Eurochange

United Kingdom129 reviews

toiletbranchtargetbonuswagemistakequietmoney

Engaging workplace

Featured review

Eurochange selected this as a representative review
Very engaging work place. The style of work makes the time during your shift fly by. It is not as friendly as maybe working in other retail jobs because of the serious nature about security risks when handling large sums of money. You definitely need to be a bit more disciplined when doing this job. Otherwise its easy to make mistakes during cash transactions which comes out of your payslip at the end of the month.

Pros

best currency rates for you and family

Cons

small workspaces

Official response from Eurochange

7 October 2019
Thank you for leaving your review. We are delighted that you found the workplace engaging and that your shifts flew by! I hope the training provided to you when you joined the business helped you to learn all aspects of the role and that you were well supported by your Area Manager in your time with us. If you have any further feedback you would like to share with us about working with eurochange, please email hrfeedback@eurochange.co.uk.

Not good but not bad

If you like sitting in a glass box all day then it's the job for you.My manager was awful and not helpfulMoney is decent compared to other places to be honest

Pros

Money

Cons

Lonley

Insights into Eurochange

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Okay but stressful

Okay work, paid well, stressful as there are tons of procedures to learn for handling large sums of cash, rates aren’t all too competitive and never heard of any major employee benefits

A decent place to work

A decent place to work, it’s challenging but at the same time enjoyable. The area you work with is always helpful and management are a phone call away if help is needed.

Pros

Get looked after

Cons

Fast paced and never boring

Great job with progression opportunities if that’s something your interested in with great management and support , online and on the phone , also all training is paid at full wage

Pros

Good pay and great management and support team

Cons

Retail is retail …

Avoid

Worst place I’ve ever worked. Those who shout loudest get to do what they want. Poor management. No life work balance. Poor leadership. So many people left in the short time I was there!

Pros

Cons

Staff shortages, bullying, no people skills from management

Well paid but absolutely poor and manipulative managers communication.

During my work with Eurochange I have experienced the worst attitude as an employee in my working career. Ignorance, pressure and lack of communication made me stressed and ill. However people from HO were really helpful and friendly. Please, think twice when applying. The pressure is very high and their chronic lack of staff can affect your motivation. Unfortunately, poor management damages Company’s reputation as it’s an interesting job.

Great place to work with great people

No 2 days ever the same recently quite stretched as under staffed so can be stressful On a busy day it’s really busy Great team and management Breaks are a bit of an issue as constantly interrupted Lots of responsibility for the money !

Pros

Great people

Cons

Quite stressful

competitive salary

I loved to work at Eurochange.I got the necessary training and support through my work. Very supportive team, and they also give you bonus, which is a very good thing.

Pros

bonus payment

Cons

sometimes it gets busy but it's normal

Avoid at all costs

Just like it says, avoid. Terrible place to work, unhelpful management pushing you to sell more products to customers thar openly state they do not want them.

Rewarding job in a fantastic team

Great place to work with support when needed. always room to grow and progression available for those who strive for greater things.management will help you achieve your goals should you wish it.

Pros

Local offices Friendly support teams

Cons

Can become stressful during peak season (nature of the industry more than the role itself)

you will get depression and anxiety

don't apply don't do it. not flexible unrealistic targets. you are alone 80% . should be getting more for the responsibilities you have to do. always looking over your should.

Pros

nothing

Losing the eurochange values

The company has some great people within it and that's really what makes it worthwhile, is meeting so many different people. As your working group is small, you make some real quality friendships. This job has built me into a strong individual and I feel able to tackle a lot in my new employment.Unfortunately, the company has taken a hit due to covid and now there seems to be panic pushing from above to focus on all these other products. No real prospects of moving within the company now if you make a stand against anything. If you have an opinion...Best to keep it to yourself.

Pros

People you work with in the company. Regular friendly customers. Great working hours due to covid.

Cons

Lack of toilet take its toll when single manned daily, Losing the original ethos of the company, Staff feel forgotten and alone, Originally employed for travel money, not all the other stuff that your now pressured to mention, Pay has long not matched responsibility.

Under paid and under valued

Pay is awful for the abuse you receive from customers and the responsibilities you have.No perks. No benefits. Unrealistic targets. No chance to progress within the company... and was pre covid.. post covid is just as bad if not worse.

Pros

Slightly improved rate on currency

Cons

Working alone, rude customers, no help from operations, bad pay, boring days, unrealistic targets... the list is never ending.

Fun but occasionally challenging

Management are very approachable and accommodating if you have any issues, great team banter on the work what's app group where we cheer each other on and during this very difficult time of covid very supportive for both physical and mental wellbeing. Every day you get to meet interesting people and find out about their holiday plans all round good place to be

Nice place to work

A good company too work for good rates of pay . Understanding when problems arise . Clean and tidy workplace . Only left due to the covid outbreak. Just constantly go on about hitting target even when no customer are coming in store.

Pros

Good company

Cons

Target constanly moaning about hitting them

Good benefits

If you can do well on sales you can get some great pay benefits and great bonuses, staff are generally great to work with but not always likely to have anybody working with you

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Speradic work loads

Loved my job

I really loved my job at Eurochange. It was challenging at times, but I love a challenge. My manager and senior was great and always willing to help when it was needed. Nothing was too much for them. You do have to work on your own at times and can be lonely but this is one of the few cons. I hope to work for them again in the future

Pros

Excellent management and senior.

Cons

No on site toilet. Lone working at times

Stay away.

Constantly spied on CCTV to see if your doing your job, it’s like being in prison. They have no trust in their employees and it shows. You basically run the shop and are a key holder FOR MINIMUM WAGE!! Audit is extremity strict and mark you down for stupid things. Prepare to be scrutinised. You are expected to sell/do about 7 things to one customer per transaction. The company need to seriously back off their employees, it’s draining. Everything you do it being checked on. The company has so many policies and procedures it’s beyond a joke. If you don’t follow all these you will be called out. They have stupid targets expected of staff, don’t expect someone to just come in for some travel money have a quick convo and leave... you have to hard sell so much stuff onto them. a lot of abuse from non English speaking customers.

Cons

Fun place to work great staff growing business

Eurochange is a very professional business with lots of different things to learn about. Before the pandemic it was a very fast paced environment. customers are great and staff get you through your days when quiet. But when everything changed due to the pandemic different management took over and it all went downhill. Lone working was OK before but not when your not seeing a soul in 6 hours, they say the company cares about mental health and gives support..... lie this is why I left been a key holder and taking responsibility of the shop as we only had area managers made us more in charge.... for minimum wage.... they expect to sell all products and not to moan or get threatened saying there's long ques at the job centre! .... pay peanuts your going to get monkey's. To say ive been there over 2 years and had no issues with management till it changed in summer 2019 when a different person became manager who's un professional they slag cashiers off behind there back which I have proof and then when you stand up for yourself and ask for support you get ignored. No wounder the turn over in staff are shocking. I gave my all to my job but in the past year I've received nothing back. Like the saying goes your just another number to them... but this wasn't the case when I first started.

Pros

Good staff fast paced 50p bonus

Cons

Un professional management under paid for responsibilitys

Greta place to work, yes you have bad days but like every job is the same, there is no longer a staff card so you’d itn have to pay anything for mistakes there are targets but they are pretty easy to get to, manager always happy to help, only downside I can really think of is the breaks are only 20 minuets long that’s all.

Pros

Manager, friendly staff, fun place to work, learn new things

Cons

Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurochange. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Eurochange with

Learn about Eurochange in popular locations

• Eurochange