Everest

Everest Employee Reviews

I learnt a lot in my time at Everest. The environment could have been nicer, but there was good support from the top. A typical day was very stressful but I still would say I had an overall pleasant experience.
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It's positive to see that you overall had a positive experience, even with the challenges of your role.
It started off as an exciting opportunity with prospects. It ended up being a company who just take with very little reward. Bonuses earnt were witheld until the wound up the company and became Everest 2020 and then claimed they didn't owe it. The way customers are treated is atrocious.On the plus side, the depot staff are brilliant to work with, just a shame about senior management and directors.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no appreciation
Working at Everest you get a chance to experience the full range of a company, collaborative working is something expected and the management are fully supportive of new ideas and challenging the norm.
Pros
Work out put and people
4 February 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see that you enjoy working at Everest and are supported well within your role. Wishing you every success in your future career with us.
In a really challenging time, the Board and the SMT are continually reviewing and working to make sure they are getting everything right for the employees and the company.Working remotely is not without it's challenges but people are constantly connected via Teams and calls, making sure nobody feels alone.There are so many different types of people and personalities within Everest 2020, making every day interesting.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Cannot think of any at the moment.
4 February 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's great to see you are enjoying your role and are able to feel supported at this challenging time. Wishing you all the best in your career with us.
Poor management who don’t care for employees unless your related to one of them,money driven management who also don’t care about how they treat their customers Heavily in debt due to in experienced fitters & staff
Pros
Cons
Fictitious company
4 February 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review, from where you were based, I can see this review relates to Everest Ltd. If you had any issues with line management, I hope you were able to escalate this at the time. Everest places huge importance on delivering the best quality customer service. Wishing you all the best.
Really enjoy working at Everest. The management is really supportive and I have great colleagues I work with . Lots of changes happening but all seem really positive, with new ways of working. Adapted well to everything happening due to Covid. Would recommend.
Pros
Great people
Cons
changes to adapt to
25 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's great to see you are enjoying your role. We wish you all the best in your future career with us.
Extremely bizarre place to work, micromanaged to the extreme with some of the worst boot lickers to management I have ever seen in my life. Staff members having regular tantrums and threatening violence at one point to be rewarded with a shoulder massage in the stationary room by a team leader. Very hard to take the office or job seriously so the days could be a laugh. One team leader hid forks from her staff members at lunch time and would single out certain people and intensely scrutinise their work which looking at it looked alot like bully tactics, definitely need a management course this woman should not be a team leader! Ok if you have lost a job or need something fast but too many woman in there have been there for years and think they are saving the world one window at a time it’s hilarious as an outsider walking in
Pros
Some genuinely great people, free parking, days are hilarious
Cons
Everything else
21 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Everest Ltd. While working at the business I hope that you were able to raise any concerns regarding behavior to senior management, so that they could be investigated further.
During my earlier years it was a fun productive place to work. The latter years have now produced furlough and then redundancy. I was given 1 consultation and then after advised Everest Limited was no longer trading. They then opened up as Everest 2020 but removed the business side and only had the warehouse at our branch. The colleagues who were made redundant were treated terribly. This is why I cannot give a favourable review. I loved working with the people but the company was not somewhere I would want to work again
Pros
People and management were lovely
Cons
Company itself did not care about its stafff at the end before redundancy
21 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. 2020 was a challenging year for many businesses and brought about significant changes. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
These are known in the industry for scamming the elderly public ( I over heard sales bragging about ripping elderly off ) . Wages are always wrong and hard to rectify
15 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. If you did hear comments, such as you have described, these should have been escalated to senior management at the time, as are unacceptable and would have needed to be investigated internally.
Never in my working life have I witnessed such apalling treatment of staff. Kept in dark, lied to and left owed considerable amount of wages and expenses etc.
Pros
Cons
They've gone bust
15 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It's disappointing to see you have a negative experience working for the business. I hope you have now been able to resolve any outstanding queries regarding wages.
Some good lads then others who have constantly taken the mick for years , total mis management for years and lately to the point that management lied to the work force about going into administration, didnt pay our pensions even tho the money was taken from our wages ,same as union fees !! A company with no morals or regard for there employee's.
15 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. Unfortunately it was a challenging year in 2020 for many businesses. Regarding your comments on pensions - all funds were paid, and those affected by redundancy would have been communicated with at the time. We wish you well for the future.
They made me and my colleagues redundant and said we would be paid only to find out that we are not The people are great to get on with was like a family but management and higher are deceiving.
Pros
Good colleagues and the actual work are good
Cons
Company bad repution with what they have done and trying to stRt new company with the old customer
Went into administration and opened up next day with different name, 250 redundant with no pay off, customers left with no warranty and suppliers debts not paid.
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. Unfortunately 2020 was a challenging time and anyone made redundant would have been contacted directly, in regards to their particular circumstances. Previous customers will be made aware of the options available to them. Many companies have had to adapt and change ways of working during these unprecedented times.
Take everything give nothing back. Treat staff terribly. No support just constant negativity from management. Not about customer service like they getting in as much money as possible. as they can
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Horrible management
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It's disappointing to see you did not have a positive experience working for the company. Everest prides itself on delivering a high level of customer service.
Would be unprofessional for me to do so. I spent an overall of 15 years with Everest and, as with all jobs, there were ups and downs. Both good and bad experiences.
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd.
I have had 14 good years working for this company but due to covid 19 unfortunately redundancies were placed upon us and unfortunately I became one of them . I have had no issues working for Everest and they have been a fantastic company to work for . Work conditions have always been excellent .
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It is great to see you had a really positive experience while working for the company. Wishing you all the best.
Working for Everest has changed a lot over the years, the company is driven by sales, these are high pressure sales and high value, customers are sold the best and expect it, the pressure of hitting targets means constant focus is switching between cash flow and quality. Its a hard culture to work in, but some great people there, the operational side of business are especially great to work with, just don't expect a 9-5 job if you work at Everest.
If you want a job we’re it’s costs you to work for a company that loves to get you driving in your own car at your own expense, chasing sales leads that come to nothing as it seems they were told over the phone you could double glaze there house for 5K then this is the job for you if you like been lied to and ripped off then I fully recommend them Oh one thing they collected my laptop and printer bac in February saying I would get my £250 deposit back , it’s now may and I’m still wait for MY money
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's disappointing that you had a negative experience with Everest Ltd. I hope you were able to escalate your complaint to your manager and it was rectified.
They expect you to do a 2 man job when busy the stores manager just sits there watching others struggle with window frames or doors then as a go for not waiting for him to help you but you ask him 20 mins ago for help
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. Hopefully you raised any issues, such as what you mentioned, with senior management at the time.
Long hours for no reward - no help with structure- no team working - managers change regularly - no team working - false promises - no support - long hours
great company to work for with decent salary and benefits, work place culture is nice and the people are friendly, would recommend to anyone and would gladly work with them again.
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see what a positive experience you are having at work.
  1. Employee reviews