Ethicall

Ethicall Management reviews

Ethicall, was generally a pleasant place to work with a nice atmosphere compared to other call centers. Poor job security as with most performance based call centers.
Pros
Good on Job training
Cons
unsociable hours
Management only out to make money not the people doing it for them. Management are horrendous, no people skills and so many people fired because they don’t like someone. Would advise anyone to work anywhere else but here.
Pros
Leaving and never going back
Cons
Promised lots of benefits which never happened
I worked at Ethicall as a fundraiser for almost six months and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The work can be challenging but is very rewarding and the excellent coaching staff always acknowledge good performances throughout the day. Management are friendly and regularly provide great incentives for hard working staff and good team effort. The building is colourful and well maintained in a convenient central location. The best job I have had and I hope to return in future.
Pros
Rewarding work, good pay, nice people.
Cons
Would be nice to start work earlier, I think this is now happening.
Long hours, very dry repetitive work, no support, no incentives, no bonuses, people fired every day - a lot of time unfairly I might add. The coaches are next to useless as they fired all the good ones. Favouritism is blatant and the bully boy culture is well and truly alive in all areas of this company. If you are mad enough to work here check your wages each week as they will probably be wrong and be very careful when you leave / or are sacked. There is one angry little man here who holds serious grudges. Anyone who has worked here will know exactly what I am referring to!
Pros
Convenient location and decent offices in Welshback.
Cons
No job security whatsoever and unfair treatment is common knowledge.
Through my role at Ethicall I am responsible for the day to day running of a department of fundraisers with multiple campaigns to achieve challenging daily targets. I do this through organising my coaching team and helping to develop them and our fundraisers to deliver excellent quality calls and in turn results. In my time at Ethicall I have learnt a huge amount and flourished as an individual. As my first job following university the environment helped me to learn key work skills and hone in my approach to work. The culture is relaxed and fun, and the office is full of compassionate and friendly faces. The job can be challenging, particularly when key campaigns are not going to plan. However, through good problem solving, team management, and knowledge of coaching and motivation solving these issues can be the most rewarding part of the job.
A typical day at work would include calling individuals who expressed an interest in a charity or NGO, and inspring them to support them through a regular direct debit. What I learned is how to inspire or influence people enough to make the step in supporting the cause relevant at that time. Management were very supportive and gave me all the help that I needed and provided great motivation if the day was particularly tough, as were my co-workers. The hardest part was of course to get people to sign up! But the best part was the rewarding feeling of when they did, or hearing people speak so passionately about something they believe in.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Draining over time.
It's a very exciting, fun and fast paced place to work. If you can deal with a lot of rejection and enjoy working towards targets, it's the perfect role. Due to it being such a relaxed, casual and young workplace, there are a lot of absences, so when you are genuinely ill or need time away from work (eg. funerals/holidays/etc), you are not allowed them or are called a liar. Another downside of this is being called into work an hour and a half early all week due to poor attendance from a large body of people - even if your attendance is perfect. The majority of roles available are temporary ongoing, which makes things like finding a place to live through an estate agent impossible.
Pros
Young, Fun, Every day is different
Cons
Unsociable hours, Poor management, Temporary ongoing contract
The targets are unreachable, management are only focused on their bonus and dont care about their staff and its overall not a nice place to work.
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else