Enthuse Care

Enthuse Care Employee Reviews

Job site offers £14-£15 but this includes all your holiday and pension so you actually salary is about £12 a hour. Still not bad. Only paid for time in house this is fine but I would work 14 hour days and be paid for 8 hours....Got told that when you get promoted to senior you get 75p extra an hour, company refused to give evidence of this and when you ask for contract for your new hourly rate they decline. Was only 25p extra an hour so around £11 a week.Pay slips not password protected so very poor GDPR even when asked why they don't and can they protect my info they brushed it off and blamed Covid.You can earn great money here just be ready to give up your whole life to do it.Very back stabby team, lots of chatter behind your back. Overall experience is average as I'm sure most care companies are like this. Enthuse is a new company so guess they need time to grow and learn
Pros
The clients are nice
Cons
Long long hours if you want to make dollar
The pay at enthuse is good and the hrs flexible just lacking in good management which unfortunately lets the company down. All to quick to yell at you for your short comings and never thanking or encouraging you for all the good things. Can be quite demoralising when you are trying your best and its never good enough. There is a vibe amongst employees of trying to get one up on each there which kills any sense of comradeship and unity in the ranks. Pretty much all comes down to poor managerial skills.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Poor management
9 February 2021
We feel we do our upmost to ensure our carers feel appreciated and supported and we try to reward staff with incentives such as; employee of the month/year where there is a chance to win an all inclusive holiday for two, staff recognition on social media, regular staff parties and our benefits booklet where we have collaborated with local business's who are offering our staff exclusive discounts. We also pay all staff an annual bonus which is made up of residual profit after all costs as we believe, every employee contributes directly to the Enthuse Care Growth and we actively promote from within and encourage progression. We are sincerely sorry that you feel this way, this is never our intention at Enthuse Care.
I have worked for Enthuse for a while now. It’s one of the best care company’s I have ever worked for. Management are approachable, helpful, kind and caring. They are available at the end of the phone pretty much 24/7 for anyone, even if they’re not working. When they’re short staffed they also go out and work to help out. They listen to what staff want, days off at short notice, call swapping and their preferred round. You can change your availability as much as you want, booking holiday is easy. Communication is great, all the care staff that work there are so nice and don’t have a problem helping you with anything. The pay is good, and like any Dom care company if you put the hours in it really pays off. They are flexible with your shifts if you need to swap anything. During this pandemic I feel they have taken everything so seriously and are doing their best to keep us all safe. The best bit about this company is no matter what time it is, whatever you need, or if you’re stuck or need help someone is always at the end of the phone to support you
Cons
This company is an awful environment to work in. Most of the carers you work with in the community are great but because of management very unhappy. You are not allowed to take sick days unless as I quote “you’re dead”.Pay is awful and even worse if you get on the offices wrong side where they will take most of your shifts off you to make a point.Management is very clicky and do not give a toss about you if you’re not in that group. Carers are treated with no respect what so ever!New employees are sent out to work before being given proper training and experience which puts a massive strain on the employee who knows what they’re doing.The company constantly goes on about how the clients welfare comes first but this is only when it suits them. They like to make up rules one minute and then change things when it doesn’t suit them. The management constantly talk about clients and staff behind their backs- another example of lack of respect. It is embarrassing to work for this company as you’re constantly late and have to apologise to the client and family- this is not acceptable when clients may need pad changes etc. This is caused by having no travel time. Also you are only paid when you are actually with a client so you could work a 14hour day and only be paid for 9. There is so much I could say about this company but the I think this gives a good review of this branch and company.
Pros
Meeting lovely clients
Cons
Management. Awful pay. Unexperienced carer. No travel time.
9 February 2021
Hi there, I will try my best to answer all of your above comments.Sickness- You must advise the Supervisor or Senior Member of staff on duty, ideally the night before but no later than three hours prior to the commencement of your shift, when possible, or as soon as is reasonably practicable if you are going to be absent from work. Unless in the case of an emergency (for example you are hospitalized).Training- All new joiners undergo our induction training programme, no matter how experienced they are, as we like to ensure everyone is trained in the way we do things. Our training includes, but not limited to, Standards 1-15, The Care Certificate, Moving & Handling, Health & Safety, Medication Training, Basic First Aid plus Infection Prevention & Control practical. All employees then undergo shadowing where they will work with an experienced member of staff who is also monitoring our new joiner and can update our trainers as to whether they believe more training is needed before commencing of work. When signed off competent, our new joiner then enters or buddy process where they are in regular contact with our trainers who will mentor them throughout their probation period.Travel time- We always try to ensure enough travel time, this is calculated from Google Maps, but unfortunately, we cannot account for road works, traffic etc.Pay- We apologise if you disagree with 'contact time' pay. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the business, this has always been the way we operate and have strict processes and systems in place to ensure all calls are clustered to minimise travel - more...
Male carer, previously worked at Enthuse, Drayton area. Had effective training from the get go. Management are kind and approachable - even let you choose your hours for the most part! Clients are challenging but also interesting and you truly get to know them. No qualms
Pros
Choose the days you want to work, excellent management, good training
Cons
Some clients can be difficult, but expected with all care roles
First few month here were amazing loved every minute of my job, the clients are lovely and so are the people you work out in the community with HOWEVER management are a shambles and don’t seem to get that respect works both ways and think you should worship the group they walk on! “Don’t call in sick unless your dead” , “ your problem isn’t my problem “ or your hours will get taken off you. Being part of the “click” is the main aim at this place get friendly with management you’ll get to the top in a month 👍. Group chat is joke management Seem to think they can talk to you like something on the bottom of their shoe It’s disgusting.
Pros
Clients
7 December 2020
We are sad to hear you had an unpleasant experience with us. We feel our Portsmouth branch has always managed to uphold a sense of team work, with lots of compliments as to how friendly and supportive our senior staff and mangers are. I am going to look into this complaint with our Care Director Rachel Hardwick and again, we are sorry you feel this way.
Enthuse care is a great company but does have its disadvantages. You do not get travel time meaning you have to rush nearly every clients call otherwise you'll be running late all day, even if it takes 30 minutes to get from one call to another. I have never gone sick but the few times I've been ill I have been told that there is no cover so have had to still go to work. Enthuse care have a carer of the month and year which is great to show appreciation, but I have seen new carers who have been in the job a month get carer of the month but there is carers who have been with the firm years and never been given it which don't make sense. I have also seen new carers being promoted within a few months to a senior. Wages are great compared to other care jobs but the hours are not. The only thing I never understood was why one area gets paid £14-15 ph and also get mileage while other areas are on £10-11 and get no mileage, surely every carer should get the same wage? The office staff can be helpful but if you're not sucking up to them 24/7 it seems you don't get as much help as those people, or get appreciated as much. I enjoy working for enthuse care because of the clients I see but it seems that its like most other care jobs I have had and the management and higher people in the job only care about money and themselves and not the people actually doing the work or the clients.
Pros
Great carers and pay
Cons
No travel time, poor management, no reconignition
25 November 2020
Hi there, i will try my best to answer all of your above comments.Travel time- We always try to ensure enough travel time, this is calculated from Google Maps, but unfortunately we can not account for road works, traffic etc.Sickness- You must advise the Supervisor or Senior Member of staff on duty, ideally the night before but no later than three hours prior to the commencement of your shift, when possible, or as soon as is reasonably practicable if you are going to be absent from work. Unless in the case of an emergency (for example you are hospitalized).New joiners- We do not discriminate against the length of time you have worked for us. If our care mangers believe a member of staff has gone above and beyond then they will be recognized for this. Pay- We pay a higher rate in the New Forest, Circa £14(weekdays)/£15(weekends)ph, because we take into account the distance and time needed to travel between calls. It is a rural area compared to the cities of Southampton, Portsmouth and Bournemouth where our staff are all paid circa £11.54ph (with the exception of senior carers/supervisors). All staff who drive a vehicle are paid mileage allowance, your comment above regarding this is untrue. Management- We are sorry that you feel this way. We take pride in ensuring our staff feel appreciated and looked after and its our directors duties, to ensure this ethos is embedded into our mangers performance.
the clients you meet are amazing however the quality of care and the managment in the office are appalling, you are not allowed sick days and unless your in there click they will find a way of screwing you over, senior roles are appointed after 5 minutes of being there without much experience. STAY CLEAR for everythibf if you are not friends with the office staff
Pros
clients
Cons
Office staff
25 November 2020
We are sad to hear you had an unpleasant experience with us. We feel our Portsmouth branch has always managed to uphold a sense of team work, with lots of compliments as to how friendly and supportive our senior staff and mangers are. In regards to senior and supervisor roles, we do not discriminate against the length of time you have worked for Enthuse Care and feel if someone is right for the position, it is fair that they are given equal opportunity.
Enthuse care are definitely the best company to work for. Approachable, friendly management team, fantastic service users and supportive staff. Any issues raised are always actioned and treated seriously. Service users get the care they need and deserve. Pay is good and hours available, if I need to work less or more, rotas are always scheduled around my needs which is great.
Pros
Great company overall
Cons
I love the culture working at Enthuse Care - Everyone is so friendly and it makes the working day a much more pleasurable experience. I love the job as well as the company, therefore I would highly recommend.
I have worked for enthuse care for several years now and would not dream of leaving. The management are very helpful, they are great with every problem I may have. The pay is great with amazing incentives.
Cons
I cannot express how amazing working in the care sector is it’s a lovely job and I couldn’t be more thankful for the clients I look after BUT... The first couple of months I absolutely adored the company I worked for was so reassuring and lovely! But as soon as I passed the probation all helped stopped, I didn’t get help from any management. I didn’t get spoke to or treated with respect. Management is quite harsh and has a lack of the companies dynamics is all wrong. The promotions are all based on who is liked more by the hierarchy rather than who is good at the job. Absolute shambles!!! understanding.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
13 July 2020
We are sad to hear you had an unpleasant experience with us once you had passed your probation period. We feel our Portsmouth branch has always managed to uphold a sense of team work, with lots of compliments as to how friendly and supportive our senior staff and mangers are. This is not how we normally operate and we would be more than happy to look into this for you, please email us your concerns at admin@enthusecare.com.
The worst company I’ve worked with!!! The management is outrageous; there is a lack of communication, especially when serious matters are raised! Stay away from it
Pros
The clients
Cons
Everything else, especially the management it is awful
13 July 2020
We are very sorry that you feel this way. We have a very robust 'Incident Process' and an instant alert system via our staff app 'Birdie' should any information need to be passed on and dealt with, no matter how serious.We would be more than happy to look into any concerns you may have.Please send an email to admin@enthusecare.com
I have had a good experienced working at Ethuse Care. The people are very accommodating and pleasant. Easy access to the Admin if you have problems,you can talk to the line manager and discuss it and very helpful.
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
Not incountered .
The job itself is beautiful - caring is a wonderful profession. If you're thinking about starting a career in care or developing your career further, I would certainly recommend this work. But not for this company. They are uncommunicative, unprofessional and a waste of time to try and start with. I experienced endless problems with this company and would not recommend working for them to anyone.
1 July 2020
We are very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with us. We feel we have an extremely robust take on process, keep clear lines of communication at all times including our open door policy, and also try to ensure we remain professional whilst having a friendly approach. If you would like to send us an email with your concerns and complaints, we will be more than happy to look into these for you as this is not how we usually operate.
I have worked in care for around 4 years and enthuse care has been by far the most enjoyable company to work for. Its really nice to finally find a company where you feel like part of a team and not just a carer. Yeah sure, you have to travel around and you are only paid contact time, which is probably the only downfall of the role, but that's all part of 'community care' and i have faced this issue at every company i have worked for. I love looking after our elderly, its so rewarding- and its even better knowing that the work you are doing is recognised and appreciated by your employer!
Management is the worst I’ve ever had in a job does not communicate and makes you feel really low. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there as it is shambles
25 February 2020
We are very sad to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with us. At Enthuse Care, we do our upmost to ensure our Care Partners feel supported and looked after as we believe that happy staff equals happy clients and so apologise if you felt that our ethos, at this time, was not adhered to.If you would like to send us an email we will be sure to deal with your complaint.
This is my first job in care and from the beginning i was supported and made to feel relaxed. The trainer made sure we were confident with the classroom training before i went shadowing, which I had to wait for because my crb check took a little while, but as soon as it did i was out and starting work within about 4 days. The office team clearly communicate and are efficient. Since starting, i have had phone calls every week by my trainer to make sure i am happy and have no issues. Being new to care the support i have received is great!! Thank you!!!
I work on the retainer in Southampton which is fast pace and very challenging at times due to the requirements of the clients and taking on calls last minute but you are paid for the hole shift unlike any other care company i have worked for (only paid for time actually with the client, not travelling in between) so it makes it all worth it at the end of the month! I would highly recommend this role if you are experienced as the pay is fantastic and best petrol allowance yet.
Absolutely terrible company to work for. Management and people in the office do not care about you and are not helpful. Very deceiving. You are lied to and forgotten about. I and other workers had not received a copy of our contract and I had discovered I was on a 0 hour contract without being informed prior to the job. Pay is terrible as you are not paid inbetween calls but only paid for the amount of time you are in the service users house resulting in getting paid for 5 hours for the 13 hours you have worked or 4 hours of the 8 hours you have worked. Communication is also poor. You are not granted any time off unless you book off 2 weeks prior meaning if you have suddenly become sick, you will be forced to work. There’s a lot more I can say but this review is already too long
25 February 2020
We are very sorry that you feel this way. Just to clarify a few points made in your complaint;-You sign a copy of your contract at your induction training which is then saved into your HR file, you can request a copy at any time. - An offer letter is signed when accepting a position, which states that you are on a 0 hour contract until you pass your probation period (this is usually a 3 month period) and at your first supervision, contracted hours are then reviewed.- Two weeks’ notice is required for annual leave as the principle of first-come-first-served will apply so it is better to book in annual leave as soon as you know when you wish to take it.- Due to the nature of the business, we pay contact time for our 'Care Assistant' role. However we do cluster your calls to minimise travel in between so are very concerned with your above comment. We would be more than happy to look into this for you, please send an email to admin@enthusecare.com.
Enthuse care is a good place to work if you are looking for a fast place of employment however you do not get paid holiday and wage is not enough for living finances.
25 February 2020
It is illegal not to pay holiday pay and can ensure you, your above comment is untrue.Because of the variable nature of the business, and that many of our staff work part time you can elect to receive the holiday pay when you like, for example every month, or when you go on holiday, or when you book your holiday. So we express your holiday as a "holiday pot", which you can ask to know how much its accrued at any time.You would have agreed at induction training, how you would like your holiday pay paid which is signed by you and documented on your terms and conditions. We would be more than happy to send a copy of this to you, just send an email to admin@enthusecare.com.
  1. Employee reviews