Everest

Installer8 reviews
United Kingdom8 reviews

earnwagerewardcolleaguesaleroleappointmentsell

Enjoyable work

Unfortunately, not the ideal position. Management/office staff were not great. The money was never paid on time. However, I really enjoyed the challenging work.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, not prepared to pay the overtime

Love working here, Top class management team Friendly fitting teams

I worked here 10 yrs ago left to pursue different career recently returned in April 2021 should never of left still the same old friendly faces there great bunch of lads just knuckle down get your jobs done to a first class standard(FIT THE BEST) communicate with managers and customers and you will have a job for life, love it

Insights into Everest

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Don't waste your time!!

Absolute worst company to work for. As others have said money never paid on-time and wait weeks for anything. Not enough work to actually make anywhere near the money they advertise, lucky to make minimum wage. Management are an absolute disgrace and offer no help or support whatsoever. Charged the weekly fee for a van even when you don't have one. Customers are treated like absolute rubbish and left in heavy debt for substandard products. There is a reason this company continues to be wound up and reopened under new names.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, Never paid on-time, charged for van when you don't have one, will do anything to take money from you.

Official response from Everest

15 July 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. These concerns will be raised with local management, as are not representative of how we expect our installers to be treated. Not knowing when you left, I am unsure you were part of some huge positive changes that have taken place this year, with our customers at the heart of everything we are doing. We wish you all the best.

Dont do it

Long hours and little money min wage at best. The managers get back handers to give the local and best work to certain teams. Pay is never right and the management is a disgrace please avoid if u have any brains.

– 3 February 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s disappointing to see you have had issues with your pay, when we pay very competitively in the marketplace for installers work. If you have had issues with your direct manager in resolving your issue, we would suggest you escalate this further locally, so that we are able to investigate fully.

Dont do it

From wood to UPVC

Everest were very professional in their whole approach to training and their monitoring of works. We were very much part of the bigger team and as a uniformed workforce it felt that you were part of something bigger and better than the competition. We worked as a self employed team of two and mainly dealt with timber framed products as these were very popular at the time. Everest only employed fully qualified carpenters and joiners at that time to maintain a high standard of finish and kick start their own training programme.

Pros

Van and uniform supplied

Cons

Long hours and very specialised / unique methods employed

Everest Installer

Everest Installer since 2009 , I am very happy with my position at Everest and with the level of support I receive from my installation manager, any technical advice is on hand from the Everest Technical trainer that is always available on the phone or to visit site if needed. My tender fees are paid weekly and on time. Great customers who respect your experience. Ability to learn new trades available, I am booked in to train on Garage doors and also GRP roofs next month and looking forward to it. Friendly atmosphere and feels like a family. Smart van, fuel card, all trims/fixings, PPE, uniform/dust sheets/groundsheets and drill bits provided. I have worked for other so called 'leading companies', but Everest is unique, I will be seeing out the rest of my working career here, highly recommended!!

Pros

Consistent work and Good tender fees

more bothered about hitting figures then staff

i have found that theres not much offered by everest in terms of work, the salary is in decline and they do not value the effort and work you put in. I have a great understanding of the job but need more stability then what they can offer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Everest with

Learn about Everest in popular locations

• Everest
  • Installer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?