Everest
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Working at Everest in Cuffley: 19 Reviews

Cuffley19 reviews

earnwagerewardcolleaguesaleroleappointmentsell

Fun, challenging and very rewarding

When I first joined Everest in October 2015 I was based within the Web team on a temporary contract.Then a role within the marketing department was advertised and the rest is history. Its an exciting place to work and very rewarding. You are noticed and praised for you efforts. Being able to use your knowledge, understanding and creativity is a big plus in my book. Executing projects to perfection is so rewarding. Management are fantastic, they speak to you with respect and they make you feel welcomed. Listening to the radio in the background also makes the day go quicker.

Pros

You get to use your creative side and challenge your own capabilities.

Cons

Lunch time is only 30mins long.

Hard working friendly fun place to work

Working at Everest you get a chance to experience the full range of a company, collaborative working is something expected and the management are fully supportive of new ideas and challenging the norm.

Pros

Work out put and people

4 February 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see that you enjoy working at Everest and are supported well within your role. Wishing you every success in your future career with us.

Insights into Everest

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Supportive team. Board who are constantly working to make improvements.

In a really challenging time, the Board and the SMT are continually reviewing and working to make sure they are getting everything right for the employees and the company.Working remotely is not without it's challenges but people are constantly connected via Teams and calls, making sure nobody feels alone.There are so many different types of people and personalities within Everest 2020, making every day interesting.

Pros

The people.

Cons

Cannot think of any at the moment.

4 February 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's great to see you are enjoying your role and are able to feel supported at this challenging time. Wishing you all the best in your career with us.

Stressful environment

Fast paced environment management wasn’t Great!!! Back stabbers who are nice to your face and horrible behind your back if your face fits you will be fine stress if you don’t make targets

14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It's disappointing to see you had a negative experience and understand working to targets can be challenging. We wish you all the best.

Everest is a great place to work. The people here are very friendly and supportive. Every day is different and they try to motivate staff in different ways. There is a handy canteen in Head Office and the vision to continue to strive to be the best is positive.

Pros

Friendly staff and supportive working environment

Worst place ever

Iv worked at Everest in the call centre for about 6 months in which Iv been absolutely disgraced with how they treat younger members of staff, unless you are 40+ With a rich other half to support you I would never get a job at Everest. At first the management/bosses are nice they say everything is fair there but this is far from the case, management and bosses in my opinion are only there because of being friends with there bosses for years, the treatment and scrutiny I and another have received I think is disgraceful, being asked to ring Everest customers who have still got thousands and I mean thousands of pounds still owed by Everest for different reasons and having to try get them to take an appointment to then buy more, they pay a basic wage that you can not live off and you only get paid IF it sells but that isn’t even down to you so you can make 30 apt all week do so well and end up with 220 a week or even worse with people being under paid for 3 weeks in a row when they know that person is living on there own at 18 years old but they think it’s okay to under pay 3 weeks in a row and keep saying wel put it on the next week wages an they just keep taking off more which has now resulted in a relapse with mental health for them from they way they have been treated and this is without a doubt the worst place to work they watch how long you can go to the toilet and go make a drink so if you spend more that 5 minutes every 3 hours either getting a drink or going toilet then you will be having a half hour meeting about having to much time of the phone but making you take even -

Pros

It was local

Cons

Management, money, special treatment for being young, bully tactics

A great place to work if your looking for opportunity

I've worked at Everst for just over 2 years and I've loved every day. The company is going through great change and if you want to make a difference then its a great place to be. Management is working very hard to ensure Everest is remains market leader for another 50 years.

Pros

Opportunity to drive and be part of change

Cons

Lack of meeting rooms

Having been with Everest nearly a year it is an excellent place to work. New challenges daily, great people to be around and never a dull moment. Looking forward to being part of the Everest team for a long time to come

Pros

People, good management, challenging

Cons

Parking

Great Place To Work

Having been at the company 12 years I enjoy working for the company. I started the company when leaving school as a stop gap year but 12 years on I am still here and still enjoying my time here just as much as the first day I arrived. I have learned various things throughout the years such as managing teams, understanding business objectives and sales techniques. Even when there are challenging times in the workplace the co-workers are great and I know many people who have been here for 15-20 years. The most enjoyable thing about this job is the people you work with who are all willing to help and pull in the right direction when help is needed.

Pros

Co-Workers

Cons

Parking can be hard at times

Challenging in all the right ways

No job is perfect but this one ticks so many boxes. Nearly at my first anniversary with Everest and I simply love it. Challenging and rewarding in equal measure just how I like it. Lots of bright people with good ideas. Lots of competition for who is best in sales. All backed up by a great brand. No regrets and expect to work here for many years to come.

Pros

Great incentives based on performance

Cons

Can be a little cautious

Head Office

I have worked for Everest for over 7 years. Everest has a friendly atmosphere feel all around the Company and everyone is always willing to help you.

Pros

Friendly Atmosphere

Cons

Not enough hours in the day

excellent oppotunitys

What a fantastic company, relaxed, no hard sales and an absolute pleasure to be involved with, The staff and management are of a very high quality, the products are way above anything else on the market place, and as for potential earnings, (unlimited). Overall, I have been involved in the Home Improvement industry for more than 25 years and by far Everest stands head and shoulders above anything I have experienced.

Pros

unlimited earnings

Cons

occasional evenings

Great place to work. Never a dull day.

There is no typical day at Everest, every day is different with different challenges. I have been with Everest for 13 years in 6 different roles, each change has given me an opportunity to make maximum use of my experience whilst also broadening my exposure to different parts of the business. I know it sounds clichéd but it really is the people that make this business.

Pros

People, canteen, variety

A great brand with great products as well as a good company culture. Good opportunity for career progression with excellent earning potential. I would recommend Everest to everyone.

Pros

Management making changes for the better.

Cons

You have to work hard but there are great rewards for those that do.

Everest is great to work for

I have worked for Everest for almost 13 years and admit it's hard work and each day comes with fresh challenges to overcome. However I have always been supported but also given space to develop and grow and make my own decisions, I work within a small team within Everest and it is a pleasure to come in to work each day. The people at Everest make this a very welcoming company and for those with the right mind set who want to work hard and be recognised for their efforts and rewarded then this is the Company for you, here's to another 13 years.

Pros

Fun supportive environment with opportunity of progression

Cons

Long Hours but hard work is recognised

Challenging yet rewarding

I regularly handle complaints on behalf of the company and see issues through to completion. I managed the Northern & Central areas of the business ensuring quality service throughout.

Pros

Rewarded for efforts

Cons

Some barriers

Terrible Management / No training provided

I was sold the dream in my interview, was advised about the role that I was going for however when I started to work at Everest the work that I was doing was completely different! I had absolutely NO GUIDENCE OR SUPPORT and when I requested training I was told to more or less figure it out myself because "that is how Everest works" staff morele is extremely low and whilst I was and Evest the staff turnover was very high, including even the CEO leaving. Terrible car park if you manage to find a space once you have weaved the monsterous pot holes and not ruined you car! Cateen is NOT subsidised! Bad management who have absolutely zero people skills!!!

Pros

Wage.

Cons

Management. Staff Morele. Overworked. Terrible facilities. Bad IT system

Productive but Pressurised

Great Work colleagues but its a dog eat dog world in that company, progression isn't promised and working conditions are debatable. Very much like being in school the way people are sometimes treated but is overall fun when your working with the right people.

Not a great place to work

Didn't enjoy the work, systems were difficult to use, poor communication within the department and across the business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement