Enthuse Care
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Enthuse Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom66 reviews

clientcarehourcompanypaymanagementdaytime

Really enjoyed it at first but as i was there longer I noticed things

Badly managed, the hours you do compared to what you actually get paid is shocking. I could be out the house from 6am-21:30pm and I’d only get paid half that time. Also your “holiday pay” isn’t really holiday pay. They trick you with that one.. if you wish to have a holiday pay they take an hour off your hourly rate and save it in your “holiday pot” so when you book holidays off you can take money out your pot if you wish… I loved my clients and being a community cater but so many downfalls and negatives unfortunately.

Pros

Built my confidence, met some lovely people along the way.

Cons

Long hours for rubbish pay, houses were really spread apart

Brilliant company

From the moment I was interviewed, the company made me feel so at ease and valued. Lots of support at all hours of the day and night available to ensure that the clients get the high quality care they deserve and the staff feel happy, comfortable and supported.

Pros

Lovely staff, clients, and management

Cons

not many

Insights into Enthuse Care

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Good variation

Each day is different. Working hours are usually set but you are generally free to work it how you want. Good communication through company and other carers, support structure there

Lack of care standards

This company have clients they support but on occasions. They cancel the clients support needs as they do not have the staff. So they leave vulnerable clients with unassisted support but don’t worry even though they don’t provide support to the client they still bill the local authorities for payment even though they didn’t send anyone to provide support. There are a few support workers that have become a custom to this but they don’t care as they still get paid as the company makes money for not following there contractual duties that social services pay for. So if your lazy and want to get paid for not doing your job then this is the perfect company for you as they really don’t care about the service users but those support workers that do work tend to get tarnished with the same brush as the lazy incompetent staff so be warned if your a hard worker and enjoy support work avoid this company. If your lazy and bone idle then this is the perfect company for you.

Pros

There are no Pros what so ever unless you are bone idle, lazy and as incompetent as the office staff this employer is for you

Cons

You will be lied to and taught very bad codes of practice.

Toxic environment

The management is made of ppl that has promoted themselves with no clue how to manage people. Just because they fill gaps or absence don't make them managers. They way they speak to the staff is wrong and the way they behave is wrong. You will be ignored unless they need something from you.Employee of the month is mostly a joke and you will not progress unless you area friend or family.The only positive thing in this company is the client.

Pros

Lovely clients

Cons

Bad management

stressful, bad treatment, no sick days

you’ll be put in different areas (ie. i had to travel from fareham to portsmouth daily and pay for this out of my own money, despite being told i could work in bridgemary) no sick days, i’ve been physically throwing up in these old peoples houses and so unwell but not allowed to go home as they won’t find cover. terrible job

Pros

no pros

Cons

literally everything

Provides a high level of care and treats staff very well

I have worked for enthuse care for multiple years now. I started as a care worker and from day one I could see how much time and effort the office staff put in to making you feel part of the team.Any concerns or issues are dealt with from a view of learning and improving. They offer NVQ courses to encourage staff to gain skills and knowledge in the industry. In my experience, everyone from the recruitment team to office staff have been extremely supportive and warm. They are professional and hardworking. It is a pleasure work with such a fantastic company, that really looks after their staff and the clients they care for.

Pros

Friendly and warm environment to work in, Professional, good sense of team work

An Excellent place to work, very supportive

I worked for Enthuse care for over 2 years and the support from management was incredible. The training and extra classes they provide to ensure you have all knowledge before going out in the field is exceptional. The management are always there to support you even outside of there working hours. This is the only company I have worked for who ensure communication between staff and clients is thorough and they go above and beyond for clients and staff. I would recommend Enthuse to anyone who is considering employment with them as they are exceptional and so professional.

Best care company

I have worked across multiple care companies and care homes and Enthuse is definitely the best one I’ve ever worked for. Your immediately made to feel like part of a family and the support is next to none! They ensure they are always delivering a high standard of care to both clients and staff.

Toxic, unsupportive management.

I took on a role at this company and it was one of the worst places I have ever worked for in healthcare. Management are nothing but toxic, rules being broken left, right and centre, the training was poor at best and little to no help once you're actually out on the field. It is very much a clique there, if they don't like you or how you work, they will just fire you anyway because they know they can. There is no regard for staff and how they feel, severe favouritism and The whole company is going downhill now that their big boss is no longer with them. I just wouldn't bother.

Pros

None.

Cons

Lots of driving, toxic management.

not a good place to work for

Sadly, for me, working for Enthuse was a very negative experience. As a carer, I care greatly about the people in my care but I wasn’t given enough time to provide the Service Users with the care they deserve while working at this company. I felt a lot of guilt and suffered from stress because of that. There was no travel time, which was justified in lots of completely wrong ways. My concerns and my asking for changes were brushed under the carpet. I found the office mostly unhelpful and unkind, with some rare exceptions. The group chat was a good reflection of the complete chaos at Enthuse. The pay was unclear and not as advertised (every month the group chat was filled with frustrated people who got paid wrong and who couldn’t make sense of their payslips).

Not ideal

When I worked for the company they offerred a position and then changed their minds in the same week due to “cuts in budget” and then proceed to advertise for that same position in the next week! That put me off straight to work for them any longer! I resigned the next week!You start your shift before 7am and sometimes u finish at 22h but in reality u only had 8h of work in total of calls! They pay for milage and hourly rate but not the in-between times! At some point they started cutting hours with no reason and giving to other staff!!They had a lot favourites (staff) in the company which was very annoying! In a general way I like getting to know the clients and the staff but not a company to go back to.

Pros

Staff and clients.

Cons

Long hours. Favourite staff.

Lack of support from management

The job itself is not too difficult, especially if you do not mind personal care, and the service users are usually very nice making the job sometimes worthwhile. However, there is very little support from management side and dont seem to be very organised making the simple things a lot harder.

Good company but not so great pay

Great company to work for and the job is rewarding but the lack of hours and little pay for mileage isn’t especially if you have a motorcycle. Job pay says £14 per hour but you have to pay for your own holiday which makes the hourly rate about £12 an hour.

Pros

Breaks if on a double

Cons

Poor rates

Best company ever

I have been with Enthuse Care over a year now, i have made really good progress from being on road to a senior carer, from that to supervisor. All the staff in the office are very supportive as well as being kind. Everyone in this company is very unique however one mutual thing about everyone is the fact that they are all hardworking and willing to help one another. Its a very demanding job however it is very rewarding. Management is the BEST as they are very understanding and will do everything to make your life easy. I have learnt a lot from this company and still learning new things each day. Overall such an amazing place to be working I enjoy and love every second of it.

Toxic and negative place to work

Managment and most staff have a lack of empathy and respect for service users and towards each other. Lack of leadership, carers run riot doing as they please. Avoid, just overall toxic, negative place to work.

Great

Great company to work for. I have enjoyed all my roles and would say to anyone come work for a great company with a great team. I enjoyed every minute

Pros

Great people

Best company

I have worked for many care company’s and I can happily say that this is the best care company I have ever worked for. They are very supportive and approachable. I am so happy in my job role and look forward to going to work for the first time ever.

Supportive and friendly

This is the best care company I've worked for by far. Everyone is really friendly and helpful, and if you have a question there is always someone who can answer it. There are several ways of contacting other carers with any issues/problems that might arise on shift, and I've always gotten a response quickly. The team are great, and will often go out of their way to help if someone is struggling or running a bit behind. The office staff are very open and welcoming, they always have little snacks in there and you're welcome to refill your drink bottle if you're collecting PPE or even just going past. Everyone is very supportive and encouraging to progress further. It can be very stressful at times, as this is a very high energy sort of job,especially during flu season as there can be a lot of sickness that needs covering. Travel time isn't always enough, and you can run behind sometimes but it usually balances back out between some calls being shorter or another carer picking one up for you so you can get back on track.

Great pay and upbeat work in enviroment

Great rates of pay in comparison to other care companies in the area. Great if you enjoy a fast pace work environment no day is ever the same. Strict policies when it comes to the clients to ensure we are giving them the best standards of care available to them.

Challenging but Rewarding Job

Definitely is the best care company I have worked for so far. I have found that your work is noticed tbh. It can be challenging like anywhere, especially if there is sickness but I have found the team/carers in the New Forest to be really supportive. Job is fast paced with clients but you can say if you need more time between clients. Can earn a lot of money if you put the time in but it can be long days. They do also promote within a lot. With how the care industry is, it’s pretty great and I have stayed for years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enthuse Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement