Everest

Fitter20 reviews
United Kingdom20 reviews

earnwagerewardcolleaguesaleroleappointmentsell

Hands on

hardworking firm that is 100% to get the best out of you and your capabilities. Wasn't as such learning from the firm but the person I was assigned to. Assigned to someone who had been working as a window fitter for 25 years and didn't mess around.

Terrible

Terrible company to work for. Bad managers and low pay. Oh that's if you get paid.Health and safety when it suits them.All they care about is chucking the windows in to get the chequeCustomer care is terrible too

Insights into Everest

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

To much travelling

This place is all about management getting the rewards, fitters are treated lower than low. Had a great fitting partner but it broke down due to stress.

– 3 February 2020
Hello and thank you for leaving this review. It’s disappointing to see you felt you were not treated well while working with us. We hope that any concerns were raised with your local management at the time, so that they could be investigated.

Horrible place to work

Disorganised chaos. Horrible management and no respect for customers. Materials came damaged and mangers still expected to fit items just so they could meet they're targets

– 3 February 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. It’s disappointing that you have not had a positive experience Window Fitting for us. I would urge you to raise any issues with line management to senior management locally so that this can be investigated further.

Do not waste your time !

Worked for Everest for 5 months , wages always messed up and given excuses, some jobs never even got paid for. They tell you £500 minimum a week when you start.. rarely ever earnt as much as that. Some weeks more work than others, if you finish the work and they have nothing else booked in for you for the day they say they will pay you for full day when actually they only pay maximum of half a day. Management is awful and very unhelpful constantly taking money out of your wages and giving you excuses even though work is completed and customers were happy. No security in this job .. it’s a worry if you will even get a wage!! Still trying to get my wage for a full weeks work before I left ! Head office are just as unhelpful and trying to keep the money!! ITS A CON, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Pros

Cons

Awful management, Don’t pay you properly, no security

Dreadful company, lies and don’t pay

Never pay correctly, have to work miles away, Windows always wrong, management shambles, always blaming head office why didn’t get paid, worst company I’ve ever worked for, please don’t listen to the lies about wages etc. It won’t happen, they don’t pay. You will work lots of hours for nothing.

Was took out company for no reason and gave no information why or chance to give my side of anything that happened feel like we ad no respect and worked there 7 years plus not treated well at all

Terrible management

Terrible management who don't know how to treat their best fitters. If you a a basic council fitter you will do well here as all the jobs are hand picked for certain teams. Anyone who is considering joining these watch out as the managers ask for a back hand payment in return for the good jobs.please have some self respect and find somewhere else to work. Don't do it

Pros

Cons

13hr days for little money

New forest branch is a disgrace to the proffesion

I honestly don't have the energy to write how incompetent this company is. If you want to believe the bull they sell you at the interview then please carry on and apply but do yourself a favour and just look elsewhere or sign on, you'll be better off. The best bit was after a month of waste of time training I went out with a fitter who cut his frail poles up to use as the bay poles supplied were to short Haha Haha FIT THE BEST 🤦‍♂️

Pros

None working here lol

Cons

I think they are all X cons

be ware

absolute joke do not work for them !!!!!!!! watch out for the no nothing management good look Martin at bury go fitting and learn the job before you call yourself an install manager and learn how to answer your phone

Pros

Cons

no back up management

Absolute joke of a company!

I've returned to everest under false hopes and promises 3 times in the last 4 years! The St Albans branch in particular is so very far beyond a dissorganised joke that it needs shutting down! Management encourage fitters to bodge jobs whenever they havent supplied enouh or correct materials and continuously lie to customers, to which i had the pleasure of having a manager at this property on loud speaker infront of a poor customer they have messed about for nearly 5 months after ripping out a window and the replacement was the wrong size! Aluminum framed windows on a box sash bay will never be fit to be replaced after removal so then ply wooding it over and leaving her for months! They vastly overcharge customers and grossly underpay their fitters! The advertised wage listing is an absolute load of tosh unless you are a team of 2 then you potentially could earn that a week BEFORE TAX if the bolloxed up jobs that they never send u the right materials with actually worked out good! After tax i averaged between 150 and 280 a week there for getting up at 5:30am and getting home at 5-6pm each day. 150,000,000% AVOID THIS COMPANY! I've worked for them all and they are all the sameEverest, Anglian, SAFESTYLE IN STEVANAGE DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE ILLITERATE MORON THAT RUNS THAT PLACE! And I've worked at Job Worth Doing, all are a huge waste of time and money working for! If you want to install windows/doors/roofline go to a private company that pays you day rate! You'll be hundreds a week better off!

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Everything about them is a con

Specific skill development

When working for Everest LTD. Many different challenges and opportunities arise, differential skills are learned and specialist tasks and skills are needed to be completed. Overall it was a good experience working for Everest LTD.

Pros

Lunch breaks whenever

Cons

Undetermined hours

Avoid Sittingbourne at all cost.

I personally worked as a fitter for Everest. I can honestly say that many if not all of the customers I had visited complained about the terrible customer service. Fit the best. More like fit it eventually. The fitters don’t all give the quality jobs the customers deserve as there is no organisation in any department. Wages are repeatedly not paid properly and therefor there is great tension resulting in sub standard workmanship. The managers barring a few are rude and lack people skills. Staff turn over is high as you getter treated like a number, are expected to work long days with no reward. Money is inconsistent, I could earn over £1000 one week and barely £400 the next some weeks I would receive nothing due to human error. They give you the sails spill at interview about how much everyone earns each week but it’s all lies. Do your self a favour. Go to Anglian, safe style or the job center. Anywhere else but Everest.

Pros

Van

Cons

Everything else

quantity over quality

Ever since the share holders got hold of Everest they have declined considerably It is all about quantity not quality A lot of the time fitters from the south west are on less than minimum wage they expect a team of 2 to fit a door for less £30 a day. They say you earn £500-£700 a week I haven’t earned that much for the last couple of years the management is a shambles. When I started at Everest 15 years we were only allowed to fit 3 windows a day for quality now they expect you to fit 6 windows with the same quality. Impossible. You can also spend over 4 hours a day travelling they still expect you to do a 10 hour day and not pay any thing for the travelling. FIT THE BEST EVEREST???????

Pros

Cons

As above

Great company

Great workplace with lots of products to widen my fenestration knowledge long hours but rewarding work with good rates of pay a friendly workplace to be

Pros

Free fuel and consumables

Cons

Good

Great sales team to generate work all employees were in uniform great environment to work in every day was a different challenge but great to be a part of

Shocking

Stay away,, unless you don't mind an average day of 14 hrs and travelling 4 hrs. Money can be gd. But averaged over hrs worked is v poor,, management are not helpful and customers are all screamers as they have been let down several times previous. Do yaself a favour. Keep looking

Avoid

Very very poor management, avoid at all cost. Worst paid job I have ever had. Most fitters are always fighting to get paid, maybe thats why they are always looking for new fitters. Job could be ok if the management had a clue what they where doing. If your happy earning £20 a day go for it.

Pros

nice bunch of fitters apart from the thief

Cons

terrible terrible management. low pay. long hours

Starting and finishing a complete job.

Arrive on job and complete each job assigned to me from boss. I learnt different aspects of the carpentry trade. The manager was friendly . My co workers were of all nationalities which was good. The job was enjoyable as you started and finished jobs.

Pros

Learning new things .

Cons

lots of responsability but not enough money.

excellent in all area's

great ideal job excellent communication skills go to the yard pick up your equipment most enjoyable thing was seeing my customers happy

Pros

fuel card

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Everest with

Learn about Everest in popular locations

• Everest