esure Services Limited

esure Services Limited Employee Reviews

very serious working environment

Very serious working environment. No direction from management, low team moral. .Blame culture in my own experience. No flexibility for work/home life. ie requests for time off for appointments etc are regularly declined for no valid reason./

Pros

Cons

Parking offsite, cannot eat at desk

Overworked and underpaid

You will never get a minute between calls, endless call queues. They wont even take you off calls to learn about process changes. They will tell you that your not a salesperson then only focus on your sales performance when it comes to feedback. No consideration for people on the phone and managers discuss confidential engagement surveys with others, disclose peoples answers in team meetings to try and sway your responses. All around bad place to work, if you have any other offers go elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Pay, endless call queues

Good company to work for

Lots of changes since being bought over by a PE firm so projects in planning were not completed and lots of changes were brought in impacting staff. Good friendly staff environment though

Brilliant place to work

Esure is an excellent place to work, it is fast paced, and like many call centres go through many times of change but they really do look after their staff. It is a target driven environment but i feel most KPIS are very achievable. If you have the right attitude and desire there is many career opportunities outwith the call centre. I have worked in many call centres and i have stayed at esure over 5 years for becaue3 it really is a fantastic business to work for

Productive and fun place

Working for Esure was a valuable opportunity which enabled me to gain a number of skills that I was able to transfer into future job positions effectively.

Not a nice place to work

I work there for multiple years and I would never recommend a friend to work there as your friend would hate you after a matter of a few days. Stay clear.

All about selling optional extras

more about promoting extras then caring about there staff/customers used to be a decent company to work for until bane bought them out now company full of yes men and the staff are just numbers to them expected to promote extras with no actual incentive to do so I would avoid if I was you under paid and under appreciated

Pros

Great team members

Cons

managment

Horrible place to work join if you fancy being miserable and have no social life

Where to being this place is a joke of an organisation and lie to you about everything!!!!! This is a customer services job not a sales job that’s all the managers care about is sales even when the customer refuse sales it’s somehow your fault. I was told when a customer says these words “I want to speak to a manager” the manager has to take the call. At no point throughout my time did any manager take the call they were too focused on staring at their phone do not work here!!!

stressful but rewarding

in a typical day of work there are approximately 30 phone calls taken from customers looking to make a claim, you will be expected to complete the call, while displaying empathy and excellent customer service, in 999 seconds. this includes instructing suppliers and sending communications to the customer. I struggled with this as i found that after a shock impact, people want to TALK. I was willing to take the extra few seconds to comfort them

overworked under paid

not enjoyable too stressful tiring long hours working environment uncomfortable when things get tough managers are not approachable can never settle as we are always being moved

Targets/KPIs galore

The pay is good however not worth the stress. In the claims department you are set unachievable targets and are questioned in your monthly review why you haven't hit said targets. That's if they can find time to have your monthly review as they don't like staff being off the phones for any amount of time. Including what is called 'processing' in the claims department. Processing is meant to be an allocated time off the phones to customers to check with garages for updates on repairs for you to email/SMS update a customer on this to, allegedly, reduce incoming calls. Processing was cut almost every day and you were expected to do this while on the phone to another customer who is reporting a new claim. You're also expected to sit there and listen to the abuse off customers (to a certain extent) and sit there repeating yourself when you give the customer the correct answer instead of the answer they want to hear. And then you get told off for your call times being too high. Overall, would not recommend working here. Expectations are far too high for staff and the job is not worth the stress it causes.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Too many to list

Might eventually be a good place to work

Overall the people that I work with are lovley but there are HUGE improvements this company must make. Firstly - please please please dont believe the job advert - this job is a SALES FOCUSED job, constant harrasment from managers to meet your targets are a regular occurance so it is not ideal for the type of person that cares about your customer. They expect you to hurry the customer through the call to reduce your handing time. They maintain that it is a suggestive sales job but ask why a customer hasnt bought anything from you. This is more driven for people who dont care about the customer needs and want to compete against other staff members - further reinforcement can be used by the fact they rate 50% of your overall performace on SALES. Mangement are poor - some dont want to help, others look miserable in there job, while other managers have an inflated ego of self importance, all combined means progression only happens if they favour you. The notion of encouranging bad behaviours in managers is rife - I have witnessed a manager being accused of bullying staff multiple times and nothing has been done.Dedicated and hard working people being left on the phone to make the managers stats look good while taking others off that could hamper this. The other flip side is that people who have went through the pay and progression to achieve expert levels are overworked and not valued as there title would suggest. These people are the ones that apply themselves and the managers overlook these people - if anything these people are the ones that should be helping the managers -

Pros

Great people to work with, ability to apply for holidays in advance, flexible with shift swaps.

Cons

Shift patterns not what they seem, focus is more on sales and not customer service, Poor Management.

Mostly a great place to work!

The job itself is not too bad, can be repetitive but that's fine by me. The real let downs are two major aspects. The first being that the training supplied seems all well and good initially, however, the way I have been trained conflicts with a lot of the processes I am constantly corrected on on a daily basis. I am confident I am following processes correctly and then I am told I am not hitting my KPI's. The second major downfall is that you are expected to keep your after call time and hold time to 45 seconds or below, on average per day. This is all well and good if I can complete tasks while on call, however, the acceptance criteria for average handling time per day does not allow for this and so the only way I see of adhering to such targets would be to speed through the calls and not go the extra mile, two things which I would be uncomfortable doing as that would effect my Customer Satisfaction rating, which we are also targeted on.

Pros

City Centre Location, Lots of Incentives and Overtime

Cons

Unsatisfactory training, bad KPI targets

Not quite what I applied for

Busy office, always something going on, and almost always calls coming in to the switchboard. Responsibilites include taking incoming calls from customers to change or cancel policies and potential customers to set up a quote for insurance. You are provided with computer at your desk and a headset, full and fun training is provided but it does get hard once the training stops and you have to be on the phones - some of the calls are a little destressing, for example people have to call insurance companies when a policy holders die, and sometimes the customer just won't accept what you're saying and argue the premium that the computer generated premium is wrong. However, the good calls give you the rewarding feeling like you have genuinely helped someone and they are happier because of the help you have given.

Pros

Bargain cafe in the canteen, free coffee machine seconds from the desk, comfy break rooms, regular breaks.

Cons

When I applied it was advertised as a 9-5 job, but it was 9-5 in training and then sporadic shifts, anywhere from 8-8 monday through sunday, busy office.

Could be better

Good job at first but no growth. Good people but no help or guidance throughout the job role, low cafe facilities and lack of job secuirity. No growth throughout

Ask a question about working or interviewing at esure Services Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7