Esland Care

Esland Care Employee Reviews

Awful place to work- very toxic environment and all about the money the children have £££ on their heads-awful. Shame as some good practitioners work there, but majority are all for themselves. Do not care for staff, do not care for the quality of care for the children- avoid at all costs.
23 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are disappointed to read your feedback and would encourage you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please email hrquery@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.
The young people are great, the behaviour can be challenging but they are great to work with. My induction wasn't detailed and I felt more could of been done so I was informed of each young persons risks. Some of the staff were great in showing me the ropes but this was after I was asking.It took around 8 weeks for a start date to come through despite head office saying they had all of my checks back.There is an expectation that you automatically pick up the vast amounts of overtime that are offered and I had another job as well because the pay wasn't good. Because I couldn't pick up much overtime I felt that I wasn't included in some aspects of the role.The provider I now work for appreciates the work that I do and pays more. My advice, don't apply here go somewhere else.
Pros
The young people are great to work with.
Cons
Long hours and over worked. Pay
All staff from residential workers to regional managers and above are approachable and supportive. Staff teams support one another and safeguard one another, while ensuring environment is safe, supportive and fun for the young people.
23 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. Its great to hear your positive experiences so far and we wish you a long and successful career with us.
I have been working with the company now for 5 months, I've worked for a few 'children's homes' and I have to say, this company are great, professional and I feel that they really care for the children that are in their care. Always trying to better themselves.there are lots of training and if you want training in a certain area, than all you do is ask and its done. Everyday is different and I love the variety of my role. I am part of a strong small team which I love as this promotes a sense of family to the children we look after. The hardest part of the job is going home :)The most enjoyable part of my job is being with the children and seeing them thrive.
Pros
Home from home
Cons
On-Call
23 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. It's great to read your positive feedback. We pride ourselves on being committed to our Company mission to changing children's lives for the better by providing the best in class specialist services, and we're pleased to hear you're enjoying your role with us.
Not a safe feel to the school that I work in. Company profits come before teaching and the safety of pupils. Management only looking out for themselves - teaching and support staff have to 'make do or leave'.
Pros
Newly decorated rooms. Lots of IT equipment.
Cons
Intimidation by management who only care about themselves and OFSTED.
23 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are really disappointed to read your feedback and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please email hrquery@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. We pride ourselves on the health, safety and wellbeing of all of our staff teams and pupils and we value your feedback to enable us to address any concerns and make improvements where necessary.
Absolute joke of a company, We’re do I start I got offered the job and I accepted, after waiting for 6 weeks for my dbs I got a start date. I was told although it’s full time I’d be on a zero hr contract whilst training which I though ok that’s fine. I did 2 shifts and now they’ve said there over staffed and there’s no work for me. I was told to try the other homes and nothing, no spare hrs yet there advertising several jobs on indeed. After trying to get in touch with them for 4 days I finally got through to someone who again has said no work, why advertise for full time if you have no work and I’ve turned down several jobs for this role.
23 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We're sorry to hear of your experience upon joining us and we'd love to further understand the issues you had. We would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further so please email hrquery@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.
I don’t even know where to start. This organisation is the biggest joke I have ever come across. They’re once was a time where Esland had amazing morals and was a safe place for kids. What the company is today is a greedy safeguarding concern for all local authorities that want to place there kids there. Basically if you care about the welfare of children and dare challenge or disagree with an order that has been given from your managers/ regionals etc, you best start looking for alternative employment. Before they drag you through an investigation with hopes to ruin your career. I honestly don’t know how the people in charge sleep at night, knowing what they are doing and keep doing to ruin people’s life’s, who have in fact nearly lost theirs looking after the countries most vulnerable children. Maybe if they put support, training, empathy, love and integrity into the business it might not be the dump that it is today. The kids are all that kept me there, despite the amount of disrespect and abuse I received on a regular basis. In my opinion the entire senior management team (who have had multiple disappearance acts and returns) need to go and people who actually care and know what they are doing need to come in and show everyone that they matter & that they are not dispensable. Maybe then staff retention might improve and you could actually get people in the building. Rather than charging the absolute earth for a placement to make up for the loses in the business. Meaning only getting secure worthy children and putting them on ridiculous ratios with no ability to progress - more...
