esure Services Limited

esure Services Limited Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

All about selling optional extras

more about promoting extras then caring about there staff/customers used to be a decent company to work for until bane bought them out now company full of yes men and the staff are just numbers to them expected to promote extras with no actual incentive to do so I would avoid if I was you under paid and under appreciated

Pros

Great team members

Cons

managment

Overworked and underpaid

You will never get a minute between calls, endless call queues. They wont even take you off calls to learn about process changes. They will tell you that your not a salesperson then only focus on your sales performance when it comes to feedback. No consideration for people on the phone and managers discuss confidential engagement surveys with others, disclose peoples answers in team meetings to try and sway your responses. All around bad place to work, if you have any other offers go elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Pay, endless call queues

Productive and fun place

Working for Esure was a valuable opportunity which enabled me to gain a number of skills that I was able to transfer into future job positions effectively.

Horrible place to work join if you fancy being miserable and have no social life

Where to being this place is a joke of an organisation and lie to you about everything!!!!! This is a customer services job not a sales job that’s all the managers care about is sales even when the customer refuse sales it’s somehow your fault. I was told when a customer says these words “I want to speak to a manager” the manager has to take the call. At no point throughout my time did any manager take the call they were too focused on staring at their phone do not work here!!!

overworked under paid

not enjoyable too stressful tiring long hours working environment uncomfortable when things get tough managers are not approachable can never settle as we are always being moved

Might eventually be a good place to work

Overall the people that I work with are lovley but there are HUGE improvements this company must make. Firstly - please please please dont believe the job advert - this job is a SALES FOCUSED job, constant harrasment from managers to meet your targets are a regular occurance so it is not ideal for the type of person that cares about your customer. They expect you to hurry the customer through the call to reduce your handing time. They maintain that it is a suggestive sales job but ask why a customer hasnt bought anything from you. This is more driven for people who dont care about the customer needs and want to compete against other staff members - further reinforcement can be used by the fact they rate 50% of your overall performace on SALES. Mangement are poor - some dont want to help, others look miserable in there job, while other managers have an inflated ego of self importance, all combined means progression only happens if they favour you. The notion of encouranging bad behaviours in managers is rife - I have witnessed a manager being accused of bullying staff multiple times and nothing has been done.Dedicated and hard working people being left on the phone to make the managers stats look good while taking others off that could hamper this. The other flip side is that people who have went through the pay and progression to achieve expert levels are overworked and not valued as there title would suggest. These people are the ones that apply themselves and the managers overlook these people - if anything these people are the ones that should be helping the managers -

Pros

Great people to work with, ability to apply for holidays in advance, flexible with shift swaps.

Cons

Shift patterns not what they seem, focus is more on sales and not customer service, Poor Management.

Mostly a great place to work!

The job itself is not too bad, can be repetitive but that's fine by me. The real let downs are two major aspects. The first being that the training supplied seems all well and good initially, however, the way I have been trained conflicts with a lot of the processes I am constantly corrected on on a daily basis. I am confident I am following processes correctly and then I am told I am not hitting my KPI's. The second major downfall is that you are expected to keep your after call time and hold time to 45 seconds or below, on average per day. This is all well and good if I can complete tasks while on call, however, the acceptance criteria for average handling time per day does not allow for this and so the only way I see of adhering to such targets would be to speed through the calls and not go the extra mile, two things which I would be uncomfortable doing as that would effect my Customer Satisfaction rating, which we are also targeted on.

Pros

City Centre Location, Lots of Incentives and Overtime

Cons

Unsatisfactory training, bad KPI targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at esure Services Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7