Everest

Everest Job security & advancement reviews

Would be unprofessional for me to do so. I spent an overall of 15 years with Everest and, as with all jobs, there were ups and downs. Both good and bad experiences.
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd.
Working at Everest you get a chance to experience the full range of a company, collaborative working is something expected and the management are fully supportive of new ideas and challenging the norm.
Pros
Work out put and people
4 February 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see that you enjoy working at Everest and are supported well within your role. Wishing you every success in your future career with us.
I have had 14 good years working for this company but due to covid 19 unfortunately redundancies were placed upon us and unfortunately I became one of them . I have had no issues working for Everest and they have been a fantastic company to work for . Work conditions have always been excellent .
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It is great to see you had a really positive experience while working for the company. Wishing you all the best.
Worked there for 9 years and it wasn't a very professional place and my manager was very highly unprofessional and made it hard to work there so that's why I finally left and now love my job
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management price of the product
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave review. It's disappointing to see that having worked at Everest Ltd for many years, you had a negative experience and were not able to escalate your concerns. We wish you all the best in your new role.
14 January 2021
hard work, lack of communication. No chance to further career. wrong payments. no support. Team are scattered around country, work for themselves, no care for canvassers, only care about results. good windows though.
Comment – 4 February 2020
Thank you for your review. It’s disappointing to see the negative comments you have given; which I hope you have since addressed with your local manager to investigate.
Fantastic training £250 per wk for the 1st month Pay as you learn £20k sales in the 1st month !!!! cherrypicked by TDM Foot canvas lead conversion 1 in 8 I sold £7k on full money and earned £750 in 1 day if I had discounted it down to 50% I would have earned £150 Senior Rep complained why me a trainee was getting such good leads Several Foot canvas leads I travelled 100 miles round trip £17 in fuel to be told by Householder that she had told the Foot canvasser that she had had double glazing fitted 25 years ago and had no intention of buying again... Foot canvasser said well just have the appointment with no obligation..... surprise surprise foot canvasser gets £60 for every lead that is Sat by Sales consultant who gets nothing Experienced Sales consultants with over 15 years service with Everest have databases of past leads and Customers who they revisit everytime there is a shortage of generated leads......in basis terms each Consultant is breaking the GDPR regulations over Customer/Contact details
Pros
Lucky dip on Leads
Cons
If you dont mind travelling, for 2 hrs ending, up spending £20 on fuel, and not earning, this is the job for you
Comment – 4 February 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to see that you got off to a good start in your sales role but disappointing to see you had issues. Regarding your GDPR comments, this is something we take very seriously. We hope your concerns regarding this were escalated, following our GDPR reporting guidelines, at the time of writing your review.
I worked for them for 12 months. I hit the ground running as I was top sales person in my team for a considerable time until a new manager arrived and changed my appointments so that I was no longer placed in front of my target audience. He had lofty ideas to upgrade the team with extra training, new office and equipment to maximise sales of new and existing products. However, all was not ok and things slowly got worse for me as the sales fell off a cliff and my bills needed to be paid whether I was earning or not. I understand that my Manager departed before he was pushed 6 months after I left. He lasted less than 12 months.
Brilliant place to work. Salary was good. Benefits were good. Overall a brilliant company. Not sure what they are like now as they are agency based. also treated me like i was nothing as i was on 16 when i started there.
You will immediately realise that Everests customer is you, noy your customers. They will sell you the ideea that they are so much better than everyone else and then they will send you in to the market. There you will realise that your super expensive product is not the best in class but it s by far the mostexpensive
Was took out company for no reason and gave no information why or chance to give my side of anything that happened feel like we ad no respect and worked there 7 years plus not treated well at all
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Everest?
Terrible management who don't know how to treat their best fitters. If you a a basic council fitter you will do well here as all the jobs are hand picked for certain teams. Anyone who is considering joining these watch out as the managers ask for a back hand payment in return for the good jobs.please have some self respect and find somewhere else to work. Don't do it
Pros
Cons
13hr days for little money
absolute joke do not work for them !!!!!!!! watch out for the no nothing management good look Martin at bury go fitting and learn the job before you call yourself an install manager and learn how to answer your phone
Pros
Cons
no back up management
hardworking firm that is 100% to get the best out of you and your capabilities. Wasn't as such learning from the firm but the person I was assigned to. Assigned to someone who had been working as a window fitter for 25 years and didn't mess around.
i would not like to leave a review on this company. as i do not feel this is beneficial to myself or the company. this was a stop gap company to gain knowledge
When working for Everest LTD. Many different challenges and opportunities arise, differential skills are learned and specialist tasks and skills are needed to be completed. Overall it was a good experience working for Everest LTD.
Pros
Lunch breaks whenever
Cons
Undetermined hours
I enjoyed the time at Everest, they have a lot of good people in the business, there is room to grow and show your talent. The upper management needs to listen a bit more the troops on the ground though.
Pros
Goof prospects, room to grow
Cons
Senior management need to listen
I had to have surgery and was off for 8 weeks. I was told that they had sufficient staff one week before I was due to go back. I was disappointed as I did a good job but accept the decision.
Pros
Good car parking
Cons
No lifts and no toilets on the floor. No canteen just a microwave and kettle to bring your own food
Everest Installer since 2009 , I am very happy with my position at Everest and with the level of support I receive from my installation manager, any technical advice is on hand from the Everest Technical trainer that is always available on the phone or to visit site if needed. My tender fees are paid weekly and on time. Great customers who respect your experience. Ability to learn new trades available, I am booked in to train on Garage doors and also GRP roofs next month and looking forward to it. Friendly atmosphere and feels like a family. Smart van, fuel card, all trims/fixings, PPE, uniform/dust sheets/groundsheets and drill bits provided. I have worked for other so called 'leading companies', but Everest is unique, I will be seeing out the rest of my working career here, highly recommended!!
Pros
Consistent work and Good tender fees
When I first joined Everest in October 2015 I was based within the Web team on a temporary contract.Then a role within the marketing department was advertised and the rest is history. Its an exciting place to work and very rewarding. You are noticed and praised for you efforts. Being able to use your knowledge, understanding and creativity is a big plus in my book. Executing projects to perfection is so rewarding. Management are fantastic, they speak to you with respect and they make you feel welcomed. Listening to the radio in the background also makes the day go quicker.
Pros
You get to use your creative side and challenge your own capabilities.
Cons
Lunch time is only 30mins long.
I have worked for Everest for almost 25 years and in that time Everest has given me a fantastic lifestyle. I would recommend anyone to take the opportunity to work for this company.
Pros
you control your income and rewards & life sifestyle
Cons
Hard Work Never Goes Unrewarded
I have been with Everest for a little under 2 years and can genuinely say it is the best company I have ever worked for. I have been in Home Improvements for nearly 20 years and this is the first company where the Head Office administration actually support the sales team rather than treat them as an inconvenience which has been the case with the historical companies I have worked within. The senior management are a pleasure to deal with and if you have the ability you will progress no doubt about it. Everyone is supportive and the company is in a very good state of health.
  1. Job Security & Advancement