Pros
Cons
Loads
29 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are really disappointed to read your feedback and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. Our Whistleblowing policy is also in place to support our staff with raising any concerns in a comfortable and confidential manner. We are proud of our people and the fantastic work that they do and invest in robust training and development to ensure that they are valued and supported during their time with us. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
The management needs more managing skills training to support staff better. Is on place I work that can see is so personal because things are done on the interests of the management no proper structure in for staff to follow. It wasn't a good experience for me coming from council organisations that proper policies and procedures in place. That was why I couldn't stay for long and moved on.
Pros
yeah you get free food and eat with the young people
Cons
Is four day on and four days off working patterns.
29 January 2021
Simply avoid Terrible place to work Employee engagement at an all time low and a lack of retention scheme to keep staff that know what they are doing Training is not adequate Recruitment Is poor, simply employing anyone to fulfil ratios and not in best interests of children
Pros
Short notice
Cons
Hr
12 August 2020
Absolutely shocking and awful. I was made to feel awful about myself whenever on shift due to working with a team full of bullies with huge egos and when reported to the homes manager, this would not be taken further so it continued for a lengthy period of time, to the point where your self - esteem hits rock bottom. If you care for the kids, work hard and do your job properly, then believe me.. you will get NOWHERE! They seem to promote and employ people who rely on others to do their work for them, failing that, will sit around in the office all day watching live football games on their phones, eating packets after packets of crisps or scrolling through on Amazon doing their online shopping. You will also be expected to sleep in dusty, filthy rooms with a lousy single bed with the springs poking through, so do not be surprised if you wake up with a raging headache, a nose full of dust or a back as stiff as a plank. If you have ideas in regards to the kids in order to make their lives better, I WOULD SCRAP THAT, as it will NOT get followed and you will be left feeling terrible about yourself and the work you have created. The word 'SUPPORT' will be drilled into your brain and you will feel great for a while, but understand this, you are on your own within this company. Need I say more?
Pros
Cons
Everything!
22 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are really disappointed to read your feedback and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. Our Whistleblowing policy is also in place to support our staff with raising any concerns in a comfortable and confidential manner. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
Toxic company to work for! Run by bullies who don’t care about the young people they are supposed to support or the staff! All managers are either bullies or don’t have a clue what they are doing! Even if you follow the whistle blowing procedure, nothing will change except you will be treated worse then you were before. They are nothing but corporate bullies!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Working there in the first place
2 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are really disappointed to read your feedback and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. If you'd like to do this, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. Whilst our sector can be challenging, we are committed to ensuring that staff wellbeing is paramount. All of our staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, access to support on an individual basis, monthly recognition awards, continued professional development and regular supervisions. Our Whistleblowing policy is also in place to support our staff with raising any concerns in a comfortable and confidential manner. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
I have recently returned to this company after a period of a few years. The whole company ethos has changed and things are greatly improved. My line manager has been supportive and flexible with me since commencing employment. Hard work is rewarded and recognised
Pros
Lots of opporunity for growth, learning and training.
Cons
This jobs requires time away from friends and family (2 days out of 6)
29 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, and welcome back! We are pleased to hear that you have experienced some of the great changes that are happening across the organisation and it's brilliant that your manager has been so supportive. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to Esland. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
Toxic environment to work in. No support what so ever. Management and above do not support you at all. Feel like a weight has been lifted since I left the company.
26 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We are really disappointed to read your feedback and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. If you'd like to do this, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch. Whilst our sector can be challenging, we are committed to ensuring that staff wellbeing is paramount. All of our staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, access to support on an individual basis, monthly recognition awards, continued professional development and regular supervisions. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
If they’re run good then it’s ok , poor management at some Face fits kind of environment!!! Got hurt several times and there was lack of support by managers
Pros
Good salary
21 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. We would like to invite you to discuss your feedback with us and ensure that you have any support that you need - if you'd like to do this, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
I have worked at Esland for around 18 months now, in that time I have progressed from a Residential Care Worker to Senior Residential Care Worker. I have also been fully supported in completing my level 3. The work is very challenging which is to be expected but my manager has been amazing with supporting me through any difficult shifts or situations. I always receive full de-briefs and my team are like a second family to me, always willing to have a chat after a tough day. The shifts may be long but it is rewarding when we see such good outcomes for our young people.
11 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland. It's fantastic to hear that you've been able to progress with us and have undertaken your Level 3! It's also wonderful to read about the supportive team you are a part of - you are right, this sector is very challenging at times but with a great team, there's always brighter days ahead! Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our young people. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
Any 5 star reviews are from staff that don’t actually work with the children. Esland runs a punishing environment and you will not enjoy your time working for this company. Choose your mental health over the money.
9 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, we appreciate your feedback. We are really disappointed to read your comments and would appreciate further information regarding them. As shown from past reviews, we encourage both care and support staff to provide feedback on their employment with us - all of our staff have a part to play in providing exceptional care to our young people, whether they are on the front line or providing support through other functions. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward. If you would like to discuss this further, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch.
I have been with company for almost 3 years and I have really enjoyed this time. There have been ups and downs, smiles and tears, yet always plenty of support from everyone. HR are understanding and willing to help if help needed
Pros
Supportive, friendly, oportunity to grow and develop
Cons
Long hours, takes time to get use to but eventually you just adjust to it
1 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, it's great to read your positive feedback. There's no mistaking it, the care sector can be very challenging, including some long days but we are committed to supporting our staff and making them feel valued. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our children. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
I have been an employee of Eslands for 3 months and i was made welcome by everyone, my work load is monitored thorough daily meeting to make sure so i don't get overwhelmedad and stressed. my line manager as an open door policy so i have the opportunity when ever i feel the need to go in and talk to him. I have worked for meany care companies and Esland seems to be right up there with the best of them for caring about the employees as much as the young people in there care.
1 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, it's great to read your fantastic review! The care sector can be challenging but it's great to hear that you have the support and guidance that you need in place from your manager. We are extremely proud of our people and the hard work that they bring to Esland. We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
I have worked for Esland for nearly two years. It is a relaxed environment and I have always felt valued by management. Progression is always supported, with the company happy to fund training and qualifications to enable career development. Overall a fantastic place to work!
1 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, it's great to read your positive feedback. We are really proud to support the progression of our staff, through training, qualifications and development opportunities. Thank you for your hard work! We value all feedback from current and past employees and wish you a long and successful career with us!
If you’re are thinking of taking on a role at esland where you’ll receive zero support, have management that are unqualified and do not care for your welfare, get beat up every other day and also get absolutely nothing from what the job description says..... this is the job for you! Staff turnover is ridiculous, and your often left on shift understaffed or with agency who quite frankly do not know what they are doing. The company revolves solely around money, and only money. you’ll be expected to work 36 hours on no sleep, and sometimes you may get put in hospital from being battered by the young people. But don’t worry, you'll still go back to work as normal, with no support and stay in an unsafe environment. as policy it states ‘you have a duty of care to yourself before duty of care of the young people’ unfortunately this doesn’t actually apply at esland as your safety will always comes last after the young people. This company takes on young people that are verging on secure, and us as staff are not trained enough to deal with there behaviours. But as long as they bring in thousands each week, That’s all that matters. You’ll be shipped around the company to different homes a lot of the time, but because there’s so many staff you'll barely be recognised for your hard work and mostly given negative feedback for what hasn’t been completed. You will feel mentally, physically and emotionally drained 99 percent of the time, most of the managers only care about the ofsted rating and not the people inside running the place. the only positive feedback about this company is meeting - more...
28 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, we appreciate your feedback.We are really disappointed to read your comments and would appreciate further information regarding them. Esland are a values-driven organisation with our team members at the heart of what we do. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch. As a growing business, we are proud that our staff turnover is significantly lower than the sector average, and our HR and Recruitment team are dedicated to engage with and retain employees who’s values are aligned with ours, as this is what helps us achieve Good and Oustanding outcomes for our children. Whilst our sector can be challenging, we are committed to ensuring that staff wellbeing is paramount. All of our staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, access to support on an individual basis, monthly recognition awards, continued professional development and regular supervisions. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
Poor company to work for treat there employees like they are disposable, if you do not agree with their views they will seek you out to punish. If you eventually leave they will not let you go with a good reputation and refuse to pay you. If you like working with children do not work here as all they see is pound signs and not people
27 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Esland, we appreciate your feedback.We are really disappointed to read your comments and would appreciate further information regarding them. Esland are a values-driven organisation with our people at the heart of what we do, to ensure the very best care for our children and young people. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please email recruitment@eslandcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
  1. Employee reviews