Equans

Equans Employee Reviews

United Kingdom48 reviews

Relaxed and Enjoyable

Featured review

Equans selected this as a representative review
Brilliant company and management. Relaxed environment. Overtime available. Supportive management team and staff. Different locations within the city.

Terrible

Worked here for 5 months , horrendous company to work for hence the massive turnover in work force , boring and your treated like you serve the so called aboves every order stuck in the past and certain needs a change of management and to get with the times

Insights into Equans

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Caretaker

Due to the latest financial crisis I didn’t stay in my role as a school caretaker as long as I would have liked. The Rotherham school I was at was a great place to work, from the receptionist to the headteacher they were very easy to get along with. The type of work I usually do was totally different from this role. In the future if things start to level out I would love to go back to this type of work.

Too much work,high expectations

Minimum wage, payslips not very clear. High expectations in limited time. Expected to do work of others of sick in allocated time of your own work. No extra pay . Can be very picky over trivial things. Always something wrong with the work.

Pros

Cons

Too much work in a small amount of time

Great Job, Very poor leadership.

A toxic culture with a tick box attitude to Health, Safety and well being.Poor communication, poor planning and under handed tactics from management has resulted in a massive turnover of staff and as a result poor levels of maintenance and no continuity for clients.If you want to maintain your professional integrity stay away from this area of Equans.

Pros

Good Work/life balance

Cons

Toxic Culture and Micro Management!

Good employee orientated company

Had some great times at Engie/Equans. The company is very employee orientated, good flexibility, forward thinking, always looking to improve. Good Opportunities to develop.

Not one I'd like to experience again.

What is the best part of working at the company?I didn't find anything good about working for this company, who i consider are unorganised and set unrealistic tagets. They expect far too much ,for what they pay, plus their treatment of staff is dispicable. I would definitely not consider this a company to work for again.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stessful part of working at the company are their expectations are unrealistic. When I joined from the agency I was advised I'd be painting ( a kitchen or a bathroom) a day. However the reality was somewhat very different, they expected me to decorate a Kitchen, Bathroom and Wc all in one day. Paying no attention to drying time or the standard of works carried out before the painting could be done. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I can't really answer this question conclusively as i wasn't at the company long enough to gauge. However In my situation and from my experience the culture is uncaring towards the staff, who I found had no voice. It's just a put up and shut up situation, otherwise your out the door .What is a typical day like for you at the company?As a Painter / Decorator I found the typical day very frustrating, in terms of waiting for things to dry in order to move onto the next stage. In most cases without ventilation to help dry things out. Plus working around other team members, futher thwarting progress.

Poor work place

No support given even when asked multiple times toxic work place mangers have favourites, members of staff quite rude, hand disaplinarys out like it's candy

Landscape Gardener

Had interview.....couldn't be bothered to let me know if I got the job or not..which they said that they would. Slightly unprofessional..to be honest was rather happy not to be offered it.

Pros

Working outside

Cons

Probably none

Bullying & belittling. Not a good impression of Equans.

One or two would be chiefs who are being allowed to get away with unprofessional belittling of staff. Very high staff turnover and bullyish belittling toxic atmosphere in a certain department. The common denominator/s still in their position/s. Management have been told many times and they see how many ppl are leaving but do nothing.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Toxic

Fun work place

Great. Fun place, management listen. Sometimes. Loads of over time when i want to go shopping for cake and tings. And get me blood clart fix. And tek the rearted dog for him sprint up da mountain.

A good place to work

No stress, good relationships within teams and with the clientGood working hours and management strive to make this better if requestedThe work gets completed without time pressures

Pros

Teams and collaboration

Cons

N/a

Business support coordinator

Very Bad culture, constant pressure to perform and very little chance to learn anything new at the place, management does not support well being of people, it is like a pressure cooker to make money for Equans.

Pros

you can work from home

Cons

Long hours, Mangers not trained properly, very rude management system.

Lied too

Despite being told the company has a good family support system in place they don’t. A robot with no other responsibilities or pressures in life would be perfect. They want you to live to work, not work to live. Penalised for taking time off due to illness of myself or family. Told that time off for a family members death that was given as compensation leave was out of common courtesy

Excellent

This job is the best job and the weirdest job ever. Typical day as a caretaker is mainly doing basic chores. I’ve learnt a lot from the engineers and fellow caretaker. The workplace culture is questionable. The hardest part about the job is some people you have to work with. And the most enjoyable part about the job is the hours are good.

Mediocre job

Management is appalling. Everything is falling apart as they have under priced the contract. Manager is clueless and hiring totally incompetent people such as "GMO'S"

Pros

Days - not night shift

Cons

Under payed, No training courses. They promise the world but never deliver.

Good job

Its a good job but the wage is the basic so you have to mix with another job to cope, they dont accept more than 40 h per week so imposible to do extra hours

Pros

Insurance

Cons

8 hours and just 30 min break

not a great place to work

I hated working for them. was constantly set tasks outside my skull set even after speaking to management.had work booked through my lunch hour every day for six month's and time allocation for jobs is ridiculous.no help from management you are expected to do everything and have to constantly call them to ask for permission to do anything.I was expected to start half an hour earlier unpaid once a week to attend a tool box talk an hour travel from my working area

Pros

non

Cons

too many

An unforgettable experience

Found all staff approachable and easy to talk to. The job is coming to a close and I'm moving on as I am self employed. However I would definitely work for them again

Boring and misleading

From the recruiting to the end it was a very bad experience.A agency does the initial recruitment then your left to dechipher how you go from there. Very cliquey workforce. The job description was nothing similar to the actual job. Felt that there was no support what so ever. Got the impression that management didnt care less and no one had a clue. There is a reason why they seem to be constantly recruiting staff there.

Pros

Decent wage

Cons

Boring, and no support.

Stay away sorry I can't give no stars

I worked in the Belfast office involved in NIHE building maintenance contract . Very badly managed with non existent management from contract managers . Electrians who are not qualified to complete all aspects of the work , no support mechanism, attitude of anything will do, it's not my house.The heating contract is totally different and run entirely differently. The only area I would recommend someone to work.

Pros

Heating contract is a good place to work.

Cons

Building maintenance contract is a horrible place with a terrible management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement