Entain

Entain Employee Reviews

United Kingdom2,060 reviews

Found 2,060 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,176 reviews
coralbetbettingshopunsociablebookierotagambling

Great if you don’t want a social life

I worked for entain for nearly 18 months in my time there I worked so much I was barely home and that’s before overtime which sometimes wasn’t even optional all the higher management care about are targets. They also don’t pay you if you need to stay behind after the shop closes on average I left about 30 minutes after my shift had finished pretty much every shift and I never got any money for it. I even asked management why I couldn’t get paid as I was still doing my job and these were jobs that were necessary (like counting the money and end of day procedures) and “they didn’t have it in the budget” but they had enough money to send every shop tablets they they barely use.

Pros

Nice co workers

Cons

Long hours, bad higher management, barely decent pay

Fun, slow/fast paced depending on location

As long as your not in an anti-social area the job is good fun. You’ll find you’re on call on your day off if something goes wrong, so not the best work-life balance. £14.00 per hour, little to no bonus. For managing two shops the salary should be greater. Team of between 8 to 15 customer service managers. Some great area managers in the business which makes working more pleasant.

Pros

In control of the rota, expectation to have good time with customers, watch sport, can be slow paced

Cons

Work life balance poor, company won’t budge on low salary

Insights into Entain

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Bad place to work

No management what do ever. No work to life ratio. Gives you a hard time if you have to go sick. Just overall a very bad company to work for, the only good thing about it is that the pay is ok

Avoid

You have to clean one shop and then you move on to the next shop immediately. You only have an hour to do the cleaning which I went over my time constantly. I don't have time to gossip like the other staff. They also play on their phones. It is poor pay, they have no appreciation for me, I wasn't given uniform and management is poor and unfriendly. Would not recommend applying for job.

Pros

Cons

Poor management / no uniform

Easy and repetitive work

Very easy work after good training. If you are good at your job every one is pleased you your manager and customers. Just should try to learn as good as possible

Good place work

Good place work. The people I worked with was nice to work with a very nice job to have though it would have been nice to have more than 20 hours a week

Boreing

Don’t get a thanks for anything , expected to work above and beyond when they want you too . Someone phones in and you’re at work they expect you to stay on then moan when you don’t. Don’t listen to employees with complaints about the job because doesn’t get addressed . They try and look good at times with perks but overall it’s Boring job with no thanks and no enjoyment in the role when lone working that some people don’t want to do but get forced too.

Pros

Cons

Long hours / no appreciation / poor pay

Great company

I feel valued and enjoy working for entain. There are lots of benefits and they seem to care about their staff. My only issue is the wage could be more but it is competitive with other similar roles

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Late nights

Hmmmmm

Long days especially when u sit around doing nothing from lol 5pm until 10pm time just drags. Market place managers in my area were good but some of the area managers, Well 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

Entain

Staff great and lots of great laughs with customers. Company offered a great reward scheme to help you deal with difficult times with the cost of living.

Pros

Customer interaction

Cons

Work life balance

Don't work there unless it's temporary

Some Managers are kind and respectful but some don't bother helping.Very unfriendly management at some areas .Recruitment team are high on something and area manager in LN one is too desrespectful

Poor

The job itself is fairl straightforward and you have a good laugh with customers and staff. The work scheduling is extremely poor however, with consistantly long weekend shifts and no work/life balance.

Pros

Can take your break whenever suits you, good colleagues

Cons

No work/life balance, poor management

Good staff but head office don't care

The job is OK. Its a lot of sitting around telling people not to hit machines and then getting shouted it at and equipment getting smashed. Most management just ask if your ok then leave you to it. Most shops in the area I was in have leaking roofs the shops are seriously out dated.

Pros

Decent wages. Can have flexible hours

Cons

Expected to have no life outside of work

Just a number

No work life balance, no room for progression and poor hours. End up working every single weekend. Never enough staff either so usually work alone and don’t get breaks which are unpaid. Contracts between 10-17 hours.

Good team, supportive and rallying

The people on the other end of the phone are always mad. But the team are amazing so is management. Loved working here, shame I had to leave but in hindsight I wouldn't go back simply due to people on the other end of the phone.

Wouldn’t recommend

Would not recommend, tough place to work higher management expect a lot in return for very little.. will have you working all day without consent. Will Chuck you under a bus at any given stage. Company only thinks about they’re pockets not the staff.

Not the best, but not the worst

It’s okay. Work is easy, just be prepared to be bored sometimes in the night but really busy in the morning/afternoon, especially on a Saturday. Be prepared to work a lot of overtime, even if you don’t want to. I’m contracted to 17 hours a week but there’s not been a week where I’ve even worked my contracted hours. Your manager most likely will only think of you as a number and rush you to get signed off so yeah:)

Say goodbye to your social life

If you like to work late hours and weekends then this job is for you.You will be working most nights and weekends for the hope someone puts money into a machine and loses it.

Great experiences but not rising to the challenges it's facing

The company is a leader in the gambling industry and has had a long industry of high growth in a growing market. The market is getting tougher and the the response is unfocussed. This presents opportunity but getting heard can be an issue.Training and development opportunities are uneven as the company behaves as a start up even though it is long since past that point. Employees will need to look after their own growth objectives.The links to sports means it can be fun and most employees are sports fans. The atmosphere is relaxed and you can make a lot of friends there. On the flip side, the industry has a bad reputation and is often in unflattering news stories.Pay in the industry is extremely high. It can be tempting to take a big package to make a jump, just be aware that if you change jobs later, it can be difficult to maintain your package.

Vibes

Its ok, it'svery different if you've never worked in a pub or bookies before. Lots of cash handling, easy to make mistakes have to have good attention to detail

Pros

Hourly rate

Cons

Work life balance

Stressful, avoid at all cost

Well intentioned Managers but lack of staff does not allow a good work life balance , team work is trial and error with not everyone on board .Personal security while at work is lacking particularly as you have to deal with aggressive customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entain. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Entain with

Learn about Entain in popular locations

• Entain