Everest
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Everest Employee Reviews

Overall a brilliant company

Good work-life balance. Lots of good people to work with. Poor senior management . Always on the edge of closure. In June 2020 entered Administration.

Terrible

Terrible company to work for. Bad managers and low pay. Oh that's if you get paid.Health and safety when it suits them.All they care about is chucking the windows in to get the chequeCustomer care is terrible too

Insights into Everest

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Love working here, Top class management team Friendly fitting teams

I worked here 10 yrs ago left to pursue different career recently returned in April 2021 should never of left still the same old friendly faces there great bunch of lads just knuckle down get your jobs done to a first class standard(FIT THE BEST) communicate with managers and customers and you will have a job for life, love it

A Lifestyle Role

I started working with Everest in 2018 at the business centre in Ayr. To begin with, I wondered how I would adapt to the fast-paced, customer interactive role, but team leaders and management gave me the support and encouragement I needed...and still do to this day. The people I work with; whether in the business centre or remotely are a large contribution to my personal enjoyment of this role. In more recent times with the pandemic and all the challenges the company has faced, they have never lost sight of how important each and every staff member is to the business and this makes me feel like a valued part of it. Whether you are at uni, need a role with fewer hours, want to progress or just want a job that fits your life; if you enjoy helping customers; if you enjoy problem solving; if you enjoy frequent interaction with your colleagues and if you want a bit of a challenge; I would have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone.

Pros

Encouragement; Supportive; Environment; People; Engagement; Busy: Variety

Cons

Busy

Friendly, Relaxed & Professional Environment

I am currently working for the company and find the work very rewarding, you are encouraged to work both on you own initiative and as part of a team but most of all valued for the work you do. I have developed a great relationship with staff in the office and in surrounding installation centres, The Managers are very approachable & supportive especially with the role being fast paced and target driven at times, the role is very well organised with daily planners to ensure the work is manageable and achievable in the time scales given, although it is always busy there is a relaxed but professional atmosphere in the office, both the managers and other members of staff are always available to help or offer support when needed.

Fast paced, challenging, but a great team

This is a fast paced role, but the day goes really fast, which is great. The work can be challenging, but if you enjoy problem solving then this is for you.There is a good team effort to support each other and everyone is very welcoming. The people make it an enjoyable place to work.

Pros

Good team support

Cons

Fast paced, not so easy to get to if you don’t drive

Work for free

AA manager will take all your opportunity to earn. THEY WILL TELL YOU YOU MUST LEARN MORE. You will be sent to leads where no chance to sell. Company trade like in 70' Trainers do not know the market at all.

Pros

Joke

Cons

Long hourse, Wasting time

Worst job

Management a shambles Advertised as administrator job but is actually a call centreTreated like robots Zero staff morale No trainingStuck to a phone all day

Avoid like covid

No help from companyWont pay on time and happy not to pay, if u complain ur told go sell more and no issue, so u do and they find reasons not to pay again Will cost you money and dont ask for help as u will be disappointedOutdated company 4x higher cost than anyone else and most product benefits that stood them apart are gone. Happy for you to work 7 days a week for appauling apps that u cant get in

Pros

None. not a single one left

Cons

U name it

My advice avoid

Absolutely appalling company to work for you are treated purely as a number massively over worked and under payed my advise would be to avoid at all costs.

1 December 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's disappointing to read you had a negative experience while at Everest and your comments will be fed back to the relevant department. We value our staff and would hope any concerns were brought to the attention of your manager at the time to be investigated properly.

Down to earth and supportive

I found that from interview, Everest were very honest in how they portrayed the position. Pulled no punches in their critique of the role but coupled this with a hard-working but relaxed, friendly and supportive environment in reality. Interview through to start date was well communicated throughout with all call backs, feedback and timelines being met. Induction is very much on-the-job and full-on but tailored to pace. Support whether in the office or by Teams is readily available, consistent and builds confidence. Management and team blend very well together and quite seamlessly with a good balance of allowing you to do your job but being on-hand when required. You are never stuck for something to do and therefore days tend to fly. Great bunch of people with which to work.

Pros

Good office environment, well structured hours, approachable management

Cons

Short lunch hour for such a desk-based job

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's nice to see that you have had a positive start to your role and we wish you all the best in your future career with us.

Fast paced, Supportive, Friendly, Good environment to work!

I started with Everest this year having never worked in this sector before. Initially I found it quite daunting changing to a completely new area and initially working remotely, however any concerns or worries I may have had quickly disappeared due to the training and support I received from my line manager and colleagues. Every member of the team made me feel welcome, always checking in and boosting my confidence. The role is fast paced, however very achievable. If extra support is needed the management team are keen to help and support, even with the minor queries. I would recommend the role to anyone who takes pride in their work and likes to help customers get the best possible experience.

Pros

Supportive/ Approachable Managers, supportive colleagues, rewarding, Positive encouragement and feedback from management

Cons

Fast paced but achievable.

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review about working here. It's fantastic to see how supportive your manager and colleagues have been. Wishing you all the best in your career with us.

Good fast-paces work day. Enjoyable if you like problem solving.

I am into this job thinking it would be any other office job, but I couldn't be more wrong. Great job for anyone who enjoys talking and getting to know people and being able to take initiative and come up to solutions to problems that will arise on your own. Never a dull moment and the work day is always fast and enjoyable.

Pros

No late finishes, management very approachable and always make you feel welcome.

Cons

Hard to think of many, its a job. really depends on what you want to get out of it.

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's great to see you are enjoying your role and we wish you all the best in your future career with us.

Modern fast paced workplace.

We have a nice modern head office, and the options to work from home. The pay is not up to local rates. There are no bonuses or incentives at lower levels.The longer you have been employed the less you are thought of by management.

Pros

Free parking, and flexible working from home.

Cons

very poor pay, and communication.

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and it is disappointing to see the negative comments, as Everest really values its members of staff. We would encourage feedback to your line manager on these points. It is nice to see though that there are other aspects of your role you like. Wishing you all the best in your future career with us.

Great people, collaborative approach, opinions are listened to

Everest is a really interesting business with many different aspects to it and lots going on. The people are great, everyone helps each other out and there is interaction with many people throughout the company in addition to your own team. When you are asked for a piece of analysis or an opinion you know it will be seriously considered by senior management. All these things mean you really feel part of the business. It is never boring! Sometimes the amount of work means quite a few extra hours need to be put in.

Pros

Great people, interesting business, feel part of the Everest family

Cons

Back office systems need improvement, work-life balance isn't always great

24 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear about your positive experience with us and that you are enjoying your role. We wish you all the best in your career with us.

No two days are the same

No two days at Everest are the same and it can be challenging at times but the business is heading in the right direction. There are lots of projects going on which means more of the business are collaborating together at all levels, producing high quality work in a fast-paced, enjoyable environment. The people who work here are very friendly and a joy to work with. I have been given the opportunity to develop my skills within my department over the years to further my career with the support of the senior team. I would recommend Everest as a good place to work.

Pros

Friendly people, Career and personal development, Projects to get involved in, Approachable senior team

Cons

Communication is not always 100%

2 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate your feedback and it's great to see you are enjoying working here. We wish you all the best in your future career with us!

Variety with opportunity to learn and great team culture

Everest has been through many changes during my time but one thing that has remained constant is the dedication and passion from my co-workers. Working at Everest is like being part of a family, and during the highs and the lows people support each other. With new management in place, the business is looking forward and is always open to new ideas and feedback regardless of position.

Pros

Variety and opportunity to learn

Cons

Could benefit from a new reward programme

5 October 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your positive feedback and wish you all the best in your career with us.

Hard work ,some good people

Overall I enjoyed my time at Everest but with 29 managers in 30 years you never knew what the next day would bring ,All the Perks had gone & no wage rise for years meant taking redundancy was an easy choice.

Pros

6am-2pm

Cons

Poor organisation

1 October 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. We appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in the future.

Hard work is rewarded

There has been a real cultural shift in the two years that I have worked for Everest. There have been some huge challenges faced as a result of the pandemic but you can feel that the Board of Directors are very open and listen to any feedback about what employees would like to see changed. There have been a lot of changes made for the better including more reward and recognition.

Pros

Management team very open to feedback;

Cons

Very fast paced in some areas

Fun, Relaxing Work Place

Great place to work,! Wirth the pandemic I was worried about returning back to an office environment, however this office has lots of space and Covid measures making you feel safe and comfortable. They offered flexible working from home and the office. Couldn't ask for a better team and management, was amazed when I received a brand new laptop and mobile phone from the company. From the start of the Interview to working here for 3 months, I have nothing bad to say about Everest !!

Pros

The environment

Cons

Travel To Work

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's brilliant to read how much you are enjoying working here and appreciate the precautions in place due to Covid. Wishing you all the best in your career here!

Long days

Lots of driveing,Office girls really helped when you needed in , but office managers didn't want to know. They relied to much on there name instead of quality, if the new company has got rid of the old management, they might have a better chance, jobs could be over a 100 miles plus from home. I wouldn't work there again, they didn't have the decency to inform workers that they went bust.They found out second hand.

Pros

Money

Cons

Long driveing hours

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Everest Ltd. It's disappointing to read that you did not enjoy working at the company. We're pleased you found communication from the office good though and with a service engineer role being a field-based one it will involve travelling to different locations. We wish you all the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Everest with

Learn about Everest in popular locations

• Everest
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?