Everest

Everest Pay & benefits reviews

Fast paste work place Working outside can be very cold or very hot depending on season as your outside for hours on end doing the same thing every mintue
Pros
Free lunch/dinner
Cons
Never in my working life have I witnessed such apalling treatment of staff. Kept in dark, lied to and left owed considerable amount of wages and expenses etc.
Pros
Cons
They've gone bust
15 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. It's disappointing to see you have a negative experience working for the business. I hope you have now been able to resolve any outstanding queries regarding wages.
Some good lads then others who have constantly taken the mick for years , total mis management for years and lately to the point that management lied to the work force about going into administration, didnt pay our pensions even tho the money was taken from our wages ,same as union fees !! A company with no morals or regard for there employee's.
15 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. Unfortunately it was a challenging year in 2020 for many businesses. Regarding your comments on pensions - all funds were paid, and those affected by redundancy would have been communicated with at the time. We wish you well for the future.
Long hours for no reward - no help with structure- no team working - managers change regularly - no team working - false promises - no support - long hours
great company to work for with decent salary and benefits, work place culture is nice and the people are friendly, would recommend to anyone and would gladly work with them again.
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see what a positive experience you are having at work.
I would work there again if possible, also great team work and conditions, the area covered was large and took to long to get to customers, most of the installers where of a good standard but some training was required for some.
14 January 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review for Everest Ltd. It's great to see you had a positive experience and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Long hours and little money min wage at best. The managers get back handers to give the local and best work to certain teams. Pay is never right and the management is a disgrace please avoid if u have any brains.
Comment – 3 February 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s disappointing to see you have had issues with your pay, when we pay very competitively in the marketplace for installers work. If you have had issues with your direct manager in resolving your issue, we would suggest you escalate this further locally, so that we are able to investigate fully.
Expensive product for what you get makes this a very difficult sell compared to other companies as with most of these companies you are only paid in results
Comment – 3 February 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves in fitting the best products and will charge a competitive price for these, which may not make us the cheapest. For us the quality of the product is our priority.
Promised the world and got nothing back.worked 7 days a week till somtimes 11 at night just to make 25 pounds while the company makes thousands from the sale.
Pros
Cons
Long hours 7days a week .no guarantee of jobs or money
Brilliant place to work. Salary was good. Benefits were good. Overall a brilliant company. Not sure what they are like now as they are agency based. also treated me like i was nothing as i was on 16 when i started there.
Worked for Everest for 5 months , wages always messed up and given excuses, some jobs never even got paid for. They tell you £500 minimum a week when you start.. rarely ever earnt as much as that. Some weeks more work than others, if you finish the work and they have nothing else booked in for you for the day they say they will pay you for full day when actually they only pay maximum of half a day. Management is awful and very unhelpful constantly taking money out of your wages and giving you excuses even though work is completed and customers were happy. No security in this job .. it’s a worry if you will even get a wage!! Still trying to get my wage for a full weeks work before I left ! Head office are just as unhelpful and trying to keep the money!! ITS A CON, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, Don’t pay you properly, no security
They rip off all workers and customers alike. Do not work for this company, you will regret it. They never pay the full wages that you earn. They still owe me thousands of pounds.
Pros
Cons
Never get full wages, always ripped off.
Everest is a good company to work for. The short time I was with Everest , I found the staff was a pleasure to work with all but one. The work was varied and interesting the product was top of the range
Pros
Friendly work mates
Cons
When working for Everest LTD. Many different challenges and opportunities arise, differential skills are learned and specialist tasks and skills are needed to be completed. Overall it was a good experience working for Everest LTD.
Pros
Lunch breaks whenever
Cons
Undetermined hours
The company i joined many years ago is no longer the same. I really worry about the future for the business, quality has been replaced by speedy high expectations and low pay. The best should recruit, and pay the best but competitors strip us every time now and cannot attract and retain the best. The best product is no good not fitted well. The days of Everest being the place to be in the industry are unfortunately gone.
Pros
Various benefits
Cons
Very long hours and pressure, no recognition or support
Ever since the share holders got hold of Everest they have declined considerably It is all about quantity not quality A lot of the time fitters from the south west are on less than minimum wage they expect a team of 2 to fit a door for less £30 a day. They say you earn £500-£700 a week I haven’t earned that much for the last couple of years the management is a shambles. When I started at Everest 15 years we were only allowed to fit 3 windows a day for quality now they expect you to fit 6 windows with the same quality. Impossible. You can also spend over 4 hours a day travelling they still expect you to do a 10 hour day and not pay any thing for the travelling. FIT THE BEST EVEREST???????
Pros
Cons
As above
Great workplace with lots of products to widen my fenestration knowledge long hours but rewarding work with good rates of pay a friendly workplace to be
Pros
Free fuel and consumables
Cons
Unfortunately, not the ideal position. Management/office staff were not great. The money was never paid on time. However, I really enjoyed the challenging work.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, not prepared to pay the overtime
Contacting customers to provide a Home Improvement Solution How to close a sale Supportive In contact with the general public Working hours Benefits from Sales
Pros
Na
Cons
working as a self employed person but expected to complete additional work for no pay , far too much travelling (3 to 4 hours ) a day on my own time , I enjoy everything I have to do at work , I like working with my hands but dislike having to fight for pay , the company has changed over the last few years , just interested in collecting the cheque at the detriment to workmanship , we are not given enough time or the right equipment to complete our work to a high standard ,
Pros
enjoy working with my hands
Cons
too much travelling, poor pay, dropping standards