is a joke. The job is not all bad but the lack of care for mental health from this department and also the lack of management skills makes it awful. The staff turnover is not good.

Pros

It’s a paid job

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entain. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement