Euro Garages
Happiness score is 26 out of 100

Euro Garages Employee Reviews

I got the supervisor position in a very busy shop and many times I worked alone. Also, I was surprised to see that as a supervisor you do exactly the same job as the other. This company doesn't care about their employees. It is a hard job and you are not paid too much, just the National Minimum Wage.
Pros
free lunches, every 6 months receiving extra money if you met the targets for that period
Cons
Working alone for 5-6 hours (there you have to bake the bread, cook, clean and serve the customers), the work that you do in here doesn't fit with your salary, difficult to take holidays, the lack of dishwasher (you have to wash everything manually), not paying extra for the overtime.
What a awful company to work for. Training is ok, but where I worked was a a nightmare from the start. You go in as a manager of a site, but the staff are always in control. This is because the site runs 24 hours and if you upset any of your staff, they will ring in sick, making you work for 24 hours. Area Manager does not support you and is unpleasent most of the time.Where I was reminds me of someone having cancer..... Unless the tumour is cut out, it will spread and get worse. In my case, it was left to grow and get worse.
Pros
Training is ok providing you have a good trainer.
Cons
Poor area manager, poor support, poor company
The hours are awful especially as they seem to always be understaffed or over houred. If you want a life out of work too bad you won’t have one, rotas change too often at the drop of a hat and your expected to then be able to change your life around it. No breaks even for a 12 hour shift. Area managers so desperate to keep unprofessional managers so that they don’t have to retrain Some else they turn blind eye to problems. No overtime pay for bank holidays. Sometimes your underpaid and need to call up to get it sorted. Training is barely there from experience you are just thrown into the deep end with barely any help (16 hours of training apparently) zero regard for personal health/ well being or life. Targets constantly being pushed on you too meet even if they’re not doable and they’re not met your basically punished. Bonus are extremely difficult to achieve.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours constant changes
This is my honest answer if you are really desperate then apply for this job if u ain't go somewhere else. U get no respect you get treated like dirt they take hours off you with out consulting you.i have never in my working life had a bad job like this
Cons
No support from so called "area managers/regional". Extra workload added with no reflection in pay or benefits. No support even during a global pandemic. Do not take any ideas or opinions into account. Too busy focusing on buying the world instead of focusing on the businesses they already have.Set unrealistic targets and are taken to a disciplinary when you don't hit them.
Pros
Staff food
Cons
See the above.
If you want a life outside of work, don’t join this company . Worst company you could ever work for . If your face doesn’t fit your work life will be horrible until you break and leave.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
No communication what so ever you need to work like salves .they only care about hiting targets and reports all what they care about .no appreciation for your work and recognition for your efforts .sick atmosphere to work in from work load and stress
Pros
Cannot find any
Cons
Treating workers as salves
Company exploit relationship within own communities. Unprofessional in every aspect (known the owner go to family members to get their son to rejoin them after leaving.) Only pay raises are given is when you have another job lined up. No Occupational Maternity, Sick or Paternity pay. Bad holidays. Company has expanded too quickly and it’s the blind leading the blind, no structure. If your face does not fit they will just pay you off.AVOID
Pros
Good office & they have flexi...
Cons
See list above
As a former employee of eg group and left on my health reasons and felt just like a number not person if you want to work for these expect nothing in return for your hard work they promise you a bonus and take it away from you if you don't meet three months of mystery shoppers they value nothing but money you can make for them
Pros
Cons
Long hour on your own
Avoid at all costs, I've had many jobs at terrible company's but this is the worse one by far don't make the same mistake as I did and work here, terrible pay never afford anything and the staff are all lazy af I did all of the work and they put you on the horrible shifts. Also don't get paid overtime so if someone turns up an hour late you don't get paid for the extra hour and you don't get extra pay for working in the holidays.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this job is a con
This job is fine if you want something part time and don’t want to progress. As you become a supervisor and progress the pressure is so much and you’re expected to cover shifts up to 60 hours a week. They don’t care about giving you a break on shift or 11 hours rest between shifts. You can finish at 9pm and be expected back at 5am. There’s no incentives to upsell or hit targets. You get the same pay rate even working bank holidays and Christmas / new year. They don’t care about your personal life and expect you to be able to respond at all hours and to come into work at a minutes notice. The only good thing is that it’s quite easy to be promoted to supervisor as they’re always desperate for staff and you can feel secure in your job because they’re so painfully understaffed. You receive 16 hours training to learn everything then get thrown in at the deep end which places pressure on other members of staff too.
Pros
Easy progression
Cons
Literally everything else
At the site i worked at there was only 8 of us, one manager one supervisor and the rest cashiers. 50% of the cashiers where so unreliable which made it not a nice place to work, everyone there is lazy and the pay is not fair. i was training to be supervisor and they said it would be a few months then i would be trained but because everyone kept calling in sick or just not turning up for the shift i never got that training and i got blamed for it. If you want a social life i do not recommend working here. It destroyed my mental health to the point i would cry and be scared going into work!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, unreliable staff
Dog eat dog company. No focus on employee welfare or training... Strategy seems to be ‘Get tasks done and if they don’t everyone plays the blame game’
Pros
Prayer Facilities
Cons
Will be overworked and underpaid, no training or educational support, progression is on a who-you-know basis, internal politics, Gujarati spoken around office
The hours and shift patterns change on a regular basis so it is hard to actually have a life. The manager is rude and unprofessional and sends inappropriate messages in group charts citing "you do as I say or else" and has a basic lack of management skills.Area managers use bullying tactics on staff such as threatening to dismiss you if you do not comply with their rota that is only issued 1 day before you are due on shift which can prove difficult with child care. The manager and supervisor are always on shift together which leaves junior members of staff on shift late at night and on weekends.There are favourite's within the team and these people are given the nicer shifts.
I worked for Euro Garages for 13 months in one of the Starbucks Stores. Never in my time on earth have I ever had to work for such a disgusting company. Say goodbye to your life outside of work, say goodbye to your friends, family and overall human rights. If for some reason you are desperate enough to work for this company allow me to explain off the top of my head what to expect. 1. NO BREAKS. From the moment you begin working for this company be prepared to work 8+ hour shifts with very little and quite commonly no breaks at all. 2. UNDERSTAFFED. Be prepared to work understaffed on every single shift you are granted due to the pure greed of the company. They often made on average £150 every half hour and would still only provide you with a 2 man deployment early morning and late at night. 3. RIDICULOUS POLICIES. Be prepared to throw away hundreds of pounds worth of fresh food and stock every single day; again due to the company’s pure unexplainable greed. Staff are not permitted to consume any food that is supposed to go into the waste. It’s theft apparently. From who? The bin? Are you kidding me? Meanwhile Britain slowly delves into another recession. Wonder why? 4. UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. Prepare yourself to constantly put every piece of energy you have into your work only to be told “that’s wrong”. “You didn’t do that quick enough” , “your drive through time is too high”. “This isn’t clean”. What this company expects the staff to achieve despite being constantly battered by customers from the second you open the store until it closes is ridiculous. Everything - more...
Pros
You’re allowed to breathe now and again
Cons
I worked for this company and was finished nearly a year later for the company not spotting a missing field on my application form. The managers that work in the shop are great but head office staff and area managers are not that good if there having a ruff day you get in the shop
You have to work on your own, no breaks getting paid minimum wage. Get told whilst on your shift that you will have to stay an extra two hours or they don’t tell you and you have to wait for someone to show up. I have started a shift at 2pm and finished at 1:30am before. When you work extra hours (not by choice) sometimes you don’t get paid for it. Completely unprofessional, management have favourites and will choose for them to have choice of shifts. Selected stores received a bonus for working during lockdown, we didn’t even though we were open 24/7.
Pros
Sometimes manager can get someone to cover your shift last minute if you have an emergency
Cons
Long hours, bad pay
Easy to do jobs not very challenging but can get very busy intermittently,Pay rate is reasonable and great opportunity to improve customer service due to amount of customers
Working 12 hr weekend shifts, they only allow two staff on to save money and then we don’t get breaks but they still take it out of your wage. This has been brought up to my area manager and he said I needed to get on and it wasn’t a problem! They care about money and not the working environment. They make you think you are the problem and you are imagining the problems. I will never work at a euro garages again and wouldn’t recommend to anyone!
Pros
Cons
Long hours no breaks
Working for the brand itself is fine, learning how to make the drinks, reheat food and deal with customers is a breeze. Luckily I'm based in a store where all of my colleagues are so welcoming and supportive. But, it's the higher management in the company that own this particular branch that are the issue.Telling your staff that you're furloughing them before checking wether or not they're eligible for furlough, to then tell them a week later that they can't get it and they could have been in work is just sly. I'm now without a weeks wage due to the carelessness of management.
Pros
Free drinks on shift, flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
If you want managers with no management skills, a company that doesn’t know it’s own guidelines and rules, constant rota changes and no respect or support from any managers (including area and regional), bullies and rude behaviour from other staff and nothing being done about it, 20 min break on 11.5 hrs shifts, some supervisors closing the shop at 7pm and being back there for 6am, then this is a company for you.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Everything else
  1. Employee reviews