Ethicall

Ethicall Culture reviews

Through my role at Ethicall I am responsible for the day to day running of a department of fundraisers with multiple campaigns to achieve challenging daily targets. I do this through organising my coaching team and helping to develop them and our fundraisers to deliver excellent quality calls and in turn results. In my time at Ethicall I have learnt a huge amount and flourished as an individual. As my first job following university the environment helped me to learn key work skills and hone in my approach to work. The culture is relaxed and fun, and the office is full of compassionate and friendly faces. The job can be challenging, particularly when key campaigns are not going to plan. However, through good problem solving, team management, and knowledge of coaching and motivation solving these issues can be the most rewarding part of the job.
I worked at Ethicall as a fundraiser for almost six months and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The work can be challenging but is very rewarding and the excellent coaching staff always acknowledge good performances throughout the day. Management are friendly and regularly provide great incentives for hard working staff and good team effort. The building is colourful and well maintained in a convenient central location. The best job I have had and I hope to return in future.
Pros
Rewarding work, good pay, nice people.
Cons
Would be nice to start work earlier, I think this is now happening.
Long hours, very dry repetitive work, no support, no incentives, no bonuses, people fired every day - a lot of time unfairly I might add. The coaches are next to useless as they fired all the good ones. Favouritism is blatant and the bully boy culture is well and truly alive in all areas of this company. If you are mad enough to work here check your wages each week as they will probably be wrong and be very careful when you leave / or are sacked. There is one angry little man here who holds serious grudges. Anyone who has worked here will know exactly what I am referring to!
Pros
Convenient location and decent offices in Welshback.
Cons
No job security whatsoever and unfair treatment is common knowledge.
A typical day at work would include calling individuals who expressed an interest in a charity or NGO, and inspring them to support them through a regular direct debit. What I learned is how to inspire or influence people enough to make the step in supporting the cause relevant at that time. Management were very supportive and gave me all the help that I needed and provided great motivation if the day was particularly tough, as were my co-workers. The hardest part was of course to get people to sign up! But the best part was the rewarding feeling of when they did, or hearing people speak so passionately about something they believe in.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Draining over time.
i loved the peoplei was working with, although the top table wasn't nice and the hours weren't nice as it meant i couldn't socialise with my friends only with my work colleagues
Pros
people
Cons
long hours, everything else
The targets are unreachable, management are only focused on their bonus and dont care about their staff and its overall not a nice place to work.
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ethicall?