Everest
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Everest Employee Reviews

United Kingdom165 reviews

Overall a brilliant company

Good work-life balance. Lots of good people to work with. Poor senior management . Always on the edge of closure. In June 2020 entered Administration.

Friendly, Relaxed & Professional Environment

I am currently working for the company and find the work very rewarding, you are encouraged to work both on you own initiative and as part of a team but most of all valued for the work you do. I have developed a great relationship with staff in the office and in surrounding installation centres, The Managers are very approachable & supportive especially with the role being fast paced and target driven at times, the role is very well organised with daily planners to ensure the work is manageable and achievable in the time scales given, although it is always busy there is a relaxed but professional atmosphere in the office, both the managers and other members of staff are always available to help or offer support when needed.

Fast paced, challenging, but a great team

This is a fast paced role, but the day goes really fast, which is great. The work can be challenging, but if you enjoy problem solving then this is for you.There is a good team effort to support each other and everyone is very welcoming. The people make it an enjoyable place to work.

Pros

Good team support

Cons

Fast paced, not so easy to get to if you don’t drive

Work for free

AA manager will take all your opportunity to earn. THEY WILL TELL YOU YOU MUST LEARN MORE. You will be sent to leads where no chance to sell. Company trade like in 70' Trainers do not know the market at all.

Pros

Joke

Cons

Long hourse, Wasting time

Worst job

Management a shambles Advertised as administrator job but is actually a call centreTreated like robots Zero staff morale No trainingStuck to a phone all day

Avoid like covid

No help from companyWont pay on time and happy not to pay, if u complain ur told go sell more and no issue, so u do and they find reasons not to pay again Will cost you money and dont ask for help as u will be disappointedOutdated company 4x higher cost than anyone else and most product benefits that stood them apart are gone. Happy for you to work 7 days a week for appauling apps that u cant get in

Pros

None. not a single one left

Cons

U name it

My advice avoid

Absolutely appalling company to work for you are treated purely as a number massively over worked and under payed my advise would be to avoid at all costs.

1 December 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's disappointing to read you had a negative experience while at Everest and your comments will be fed back to the relevant department. We value our staff and would hope any concerns were brought to the attention of your manager at the time to be investigated properly.

Down to earth and supportive

I found that from interview, Everest were very honest in how they portrayed the position. Pulled no punches in their critique of the role but coupled this with a hard-working but relaxed, friendly and supportive environment in reality. Interview through to start date was well communicated throughout with all call backs, feedback and timelines being met. Induction is very much on-the-job and full-on but tailored to pace. Support whether in the office or by Teams is readily available, consistent and builds confidence. Management and team blend very well together and quite seamlessly with a good balance of allowing you to do your job but being on-hand when required. You are never stuck for something to do and therefore days tend to fly. Great bunch of people with which to work.

Pros

Good office environment, well structured hours, approachable management

Cons

Short lunch hour for such a desk-based job

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's nice to see that you have had a positive start to your role and we wish you all the best in your future career with us.

Fast paced, Supportive, Friendly, Good environment to work!

I started with Everest this year having never worked in this sector before. Initially I found it quite daunting changing to a completely new area and initially working remotely, however any concerns or worries I may have had quickly disappeared due to the training and support I received from my line manager and colleagues. Every member of the team made me feel welcome, always checking in and boosting my confidence. The role is fast paced, however very achievable. If extra support is needed the management team are keen to help and support, even with the minor queries. I would recommend the role to anyone who takes pride in their work and likes to help customers get the best possible experience.

Pros

Supportive/ Approachable Managers, supportive colleagues, rewarding, Positive encouragement and feedback from management

Cons

Fast paced but achievable.

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review about working here. It's fantastic to see how supportive your manager and colleagues have been. Wishing you all the best in your career with us.

Good fast-paces work day. Enjoyable if you like problem solving.

I am into this job thinking it would be any other office job, but I couldn't be more wrong. Great job for anyone who enjoys talking and getting to know people and being able to take initiative and come up to solutions to problems that will arise on your own. Never a dull moment and the work day is always fast and enjoyable.

Pros

No late finishes, management very approachable and always make you feel welcome.

Cons

Hard to think of many, its a job. really depends on what you want to get out of it.

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's great to see you are enjoying your role and we wish you all the best in your future career with us.

Modern fast paced workplace.

We have a nice modern head office, and the options to work from home. The pay is not up to local rates. There are no bonuses or incentives at lower levels.The longer you have been employed the less you are thought of by management.

Pros

Free parking, and flexible working from home.

Cons

very poor pay, and communication.

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and it is disappointing to see the negative comments, as Everest really values its members of staff. We would encourage feedback to your line manager on these points. It is nice to see though that there are other aspects of your role you like. Wishing you all the best in your future career with us.

Great people, collaborative approach, opinions are listened to

Everest is a really interesting business with many different aspects to it and lots going on. The people are great, everyone helps each other out and there is interaction with many people throughout the company in addition to your own team. When you are asked for a piece of analysis or an opinion you know it will be seriously considered by senior management. All these things mean you really feel part of the business. It is never boring! Sometimes the amount of work means quite a few extra hours need to be put in.

Pros

Great people, interesting business, feel part of the Everest family

Cons

Back office systems need improvement, work-life balance isn't always great

24 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear about your positive experience with us and that you are enjoying your role. We wish you all the best in your career with us.

No two days are the same

No two days at Everest are the same and it can be challenging at times but the business is heading in the right direction. There are lots of projects going on which means more of the business are collaborating together at all levels, producing high quality work in a fast-paced, enjoyable environment. The people who work here are very friendly and a joy to work with. I have been given the opportunity to develop my skills within my department over the years to further my career with the support of the senior team. I would recommend Everest as a good place to work.

Pros

Friendly people, Career and personal development, Projects to get involved in, Approachable senior team

Cons

Communication is not always 100%

2 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate your feedback and it's great to see you are enjoying working here. We wish you all the best in your future career with us!

Hard work ,some good people

Overall I enjoyed my time at Everest but with 29 managers in 30 years you never knew what the next day would bring ,All the Perks had gone & no wage rise for years meant taking redundancy was an easy choice.

Pros

6am-2pm

Cons

Poor organisation

1 October 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. We appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in the future.

Fun, Relaxing Work Place

Great place to work,! Wirth the pandemic I was worried about returning back to an office environment, however this office has lots of space and Covid measures making you feel safe and comfortable. They offered flexible working from home and the office. Couldn't ask for a better team and management, was amazed when I received a brand new laptop and mobile phone from the company. From the start of the Interview to working here for 3 months, I have nothing bad to say about Everest !!

Pros

The environment

Cons

Travel To Work

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's brilliant to read how much you are enjoying working here and appreciate the precautions in place due to Covid. Wishing you all the best in your career here!

Long days

Lots of driveing,Office girls really helped when you needed in , but office managers didn't want to know. They relied to much on there name instead of quality, if the new company has got rid of the old management, they might have a better chance, jobs could be over a 100 miles plus from home. I wouldn't work there again, they didn't have the decency to inform workers that they went bust.They found out second hand.

Pros

Money

Cons

Long driveing hours

20 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Everest Ltd. It's disappointing to read that you did not enjoy working at the company. We're pleased you found communication from the office good though and with a service engineer role being a field-based one it will involve travelling to different locations. We wish you all the best.

Good work place

5star good place to work good working hours trust in me friendly, staff became friends happy atmosphere good working conditions happy to back of offered

24 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's brilliant to see you enjoy working here. Wishing you all the best in your career with us.

Exciting place to work making real changes

Working at Everest recently has been really exciting. There are lots of changes taking place and the customer is at the heart of these.It is a very fast-paced, and can be demanding but with great rewards. It feels like great progress is being made and I really enjoy every day being different.

Pros

busy, new head office

Cons

extra hours needed at times

24 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see that you enjoy working here and can see the positive changes taking place. Wishing you all the best in your career with us.

Worst place I have ever worked at.

The Management didn't give a hoot about staff. You are just a number there. You were timed going to the toilet, constantly monitored. I had a fall and fractured my shoulder but still went to work but not one consideration of change to my working environment was given, in fact I was taken in to the office and told that I wasn't dealing with enough telephone complaints even though I could barely move with my arm in a sling. One Friday evening I was dealing with a customer on the phone and apart from the supervisor and the regional manager, I was the only person there. I stayed on an extra ten minutes trying help the customer (unpaid / no time in lieu or overtime at Everest) but when I left and got home, that same regional manager rang me up to say they were letting me go! Why wait until I was home to say it instead of approaching me whilst I was there. I'd like to thank them really, the absolute, utter relief that never had to go back there was overwhelming!And I would never, ever have buy of their products either now.I only gave one star on the questionnaire because had to put something, had there been minuses I would have selected them.

Pros

Zilch, zero, nadda, nothing.

Cons

They treat staff like dirt.

13 July 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. What you have commented on above is not in line with Everest practices and will be raised with local senior management to investigate further. We value our staff highly and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Don't waste your time!!

Absolute worst company to work for. As others have said money never paid on-time and wait weeks for anything. Not enough work to actually make anywhere near the money they advertise, lucky to make minimum wage. Management are an absolute disgrace and offer no help or support whatsoever. Charged the weekly fee for a van even when you don't have one. Customers are treated like absolute rubbish and left in heavy debt for substandard products. There is a reason this company continues to be wound up and reopened under new names.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, Never paid on-time, charged for van when you don't have one, will do anything to take money from you.

15 July 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. These concerns will be raised with local management, as are not representative of how we expect our installers to be treated. Not knowing when you left, I am unsure you were part of some huge positive changes that have taken place this year, with our customers at the heart of everything we are doing. We wish you all the best.

Stressful, demanding and unrewarding

It started off as an exciting opportunity with prospects. It ended up being a company who just take with very little reward. Bonuses earnt were witheld until the wound up the company and became Everest 2020 and then claimed they didn't owe it. The way customers are treated is atrocious.On the plus side, the depot staff are brilliant to work with, just a shame about senior management and directors.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, no appreciation

23 April 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It's disappointing to see that you did not have a positive experience while at the company. Hopefully any concerns you had regarding customers or management were raised at the time so that they could be investigated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Everest with

• Everest
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?