Everest
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Working at Everest in Sittingbourne: 8 Reviews

Sittingbourne8 reviews

Overall a brilliant company

Good work-life balance. Lots of good people to work with. Poor senior management . Always on the edge of closure. In June 2020 entered Administration.

Stressful, demanding and unrewarding

It started off as an exciting opportunity with prospects. It ended up being a company who just take with very little reward. Bonuses earnt were witheld until the wound up the company and became Everest 2020 and then claimed they didn't owe it. The way customers are treated is atrocious.On the plus side, the depot staff are brilliant to work with, just a shame about senior management and directors.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, no appreciation

23 April 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It's disappointing to see that you did not have a positive experience while at the company. Hopefully any concerns you had regarding customers or management were raised at the time so that they could be investigated.

Insights into Everest

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Stressful but worth it for the pay & benefits

I learnt a lot in my time at Everest. The environment could have been nicer, but there was good support from the top. A typical day was very stressful but I still would say I had an overall pleasant experience.

14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It's positive to see that you overall had a positive experience, even with the challenges of your role.

Great company to work for

I would work there again if possible, also great team work and conditions, the area covered was large and took to long to get to customers, most of the installers where of a good standard but some training was required for some.

14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review for Everest Ltd. It's great to see you had a positive experience and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

not nice

I did well at everast ,i left looking to get out of the window game , There are a good company to work for and would use my self if i was going to upgrade the windows and doors .

Avoid Sittingbourne at all cost.

I personally worked as a fitter for Everest. I can honestly say that many if not all of the customers I had visited complained about the terrible customer service. Fit the best. More like fit it eventually. The fitters don’t all give the quality jobs the customers deserve as there is no organisation in any department. Wages are repeatedly not paid properly and therefor there is great tension resulting in sub standard workmanship. The managers barring a few are rude and lack people skills. Staff turn over is high as you getter treated like a number, are expected to work long days with no reward. Money is inconsistent, I could earn over £1000 one week and barely £400 the next some weeks I would receive nothing due to human error. They give you the sails spill at interview about how much everyone earns each week but it’s all lies. Do your self a favour. Go to Anglian, safe style or the job center. Anywhere else but Everest.

Pros

Van

Cons

Everything else

My forever job: not to be!

My role as an operations planning administrator was within a team of 8 fantastic likeminded hardworking girls. We had a dedicated team leader and an extremely supportive manager. We worked 2 shift patterns so either starting at 8am or 10am. I rotated tasks with a colleague so whoever was in early did a certain part of our role and whoever came in on the later shift did the less time sensitive part. We all dealt with customers, colleagues at all levels and we had a fantastic team spirit. I still had a lot to learn only having been in the job for 4 months but unfortunately this was cut short, as due to cost cutting, the whole department has now been made redundant. I am keen to work within this environment again and hope that my next move will be to my forever job.

Customer Service

I answer a high amount of calls from customers.Taking detailed information of their problems so I can input on the service engineers paperwork.Organising and scanning service engineers completed work.Paying engineers daily.Updating complaint reports and meeting dealines to get complaints closed.Liasing with stores to order parts.Have learnt all the different products and parts.My co workers are fun and lovely to work with.Comminicating between to installtion managers is the hardest part of the job as they are based in a different office.I enjoying speaking to all different types of customers and developing relationships between different collegues throughout the business.

Cons

job security, no progression, insentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement