Evolution Money

Evolution Money Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews

moneymonthstaffteamenvironmentlotpeoplecompany

People make the work place

working her for a number of years, I have seen many people come and go. The people that come into Evolution are people who make the days worth it.they always help get through tough times.

Pros

friendly environment

Cons

long days

Positive atmosphere and Social environment

Evolution is a great place to work with lots of friendly people who are always willing to help. Staff really care about the customers which is reflected by the Feefo scores.It is clear that the company wish to reward hard work by the frequent social activities.There is a close knit culture, however as a newbie I have been made to feel welcome by many colleagues.

Insights into Evolution Money

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Productive and fun workplace

Worked for Evolution Money for nearly 8 years and thoroughly enjoyed it. Originally started within the company on the admin department and have progressed internally within the case management department this shows that the company is dedicated to individual progression. During the pandemic the company was very accommodating and still continues to be.

Productive and fund place to work

Great Place to work if you are money motivated - Great bonus schemes and Over time offered. Mostly achievable.Great team work environment. Great Laughs and Treats supplied :)

Pros

work from home option

Cons

long hours at the end of the month

TeamEvo

I have worked at Evolution Money for 8 years and absolutely love it here! We were all supported throughout the Pandemic and it made me feel proud to be part of Evolution. Here at Evolution we are more of a family than a work team and the people really do make the company. Evolution have grown organically and there is always opportunity for progression, if you work hard at Evolution this is recognised and Evolution will give you the opportunity to progress, into whatever area within the business you may be interested in. Evolution take care of their employees whether that is support, treats and social events. #TeamEvo

Pros

Social Events

Productive and fun workplace

I really enjoy my job, it is busy but there is lots of support! It is a new role for me and I am enjoying the challenge. The team are great and we all work to help each other out.

Fast paced but rewarding

It's a fast paced & challenging environment but everyone is supportive including the management team. You get rewarded for your work through incentives & the office is a fun place to be with a collaborative environment across all departments

Fun environment and great people

Great place to work, great office environment. Managers very helpful and friendly. Really take care of staff. During COVID they have kept us on 100% wages during furlough and gave us lots of time and training to get back into the swing of things once we came back into the office

People are always smiling. Even with some staff not being in due to Covid, there is still a great buzz around the office and a great dynamic within the teams.Working hard is rewarded and you feel very looked after, with the staffs wellbeing being considered. You aren't just a number here.I feel privileged to work here and am looing forward to my career progressing here.

Pros

Free fruit, healthcare plan, company activities

Cons

none if found so far

Have worked at Evolution Money for over a year. The environment is fun and fast paced, everyone is very friendly. Managers are supportive and approachable within the day to day role but have been particularly supportive throughout the Covid 19 outbreak. Internal progression is encouraged.

Pros

Great environment to work, salary is reflective of what is expected of you

Productive and very Fun place

Amazing people at Evolution Money in every department there are Wonderful people that will help you with anything.Company took care of us in These hard times offering 100% Salary and time off when u need whenever you need help all you do is ask and there may be a solutionBest place I have worked so far and I have been in Many places

Cons

You get out what you put in

I've worked within Evolution for over 8 years, started as a Secured Loan Underwriter and worked by way up to management. I've worked over different departments and both unsecured and secured and have been given the opportunity to develop my skills personally. Career opportunity is available to all those that work hard, you get out what you put in. You're paid well.I've loved the social events over the years, the races, summer BBQ's, Christmas Meals (Free bar for all events) or the standard Friday club. I have multiple friends for life including past and present employees.Senior management have been extremely supportive through COVID continuing to pay everyone 100% of the wages, being flexible with certain staffs personal situations (home working/ hours/ when shielding etc), also arranging catch ups in the office to make sure staff are not isolated at home. We are all so appreciative.

Covid Friendly

The company has supported us well through Covid. They have ensured all employees are contacted, working from home where needed and topped up our wage whilst on furlough

Pros

Teams, Covid Support

Cons

Intense

Productive and fun work place

Great place to work!! Fun people and great money. Nice atmosphere with regular incentives. We tend to do team competitions monthly which makes work life interesting! Fair management team and will always use a common sense approach which is great! My current manager has given me lots of coaching which has helped me get to the top of the leaderboard!

Pros

Good basic salary

Cons

Can work till 8pm but changing shifts

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work. During Covid the company fully supported all staff in work and home life. Regular fun incentives and monthly commission structures. All employees are friendly and very helpful. Con noted below is working until 8 but management have been discussing amending work hours.

Pros

Regular incentives

Cons

Sometimes work until 8pm

Not just a number

I have been working for the business for 5 years. I was originally an advisor and then had an internal promotion to a manager. Evolution Money is the perfect is example of a medium sized business and gives all the benefits of one too! The Senior Management team have an open door policy and often walk around and speak to all the staff which I think is a really really nice touch. This helps staff knwo they are not just thought of as a number.Some of my staff have been invited out to golf days with the directors - some day my invite will come :) Pre COVID the company would throw the most amazing parties which would mostly consist of a free bar! sounds great at the time, but the morning after is not so great! They have a great emphasis on staff mental and psychical wellbeing with regular visits from local gym instructors, massage therapist and healthy cooking tutorials. These events really help let the hair down/de-stress!Everyone always says the people make this business and I think COVID-19 has made everyone realize how great our Evolution family really are! The company have support their staff on furlough leave with 100% pay throughout the whole pandemic. We have kept in touch with regular virtual events and competitions. The company have been so flexible with childcare etc and I really think this has made all of our staff extremely grateful to work for such a company! I really think the business should be proud of how supportive they have been and know that we all appreciate it!

Terrible

If you want to progress and get your bonus then you need to suck up and be a people pleaser. You get told that you have stay behind sometimes. Which is fine but when you start working, what they don’t tell you that on the last Friday of every month you have to work 8-8 and work the Saturday 9-2. And if you need holidays on those days it is pretty much forbidden

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything else

12 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. As a former employee you may not be aware of some adjustments that we’ve recently made to the shift patterns for the Relationship Manager role. At the time of response these are:Monday to Thursday: 2 Early Shifts per week 8am to 5pm, 2 Late shifts per week 10am to 7pmFridays we close at 5pm.Saturdays 9am to 1pm on a rota basis, average 1 in 4 Saturdays (1st and last Saturdays in the month only)We’ve also changed the shift length for the month end boost day, although we do still ask team members to work one additional hour on that day. We’re constantly seeking to create the best balance we can between our customers’ needs and the those of our teams. Inevitably there are some key periods when it’s essential for us to restrict the amount of Annual Leave which may be taken. We’ve also enhanced the reward structure for this role which includes a basic salary of £30K pa plus a monthly performance bonus. Bonus calculations are based on both individual and team performance measures. We’re clear about the behaviours we expect from our team members. The What Good Looks Like document for each role spells out what’s expected and how this links to outcomes that are in the best interests of our business and our customers. We think it’s pretty straight forward, but we would encourage all team members to discuss this with their line manager in more detail.We’d like to hear more about your experiences, so if you have any further feedback to share with us please get in touch HR@evolutionmoney.co.uk

Profits First - Employees Last

Many of the managers are ‘yes men’ and are unprofessional. They are fearful of the operations director who likes to fire senior managers ‘particularly male ones’ at will Training does not exist – Once you get through the first 6 weeks, it’s life on the phone my friend They have a high churn rate of underwriters / front end staff due to the fact that commissions / rules change every month and Evolution Money are in fact bottom feeders. You will have to deal with the poorest, most vulnerable people in society and it is your job to get them into more debt. They also make you work a 12 hour shift at month end if you are off target as a form of shaming tactic

12 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.As you know, Evolution Money is a specialist secured lender. We believe our products offer a valuable service to customers in need of a lender who will take the time to understand their personal circumstances in depth, rather than relying solely on credit ratings. Often this does mean customers with a poor credit history which may go hand in hand with some form of vulnerability. Our Underwriters have a great deal of responsibility in ensuring potential customers are treated fairly, with respect and empathy and that they are offered solutions of real benefit to them. Once our team members have completed their initial 6 week induction training they’ll receive regular coaching and mentoring on the job. An informal approach is often the best way to work on personal development. Most people prefer a blended approach, applying their learning, rather than being stuck in a classroom. Our weekly buzz sessions offer the opportunity for our teams to share best practice.As part of our principles of success, the 4 C’s, we believe every employee should have access to the right coaching opportunities. It is also every employee’s responsibility to seek coaching as they feel is required in the management of their ongoing competence. Please don’t wait until your next 1:1 to discuss this with us further. I would urge you to speak with your line manager as a priority, so that we can understand and address any issues you are facing. We always seek to make decisions fairly, equitably and following a clear process that complies with -

Good place to work very friendsly

My typical day at work doing admin starts at 8am where I will check how many emails have to be actioned from the day before then I will then look at other tasks and prioritize them for the day ahead such as post and outgoing correspondence to be sent and generated on the systems,

12 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your role. You’ll often hear us say we’re a sociable bunch and it really is true. Having a good team around you is so important. We hope you’ll continue to grow and develop your skills along with us and enjoy being part of Team Evo for many years to come.If you have any further feedback for us, we’re listening. You can drop us a line any time HR@evolutionmoney.co.uk

Don’t work there

There is no work life balance. They make you work a 12 hour shift at “month end” which isn’t in your contract and you aren’t paid any extra for Senior Management have their favourites and if you aren’t in that list of people you are screwed!

12 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. As you’re aware the Relationship Manager role, part of our Collections function, involves a great deal of customer contact. Relationship Managers work with and reach out to customers who are in arrears or in danger of falling behind with their payments, seeking to get them back on track. Inevitably this means the role must involve some shift working as we seek to contact our customers at the times when they are able to discuss sensitive issues regarding their personal finances. We’re constantly seeking to create the best balance we can between our customers needs and the those of our teams. So we’ve recently made changes to the shift patterns for our Relationship Managers. At the time of response these are:Monday to Thursday: 2 Early Shifts per week 8am to 5pm, 2 Late shifts per week 10am to 7pmFridays we close at 5pm.Saturdays 9am to 1pm on a rota basis, average 1 in 4 Saturdays (1st and last Saturdays in the month)We’ve also changed the shift length for the month end boost day, although we do still ask team members to work one additional hour on that day.Work Life balance isn’t just about shift hours, it’s also about being able to switch off when you’re not in work. We don’t ask our operational staff to be contactable outside of working hours, to access or respond to emails from home. When your shift is over, it’s over. We always seek to make decisions fairly and treat our staff equitably. As a team manager your role in this is key, so we’re particularly concerned that you feel this isn’t the case. We’d -

Not a bad place to work whilst looking for something better

Initially enjoyed working with this firm until new management came in and made life difficult for employees. Pair was fair and easy access as in city centre with loads of connections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolution Money. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement