Eurocell

Eurocell Employee Reviews

Only if your face fits

I worked at the Selby branch of recycling. there is new management coming in and out everyday, no one seems to stay long. the office team seem nice but the management haven't got a clue. there are no incentives if you are doing well at your job, and very little gratitude for anything. the basic contract doesn't provide any bonuses, and you can forget length of service meaning anything. No one has been there longer than 5 years, which speaks a lot for a company. You will be given a bigger and bigger workload but with no compensation or support. Head office don't care if you stay or go, and if you choose to leave they will not fight to keep you. you will be just a number to them.

Pros

Great team members

Toxic warning

Unappreciative and unqualified regional management, bullying management culture, no internal promotion prospects for BSMs wishing to progress, H/O warehouse is an unqualified disaster zone leading to massive stock issues, no accountability for anything at H/O but the branches are picked up for every small thing, too few staff in branches leading to them taking no lunches……..that’s just a taster, and might help you to understand why there is such an exodus of staff, and why there are so many vacancies. If you are intent on joining Eurocell then at least go in with your eyes wide open and very few expectations.Advice to Management……Start showing compassion, understanding, appreciation, and perhaps even listen to your staff. Remember, a Company is only as good as it’s staff, and yours are giving you a very clear message…….we’ve had enough, we’re joining the exodus!

Pros

Good salary

Cons

You’re just a number, producing numbers.

Company going bust

The company is going under after new management. The coo has ruined the business and the stock prices are tumbling i joined the company 4 years ago when the business was at an all time high and we had a solid team that make sure we was hitting targets every year.

Pros

They take on anyone

Cons

Management are useless

Brilliant place to work

Best place i have ever worked. Loved every minute of it. Learnt a lot from being there. Suervisor was superb and very helpful. Overtime was there practically everyday.

Pros

Great lads

Cons

Sink or swim evnironment.

To summarise my experience here:-After my induction I was told to shadow two other new starters who had no idea what they were doing as they had no training.-Shadowing included following a picker around with a pallet and placing items on it that they have picked, making boxes, "looking busy", or picking shrink wrap up off the floor.-Training is luck of the draw, you either get it or you don't.-Dangerous at times, people picking on scissor lifts at heights without harnesses, trucks whizzing around corners with no warning that they're coming etc -Not very welcoming to new starters, very much thrown in the deep end with no idea how things work there and quite cliquey. -High staff turnover, the biggest red flag of them all. Staff do not stay long and come and go frequently. They only offer the high salary in an attempt to retain employees, but seriously don't bother.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Disorganised, lack of structure and training for new people, unfriendly environment, dangerous environment

Possibly the worst job I've ever had!

Possible the worst job I've ever had. Your worked to the bone to hit figures and targets for awful pay. If you don't hit targets management above come down on you and have no care for you wellbeing. Management above couldn't care less about you or your thoughts and just create a toxic environment to work in. Anything goes wrong it's your fault and the powers above will take no responsibility for anything. Honestly if your unemployed and this is your only option, STAY UNEMPLOYED!!

Pros

None, absolutely none.

Cons

Pay, benefits, wellbeing

Loved my team, but they were pushed out

Was one of the best places to work, but management was ignored when they brought up the issues of increasing workload with less staff, so they were removed, has gotten worse and worse since the new team were forced in.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Nepotism / scratching backs

Your only a number

Don't do it don't work here no breaks full of hotair broken promises over worked undervalued full on problems from start to finish senior management haven't a clue how the depots workLoads of Good staff have left or leaving No training just tick exercise for everythingA new starter now gets paid more than the more experienced longer serving members to entice them to join eurohellLot of good people at depot level who have worked there backsides of for eurocell during lock down and a kick in the teeth is all they got £100 bonus at Christmas but that went to all below managers in the depots not everyone but the government gave companies £1000 each employee eurocell took back during lockdown could of gave a nice reward as a thank you bonuses are now getting unachievable as there raise target to extortionate amounts just greed greed greedBy the money hungry management

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Nice place to work, long hours but a good laugh

The higher management aren’t very good, they don’t really care for you, but the supervisors take a lot of time with you and make sure you become better! The job overall is nice and the lads are such a good laugh, but the hours are too long so you never have time for yourself.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Long hours, and poor management

Stay away (Do yourself a favour)

If you like a negative and toxic environment then this is the place for you! Over worked under paid while management sit on there backsides ordering you about. They have there main driver so you'll only deliver the left overs if your lucky!. They use a very outdated computer system which is a nightmare, you work a Saturday and told you get to leave half-day the following week (if your lucky) favouritism to certain staff which makes it very difficult to focus and do your job knowing the favourites get a easy day every day. Working in the cold warehouse through the snowy period was a horrible experience with the shutters wide open and management in the warm cosy office drinking a nice warm cuppa😤 No proper training offered just left to it.You run around like a headless chicken and will never hear a thanks/thank you.

Pros

Ummm I'll get back to you.....

Cons

Over worked

Very poor company only interested in profit and not staff

If your face fits you will get promotions quickly. I had to train my own manger to show him how to do his job and still I got refused promotion as my face didn't fit and they only pick up on the mistakes that happen and not reconised for you hard work.

Pros

Great bunch of staff and branch level

Cons

Poor area managers who don't care about staff welfare

25 March 2021
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Really sorry to hear about your time at Eurocell. I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more depth regarding the content of the review, in order that I can understand and investigate your claims further.Please could you contact me on recruitment@eurocell.co.uk and let me know the best day / time / number for me to call you.Thank you.

Great Place to Work!

I couldn't wish to work with a more supportive and collaborative group of people, they always have time to answer questions. Where I had skill gaps, training was provided really quickly and I feel my skills have been improved greatly. I am really happy that my opinions and ideas are valued by my manager and peers. I know that I can rely on support from my manager and team. Hoping for a long and rewarding career here!

Pros

Work Conditions, Management, work/life balance

Cons

None!

22 March 2021
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Our company is growing rapidly and we recognise the importance of team support, training and development.We value our employees and their ideas and opinions and it is great to hear you can approach the team with these. We wish you a long and successful career here! Thank you once again.

Great place to workFast pace Not stresss fulll B*******************bhgggggshdjjdudylslyyshduldpdlydydhdigivicicuddududududififififif

Pros

Good job

Cons

Fast pace

22 March 2021
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Our company is growing rapidly and we understand the fast paced environment.

Worse place to work

Eurocell are the worst Company to work for I have never worked for a more rubbish company in all my life. The managers always say get on with it yourself you should know what your doing, we are too busy to help you do it yourself. You never get your breaks as stated and always work later the time stated and never get anything in return for for it. The higher up managers look down at you, and the sales managers treat you like absolute dirt, I hope this business goes down under as that is what they would deserve, they don't take employees thoughts or considerations into account. If you have a family issue that say deal with it when you finish work and dont let it affect work you have to walk out and tell them you are going as family is more important what a joke

22 March 2021
Thank you for your review; I am sorry to hear about your time here with Eurocell.I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more depth regarding the content of the review in order that I can understand and investigate your claims further.If you could please contact us in the first instance, I would be most grateful. recruitment@eurocell.co.uk

Still here and still happy

Great company to work for, I've been here over 4 years now. Started off as a supervisor, worked my way up to Branch Manager and I am now an Area Sales Manager. I've always had good regional managers who have given me support, I've been left alone to run my own branch and thrive in doing so. As long as you do what is needed of you then there isn't any problems! Would be nice to have a little more control with staff and holidays etc. Salary isn't the best but overall a great company to work for!

Pros

Left to your own devices to thrive

Cons

Salary

22 March 2021
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Our company is growing rapidly and we recognise the importance of team support, training, and development.We love to hear about progression within our business and regularly promote this. We wish you a long and successful career here! Thank you once again.

stay away from EUROHELL

worst company over my 30 year work experience. i wish i had listened and looked into the reviews properly. extremely high turn over with you constantly being blamed for anything that goes wrong which does every day. read other reviews and you will see...

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything about this company is like a bad operating system with a good screen saver

5 January 2021
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more depth regarding the content of the review, in order that I can understand and investigate your claims further.

Great team to work with

A typical day starts with sorting the orders for delivery of which I share this task with another colleague, then out to deliver the goods. When not delivering I help out serving customers and building a good rapport with the regular faces, tidy round the branch and stock up the trade counter. The people I work with have really helped me learn the products even if I ask them over and over what the part codes are but they have been really good with me. The working day can be very hectic and busy so you grab a drink/break/sandwich when you can but that is not a problem as I have worked in this sort of environment previously. The hardest part of the job would have to be the computer system, it is making easy tasks very hard due to not being clear what you need to do exactly but I suppose this will become easier the more I use it. Yes you do every other Saturday but get to go home a little earlier on the Friday to compensate. The most enjoyable part of the day is probably all of it, working with a good team and meeting the customers

Pros

Always something to do

Cons

Complicated computer system

5 January 2021
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Our company is growing rapidly and we recognise the importance of team support, training, and development.We wish you a long and successful career here! Thank you once again.

5 January 2021
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Our company is growing rapidly and we recognise the importance of team support, training, and development, and I'm grateful to hear that we are providing you with as much support as you require.We wish you a long and successful career here! Thank you once again.

A good step in the ladder

Very mixed feelings writing this...First of all, unless you know/work for the right person then the pay is very poor. There is a lot to learn working for Eurocell and people have been there a long time, but those are the people who worked for them before they became a PLC and got their foot in the door. Anybody starting now has to know the right person the get a good salary/role. Depending on the department then working relationships are great, although this too can be an insight as to how inconsistent the pay is as somebody recruited a month ago can come in on more money than someone who has been there 7 years. Overall a positive experience as mentioned above there is so much to learn and so much to put on a CV, but to get to the top nowadays it’s very much a “who you know” set up.

Pros

Large company, a lot to learn, friendships

Cons

Pay, feeling like a drop in the ocean

One of the best places I’ve worked!

Leaving Eurocell was a massive mistake on my behalf, I enjoyed the job there, the area manager was a bit of a jobs worth but there is one everywhere you go. The people who worked in my store were really good helpful people and even now I am in contact with my old manager. I hadn’t worked in the building industry before so I leaned everything at Eurocell. I would go back there in an instance.

Pros

Take good care of there staff, easy to communicate with the higher up people

5 January 2021
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it.Our company is growing rapidly and we recognise the importance change management. Glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us.Thank you once again.

Joke of a company

DONT APPLY FOR THIS JOB!! I took a job at Euro cell, compromising my furlough at my original job and they completely lied about everything to do with the job. Now I am unemployed and have to struggle until my work can take me back. They tell you will get training, someone will help you then you can shadow them and help you to learn the business. It's a lie, they just throw you in front of a computer and tell you learn it all. They tell you, you will get bonuses most months. Another lie the store never gets bonuses. They tell you, you will be driving a van all the time. Also a lie, they have a driver, you will only be driving when he is off or on holiday. Managers from other stores come down and "help" you when all they do is talk about girls and talk to their friends on the phone. They say you will be busy all the time in every department. It's a lie they just need someone to sort their mess of a warehouse and answer the phone. Take this job if you love to be lied too, do everyone else's dirty work and can stand losers talking girls all day.

23 September 2020
Thank you for your review; I am sorry to hear about your time here with Eurocell.I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more depth regarding the content of the review in order that I can understand and investigate your claims further.If you could please contact me via email recruitment@eurocell.co.uk in the first instance, I would be most grateful.

Awful place to work

awful place to work. Management dont care about problems or issues. A simple get on with it and shut up attitude although things can't be solved with people above doing their job. You'll work all the hours in the day for rubbish wages. Get promised bonuses that are completely unachievable. Its just an awful place to work and a very badly run business.

Pros

Handing in your resignation

Cons

All of it

23 September 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurocell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6