Everest
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Working at Everest in Ayr: 11 Reviews

Ayr11 reviews

Down to earth and supportive

I found that from interview, Everest were very honest in how they portrayed the position. Pulled no punches in their critique of the role but coupled this with a hard-working but relaxed, friendly and supportive environment in reality. Interview through to start date was well communicated throughout with all call backs, feedback and timelines being met. Induction is very much on-the-job and full-on but tailored to pace. Support whether in the office or by Teams is readily available, consistent and builds confidence. Management and team blend very well together and quite seamlessly with a good balance of allowing you to do your job but being on-hand when required. You are never stuck for something to do and therefore days tend to fly. Great bunch of people with which to work.

Pros

Good office environment, well structured hours, approachable management

Cons

Short lunch hour for such a desk-based job

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's nice to see that you have had a positive start to your role and we wish you all the best in your future career with us.

A Lifestyle Role

I started working with Everest in 2018 at the business centre in Ayr. To begin with, I wondered how I would adapt to the fast-paced, customer interactive role, but team leaders and management gave me the support and encouragement I needed...and still do to this day. The people I work with; whether in the business centre or remotely are a large contribution to my personal enjoyment of this role. In more recent times with the pandemic and all the challenges the company has faced, they have never lost sight of how important each and every staff member is to the business and this makes me feel like a valued part of it. Whether you are at uni, need a role with fewer hours, want to progress or just want a job that fits your life; if you enjoy helping customers; if you enjoy problem solving; if you enjoy frequent interaction with your colleagues and if you want a bit of a challenge; I would have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone.

Pros

Encouragement; Supportive; Environment; People; Engagement; Busy: Variety

Cons

Busy

Insights into Everest

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Friendly, Relaxed & Professional Environment

I am currently working for the company and find the work very rewarding, you are encouraged to work both on you own initiative and as part of a team but most of all valued for the work you do. I have developed a great relationship with staff in the office and in surrounding installation centres, The Managers are very approachable & supportive especially with the role being fast paced and target driven at times, the role is very well organised with daily planners to ensure the work is manageable and achievable in the time scales given, although it is always busy there is a relaxed but professional atmosphere in the office, both the managers and other members of staff are always available to help or offer support when needed.

Fast paced, challenging, but a great team

This is a fast paced role, but the day goes really fast, which is great. The work can be challenging, but if you enjoy problem solving then this is for you.There is a good team effort to support each other and everyone is very welcoming. The people make it an enjoyable place to work.

Pros

Good team support

Cons

Fast paced, not so easy to get to if you don’t drive

Fast paced, Supportive, Friendly, Good environment to work!

I started with Everest this year having never worked in this sector before. Initially I found it quite daunting changing to a completely new area and initially working remotely, however any concerns or worries I may have had quickly disappeared due to the training and support I received from my line manager and colleagues. Every member of the team made me feel welcome, always checking in and boosting my confidence. The role is fast paced, however very achievable. If extra support is needed the management team are keen to help and support, even with the minor queries. I would recommend the role to anyone who takes pride in their work and likes to help customers get the best possible experience.

Pros

Supportive/ Approachable Managers, supportive colleagues, rewarding, Positive encouragement and feedback from management

Cons

Fast paced but achievable.

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review about working here. It's fantastic to see how supportive your manager and colleagues have been. Wishing you all the best in your career with us.

Good fast-paces work day. Enjoyable if you like problem solving.

I am into this job thinking it would be any other office job, but I couldn't be more wrong. Great job for anyone who enjoys talking and getting to know people and being able to take initiative and come up to solutions to problems that will arise on your own. Never a dull moment and the work day is always fast and enjoyable.

Pros

No late finishes, management very approachable and always make you feel welcome.

Cons

Hard to think of many, its a job. really depends on what you want to get out of it.

26 November 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's great to see you are enjoying your role and we wish you all the best in your future career with us.

Worst place I have ever worked at.

The Management didn't give a hoot about staff. You are just a number there. You were timed going to the toilet, constantly monitored. I had a fall and fractured my shoulder but still went to work but not one consideration of change to my working environment was given, in fact I was taken in to the office and told that I wasn't dealing with enough telephone complaints even though I could barely move with my arm in a sling. One Friday evening I was dealing with a customer on the phone and apart from the supervisor and the regional manager, I was the only person there. I stayed on an extra ten minutes trying help the customer (unpaid / no time in lieu or overtime at Everest) but when I left and got home, that same regional manager rang me up to say they were letting me go! Why wait until I was home to say it instead of approaching me whilst I was there. I'd like to thank them really, the absolute, utter relief that never had to go back there was overwhelming!And I would never, ever have buy of their products either now.I only gave one star on the questionnaire because had to put something, had there been minuses I would have selected them.

Pros

Zilch, zero, nadda, nothing.

Cons

They treat staff like dirt.

13 July 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. What you have commented on above is not in line with Everest practices and will be raised with local senior management to investigate further. We value our staff highly and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Okay if you’re a student or need a job fast

Extremely bizarre place to work, micromanaged to the extreme with some of the worst boot lickers to management I have ever seen in my life. Staff members having regular tantrums and threatening violence at one point to be rewarded with a shoulder massage in the stationary room by a team leader. Very hard to take the office or job seriously so the days could be a laugh. One team leader hid forks from her staff members at lunch time and would single out certain people and intensely scrutinise their work which looking at it looked alot like bully tactics, definitely need a management course this woman should not be a team leader! Ok if you have lost a job or need something fast but too many woman in there have been there for years and think they are saving the world one window at a time it’s hilarious as an outsider walking in

Pros

Some genuinely great people, free parking, days are hilarious

Cons

Everything else

21 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Everest Ltd. While working at the business I hope that you were able to raise any concerns regarding behavior to senior management, so that they could be investigated further.

Okay job for someone lacking qualifications, it's the people you need to watch out for.

This is a decent job if you don't have qualifications or have just finished uni and want a bit of experience in a professional environment, wouldn't recommend it to a graduate long term but certainly to keep you going after graduation until you find something better. The office I worked in was incredibly bit**y and there was one rule for one member and staff and another for another, depending on whether the manager took a liking to you or not, or whether you were a brown noser who liked to throw your colleagues under the bus. But most of the people were nice, just a few snakes you need to watch out what you say to. The work itself isn't challenging, but you need to have a thick skin and be pretty assertive as some customers can be a-holes, but that's just the nature of working in customer service. No official training, they'll just pick someone who is already doing the job you'll be doing to show you how to do it, it's luck of the draw whether they choose someone who is actually a good teacher and will check you understand or not. Pay is basic but the job is basic so that's fair enough. Overall an alright place to work in terms of the actual job, just unfortunately a few bad apples in terms of colleagues that ruin it and can make it hellish at times.

14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It's great to see that overall you had a positive experience.

Really bad branch management

The office is brilliant to work in, the team leaders and staff are great and really supportive. Hours are great. However, the managers at the branches that let the place down - they don't have to deal with raging customers on the phone so don't seem to care. Hardly ever call customers back which means we get them back on the phone even angrier. Only so much you can do to help as always need to speak to branch managers first who ignore you! Installers/engineers leaving it to the office to tell customers they're not able to make it for whatever reason (usually on the day of appointment!) Very much a sales most important. After sales support useless (no fault of office staff!!) It's a good place to work if you can deal with irate customers day in and out!

Pros

Hours, colleagues

Cons

Poor outside management.

I enjoyed my stay there. Staff were friendly

I had to have surgery and was off for 8 weeks. I was told that they had sufficient staff one week before I was due to go back. I was disappointed as I did a good job but accept the decision.

Pros

Good car parking

Cons

No lifts and no toilets on the floor. No canteen just a microwave and kettle to bring your own food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement