Equinox

Equinox Employee Reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,031 reviews

Sociable and fun workplace

A typical day at work is quite nice: - talking with the members make sure they are ok and they enjoy being there. - ensure that everything is running smooth.

A good company , good management, nice colleagues.

Equinox by it's self it's fantastic , only when you enter in you understand that here people put a lot of work and soul from both sides and owner /management/staff and customers, there I've learned how to pay attention to many things that I've never did before . Management knows their job very well .

Fast paced environment...you have to deal with the members of the club all the time....not all of them are nice.... it's a good place to work if you like to workout....this being free for employees....

Pros

You can use the gym for free

Cons

To many responsibilities....fast paced environment

Productive and enjoyable place to work

A usual day involves me cleaning the equipment, changing rooms and main gym area while also completing various tasks and errands around the gym. I have learned how to work hard for my money as I always have something to do. The management are very friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is the social aspect of meeting all the clients while the hardest part is cleaning the equipment.

good management

enjoyed my time at the company and learnt a lot working with other staff from varied ethnic background and religion. team work was also good and colleagues where supportive.

Be Careful!

They invite instructors to audition for non existent fitness roles. They just need you to be a body for, for example one Pilates teacher that they're auditioning. Very bad practice and a guaranteed waste of your day/time. AVOID.

great work environment

great place to work floor shift hours 1-3 times a week good managers that help you succeed get to meet new people get to use the gym membership friendly work environment

Fun workplace

I can sincerely say that I enjoyed my voluntary job at Equinox. It was not too challenging because what I did was entered invoices to computerized System, Preparing weekly reports and Petty cash monotering. Management was friendly, and I got on well with them, as well as my co-workers. There wasn’t anything that was too hard or challenging.

Cons

4 hours per week

The gold standard of health clubs

You have to raise your game to work in such a facility as Equinox is one of the trade leaders.

Pros

Training with the best equiptment in the trade

Cons

I use to enjoy working for this company but not anymore

Assessing High and low risk offenders some with substance misuse and mental health issues to establish suitable accommodation. Making referrals, looking for new landlords, sorting out benefit claims, housing issues. home visits, prison assessment, giving advice, attending meetings, training, case records, admin, liaising with voluntary and statutory agencies. I work in partnership with the Probation service and the Metropolitan Police, but mostly with probation officer. The hardest part of my job is to find new accommodation. The most enjoyable is when you have someone a place to live and they are progressing well with there life.

Pros

Was a great company to work for.

Cons

Now cutting staff wages

A fantastic place to work

We are working in a challenging environment and have had to make difficult decisions as a result.

Pros

The people

Don't even think about working there!

If I could give a 0 star rating I would. Fast and frequent turnaround of staff at all levels. I learned never to work for a US company again.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Safety and fun workplace

As the shift of the day or change of the moment, I could work alone or with another collegue in a particular department of the fitness club. The work was on shift but the starting hours in the morning was created on a resonable way and based on the personal possibilities to arrive on time at the workplace. During the lunchtime, we covered each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinox. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement
  • Equinox
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?