Everest Re Group

Everest Re Group Employee Reviews

New hoping this company will be better than the last

Seems like the company is working to change the culture and environment. There is a lot of hiring going on. I’m relatively new. Training has been pretty spotty.

Stuck in their old ways

Newly hired more than a year ago. Management lacks motivation for change and improvements. Applications are antiquated and ultra high level of data entry will have you working in excel all day.

Not a great place to work at

I work at Everest in IT, and feel like the senior management is very arrogant. Being a small firm, everyone has visibility to the senior management and they too have visibility in the day to day job. Employee motivation and empathy are totally absent in IT and instead threat is used to get the work done. Not a single day will pass when the senior Management will not remind you that your job is at risk, and if you are a contractor it is more often than that. Even when they are asking you to do overtime or work over the weekend, which is almost every weekend for some, they wont request but issue it as a dictum or a threat, for no fault of yours. Coming to the culture, it is a blame game culture and the loudest wins. One department is pitted against another and every time there is blame trading that happens when anything goes south. There is a complete lack of maturity from the management and they seem to, most of the times, even encourage such behavior. The average turnaround time for an employee is 6 months to 1 year, before they start leaving the company. Stay away from this organization, if you respect your professional life. The senior management, in IT, needs a complete overhaul, if this company needs to get saved.

Supportive Management and Great Culture

Could not ask for a better workplace! Management (upper and middle) within business units are supportive and listens to concerns. Wonderful team who are always willing to help out. Only downside being systems and operations however that is the norm with any insurance company.

What is the best part of working at Everest Re Group?the paid is at marketWhat is the most stressful part about working at Everest Re Group?no resources, no staff, no talent

good company overall but some departments can be hectic due to high turnover

Everest is a good company overall with a good culture. Benefits package can be improved. Compensation/promotion review structure for current employees need to be re-evaluated.

Growing company with decent benefits but poor culture

Management is poor example of work life balance. benefits are decent, company is adding new benefits each year as company grows. new building looks nice.

Efficient

I was an intern over the summer as an underwriter and I felt the branch I was in was very professional and gave me a lot of good knowledge about the insurance/reinsurance world.

Average across the board

Day to day is very bland and basic. Nothing to get too excited about at work. Pay is ok and benefits are ok as well. People are friendly but moving up the chain is difficult.

Toxic Work Environment

The most unpleasant work environment I’ve every experienced. Zero work-life balance - meetings scheduled on weekends, work extending to 14 hour days - on a regular basis. A lot of talk from executive leadership about culture and engagement but no substance - it’s all for the optics. Expectations of employees at middle to upper management are just ridiculous.

Pros

There are individual managers and executives who are great.

Cons

70 hour work weeks, constant, constant pressure.

Promotions

People were rarely promoted to high level positions at Everest, always hiring from the outside competitor. Poor management in the claims department. Fake friends.

Room for growth

Depending on your department and manager, there is room to grow and much to learn in your department. There is alot of cross promotion that I see in the company.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Senior Leadership

Cold and uncomfortable environment

Probably one of the most toxic workplaces I’ve ever encountered. It was frowned upon to speak with higher up underwriters despite working on accounts “together”. Even walking through the halls you could feel the coldness amongst the other employees in the building. Terrible experience and very much a “boy’s club” environment.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Everything but the salary

Horrible experience

The worst company I have ever worked for in all my 25+ years in the industry. When doing the survey I found it very easy to give them poor ratings in management. Very discouraging environment to work in.

Nothing to brag about

Reinsurance is boring to begin with. However, your experience really depends on your manager which can be very hit or miss. Overall, there’s not a lot of transparency between departments. A lot of doing this because they’ve always been done that way without a lot of forward thinking. Work-life balance is good only because you leave at 5 unless something happens. Company is not very flexible in terms of WFH. If you’re just starting out I would use it as a stepping stone and then look to move in 2 years.

It was an environment with little stress.

it was a great place to work, because everyone supported each other. They provided the tools to succeed. If the opportunity presents itself again, it would be my pleasure to reconnect with the company.

Pros

Lunch was inexpensive

Cons

there was nothing

Run away!

Terrible experience. Uneven experience. Totally depends on who your manger is. Zero stability. Can be hired for one thing and forced into a different position 6 months later. They encourage forcing employees out as opposed to firing. HIGH stress leave percentage.

Good place to work people are nice and there is a sense of inclusion most people are accommodating of your view s and opinions, They are also courteous

Great Company

Great company and great people. Flexibility to work from home and also flexibility of flex time which is always a plus. Conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia.

Challenging but fun place to work and learn new things.

Everest Insurance was a great experience. Although Everest was a short job, I managed to get back close to to $2,000,000 by communicating with people.

Pros

Great people, learned new systems, enhanced skills

Cons

Pay was very low, travel was long

Large insurance corporation

NIce place to work they gave me the flexibility needed at the time of illness great management. The company is technology oriented and provide the employees with the latest technologies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everest Re Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Everest Re Group with

• Everest Re Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?