Eurofins

Eurofins Employee Reviews

I previously worked for Eurofins doing the registration of items to producing agars and sorting raw from fresh items.They placed me, a new untrained employee, at the start of production, resulting in delays and my quick dismissal due. They also had me doing other specific jobs without training me, instead asking other employees to do so, which delayed them in their tasks.I have no axe to grind, but the management couldn’t organise a number chart properly. Nice staff but bad working environment
Pros
Free lunches, extra break time, overtime
Cons
Poorly organised production line, too many products for too few staff to process, bad and demanding management
Unfriendly environment. No career development. No management support. Off sure parking for new staff but not told until you start. 80% unapproachable. Complaints ignored
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor management
Probably the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Expected staff to work a skilled job for minimum wage, work extremely hard with long hours, not much break. I struggle to find any positives of working here except the staff who were lovely. Management sat upstairs demanding numbers and acting completely bewildered when they didn’t get them without walking downstairs a few feet to realise they had no stock and not enough staff. Staff would stay behind, do overtime and overall work their hardest to do well and get absolutely nothing in return. A shambles.
Pros
Leaving.
Cons
Almost everything.
Management never fix problems , empty promises of pay progression in the micro department. Increased amount of work load to incomplete with fewer and fewer staff only saving grace us that the people are fun to work with
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, increasing work load
No care given to staff expect high work loads paying minimum wage.Use the job as a stepping stone and get out of thereUnsocialable hours including weekend work for no more money
Cons
Over worked for little money
I actually quite enjoyed my time there: I had two stints working there. The management is harsh but fair. Would recommend this company to work for if you have a 'work hard & play hard' mentality. No tolerance for shirkers!
Unable to comment due to contract and at the moment under consultation due to redundancy of the chemistry department which I was part of. I also do not wish to slander or denounce a company that I was a part of for so many years.
A stressful working environment with poor leadership and a lack of understanding from senior management. Poor computer systems caused additional pressures on staff.
Absolutely loved my job and the people there. Very busy Reception. Great people to work with and a cheerful atmosphere. I would definitely work there again.
Turn up and do what's asked of you and you'll be fine. Obviously they expect you to do the workload of two people and also work twice as fast for peanuts!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eurofins?
Spoken down to on a daily basis from senior staff and other employees in the Lab. Respect has no meaning in this Lab and proper training is never given. Working environment is very toxic and gossiping, bullying, and the disgusting way certain staff members are treated is shocking. Unless you are extremely close to senior staff and the click they have going on you most likely won’t fit in. Courtesy doesn’t cost a thing and clearly doesn’t exist in this Lab.
Team work is key here and the team leaders manage that brilliantly, work can be fast paced but there is always someone available to give you a hand. Feels more like a family unit than a place of work.
Do not work here if you don't want depression. The company is sly and will bend over backwards to make sure that they can do anything or get away with anything that they shouldn't. Managers are absolutely rubbish, especially in microbiology and path lab. If you are sick even with a sick note which they shouldn't be able to touch you, believe me they will touch you. I learned absolutely nothing from my time here except that if you shag people above you that's the only way up. Gossip is a massive thing here also. Bullying. Discrimination at its finest here. Hardest part of the job was actually walking through the doors.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Everything except free coffee and tea
Very poorly managed site with problems being buried as managers wish to not deal with any aspect in the running and operation of the company. Most staff are young and have gained access through agencies. This leave a school playground mentally amoungst the employees. The senior staff are very clickey which can make advancement difficult
management are great and enjoyed working. There are many opportunities to progress, i would recommend a friend .............................................
This job is for the university graduate who needs their two years experience before moving on. It can provide marketable skills at the cost of your health and social life. My colleagues are angels, upper management less so. They would gladly squeeze your soul from you if they thought it would help them pin down that bottom line. The shifts leave no time for any sort of work life balance and annual leave is difficult to get off. The customers won't hesitate to demand more of you than you are contracted to give (working extra hours, returning to work the next day before your mandatory 11 hour rest period) and the bosses will not be on your side or even be around to help because managers don't work weekends. My personal plan was to get in, load up on the lab skills and get out again. With some strategic planning I have successfully obtained a large repertoire of desirable skills including transferable laboratory skills, customer liaison (n.b. see above) and teamwork. The level of the work is challenging and with a better focus on staff welfare this could even be an enjoyable job. Sadly I would bet my salary that will never happen. The majority of the team is young - 20 to 30 y/o - and staff turnover is very high. The enjoyable part of working here is the fantastic team and colleagues I get to collaborate with every day. Their genuine care for the work we undertake is reflected in the strength of our teamwork and unerring attention to detail. Personal integrity amongst the staff is extremely high. We also have occasional cinema outings after work too.
Creio que é uma boa empresa, mais a parte de gerencia precisava rever sua posição perante a empresa.
Morale is quite low. Examiners are constantly told in huddles that they are not doing enough work but feedback is not given to tell staff where they stand in relation to targets or how they can improve. Promotions and further training are not given out fairly. e.g. some people had to go through interviews with tests and presentations to get promotions/further training whereas others were automatically promoted due to 'business need'. Middle management are quite negative and openly complain in the office about staff. There is a blame culture among some staff and they are not pulled up on this by management. It's such a shame as there are some amazing people here and the job itself is fantastic.
Pros
the job itself
Cons
Not enough office space, middle management
Total waste of time and life, was working many years without pay rise ,(minimum pay) unapprochable managers who dont care. No sick pay. Bad working hours.
The job is okay for a short time, but would not advise staying longer than a year. Management is terrible, seemed to get worse over time. There was no communication between management and there seems to be alot of empty promises and no benefits. They claim you can progress easily through the company, which you can't and there's an abundance of training, which there isn't.
Typical day was spent sampling food fast paced and demanding, management were not greatly supportive wanting the results yesterday and not giving time to do best job. Understand everyone is under pressure in these roles but courtesy costs nothing and so ultimately not for me.
  1. Employee reviews