Epilepsy Society

Epilepsy Society Employee Reviews

Fair

A good company to work for. I was only bank receptionist but I knew early on that there wouldn't be much opportunity to work any reasonable length of time as the permanent receptionist hardly took time off and they never trained me for the second receptionist role in the other department which they were supposed to.

Poor place to work.

I used to work at the society and I would never go back. The blame culture from management to front line staff was horrendous. If anything went wrong in the house front line staff were blamed for it.Management never listened to frontline staff. They always said we put the residents first but they never did it was all about training and care certificates then the residents. Management never did anything about serious issues which occured within the house. Director of care services is useless also didn't care about front line staff and always took management side. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK HERE.

Pros

Brilliant residents, some staff amazing to work with and worked well as a team

Cons

Horrible management, money hungry management, no one cared about front line staff, poor wage, management not listening to frontline staff, hardly any security onsite, training not kept up to date, lost aot of valuable staff, a lot of gossiping around, some very lazy staff

Worthwhile job, poor money and no leadership

Nice place to work, but recent redundancies showed what higher management are really like, all made redundant were direct support for residents on low wages, no higher management lost their jobs, they looked after each other, felt really sorry, all activities team and therapy teams were let go, coffee shop for residents stopped, but not one person in the top 25% of wages at the epilepsy Soceity lost their jobs, and none have direct contact with residents,32 people approx were made redundant, people who made residents life so much better, put a smile on residents faces, much more than money can buy, but higher management were only interested in preserving their jobs, and whatever they say,they are ruthless, and had this planned a lot longer than recently,they made out how they felt so bad about doing this, and actually wanted you to feel sorry for the predicament they were in, but it was all false, and a lot of people saw through it, they actually wanted therapy and activities co ordinators to take on support workers roles, for example an activities person, would become a support worker,take drop in wages, and be expected to do 3 roles in one, support worker, activities and a driver, management actually thought we were fools.

Pros

helping those less fortunate than yourself, nice co workers, can be fun

Cons

Poor wages, blame culture.assistant house manager was poor

evil environment

Pay is a joke.Massive blame culture, mentality of staff shocking. Management mentally in 80.Staff unfriendly.I would not place my relatives there.

Pros

service users

Cons

nasty staff

A lot of kindness and compassion from all who work here

There's a family feel here - the doctors are experts in their field and they are kind and compassionate with the patients. The consultants keep abreast with new technology and also with new pharmaceuticals. The residents are cared for by well trained and compassionate staff.

Review

i Enjoyed my time working with epilepsy society I learnt many skills whilst working with them. The management is very good Very good company enjoyed working Learnt new experience

very bad company to work for

The worst company to work for, run by and managed by idiots, very big blame culture as well. I would not recommend to anyone to work for them. thank you

Epilepsy Society is the UK’s leading provider of epilepsy services. It is a good place to work. Through their cutting edge research, awareness campaigns, information resources and expert care, they work for everyone affected by epilepsy in the UK.

Pros

Free parking

Lovely place to work

I love working in QEH at the Epilepsy society it is like working for a family. I feel valued and can work shifts to suit me. I am given a lot of training opportunities, and management are approachable.

Challenging

Helping residents with day to day care. How to be more patient with people. The management are ok but bad at organisation. The culture is OK, people care a lot about the residents

Pros

Rewarding when helping someone

Cons

The salary and lack of team work

Jobs at Epilepsy Society

See more jobs

productive

nice place to work I have learned a lot since working at the epilepsy society I gained more confidence nice environment to work in able to progress more

Estates Department

A fantastic department to work for within a friendly environment and hard working team. No two days are alike with a variety of jobs to complete across a large site. Training and development is provided for all employees to suit their needs and career progression. Regular team meetings with the head of department help to keep everyone informed of the department's success and developments. The estates department has built a great reputation across the society over the last few years and provides a service crucial to the need of our service users. It is an extremely rewarding job knowing that you are doing your bit to make the lives of people in need more comfortable and enjoyable.

Pros

Free Parking, Family like environment, flexible, training and development.

Challenging opportunities for professional development.

I have spent in the company 11 years, learning a lot about epilepsy and challenging behaviour. Found every day rewarding and satisfying providing care to people with epilepsy and helping them in everyday challenges. I have been working with committed team of employees and management. It has been a true life changing experience.

not what it used to be

Has had a lot of senior team management changes. Recent changes leading to redundancies resulting in shortage of staffing across the organisation. But seems to be money for trival things such as new air con system in senior management offices (allegedly) and security team (which no one sees aroud the organisation). Very poor communication and involvement between senior management and front line workers. Culture of blame and lack of owning responsibility for mistakes or poor choices. Poor moral overall in organisation! Incentives for workers to work up a pay scale by undergoing trainings taken away/reduced dramatically. However, front line workers generally are caring and passionate about providing good qulaity care for service users.

Pros

Front line workers caring and passionate about providing good care

Cons

Blame culture, lack of taking responsibility of own actions, Poor-to non career progression

Looking for work

: I have an open mind, a readiness to learn and improve; identified from a young age that learning is a life-long process. Teaching sports in primary schools has further taught me new things.

Enjoy making a difference to peoples life's.

Check in with nurses to find out any issues that may of happened. Complete temperature charts for fridges and freezers. Work out how much food needs to be cooked for patients. Check with the cleaners and notify them of any areas of concern. Arrange any bed movements that need to happen. Help with clerking in new patients and discharging others. Serving lunch, placing orders. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference to people. The hardest part is when I can't help someone but I always try to get the answers or direct them to the correct person.

Pros

free parking

Cons

No pay rises

Good voluntary sector establishment

A challenging and stimulating place to work. Every day was different. Working with a very diverse group of clients and patients.

Pros

Lots of opportunity to progress a career

Cons

Challenge to keep up with ever changing landscape of health and social care

Rewarding and a great learning curve

Volunteering for Epilepsy Society was a great way to build confidence in working with others and providing individuals with their needs and was rewarding to be part of a team who helped those with learning disabilities take part in a range of activities.

Pros

Learning about individual needs, confidence in aiding people with learning disabilities, being part of a team that cares

mental health

Epilepsy Society- Working at the Gowers assessment Unit under the direction of the Manager, to assist in providing care and assessment of patients with epilepsy. Assisting in identifying, implementing and evaluating patients care and treatment in conjunction with members of the multidisciplinary team. Carrying out health assessment, pre admission of patients.

Pros

enjoy the challenges

Cons

shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epilepsy Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement