Evolve Facility Services

Working at Evolve Facility Services: Latest Evolve Facility Services Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews

Under paid and bad management

Not a place to work if yo take pride in your work its a job of cover it up it will be ok. Management are only interested in there numbers and not workforce. Well under paid for what you do and constantly being watched and pushed over the limit.

Pros

Well kept vans

Cons

Well under paid badly run company

26 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We constantly review our rates of pay to ensure that we remain competitive in our sector.Every colleague in our business has received a pay increase this year, however we recognise that we are living in very challenging times and are continuing to look at other ways in which we can support colleagues.We were disappointed to read your feedback regarding our management team and standards of work and will ensure that this is reviewed as part of our continuous improvement process.

Under paid and badly managed

Not a place to work if you take pride in your work if there’s a problem just cover it it will be ok attitude. badly run by management constantly being told there is light at the end of the tunnel things will get better .

Pros

Cons

Constantly being watched

26 August 2022
We’re very sorry to hear this about your experience at Evolve. We value all our current and former employees’ feedback, and your comments will help us to make improvements that will improve our colleagues’ experience. If you’d like to share any additional views, please contact recruitment@evolvefs.org.uk. We wish you all the best with your career.

Insights into Evolve Facility Services

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Bad/Toxic management

Had I have known that they were going to be as incompetent at management level I’d have said NO to the job, no chance to progress & treated different due to my Disability. No Respect shown.

Pros

Good set of lads on the tools

Cons

Poor management

26 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always looking at ways to improve the experience of our colleagues and will continue to strive towards our goal to provide an environment where they feel valued, treated fairly and respected. If you would like to provide any further feedback, please email recruitment@evolvefs.org.uk.

Avoid working here

Pay is minimum wage for anyone other than management. No opportunity for progression or development. Also the management are poor and treated better than everyone else.

Toxic workplace

Working lads are great, idiots in the office haven't got a clue how to run the company, wages below average, tell u lies week in week out that you'll get a payrise, nothing ever comes of it, but will promote each other in the office. Wouldn't work there if anyones looking better places to consider.

Pros

Free materials for own jobs and van

Cons

Poorly run, wages, know it all management

Could NOT Recommend it to Anyone.

Starts Full of promise and all sounded Good.But soon get to see how poorly managed they are at Carlisle inexperienced and too young the so called supervisors .Treated like big brother is watching you at every move time scales and planning is a joke.If you have poorly trained individuals trying to manage what else can you expect.

Pros

Good quality vehicles

Cons

Cough or sneeze in the wrong way they charge you.

I liked working at evole facilaties

I worked there for nearly 2 years sometimes when they were entertaining i had to rush to get everything done in my time but it was a enjoyable job and all the staff and management where lovely and friendly

Pros

Free food

Cons

No cons

not a good place to work

working day day to day going into sum house where it very uncleaned sum management don't have a clue wot there talking about pay for your own tools no tool payments

Pros

Cons

traveling to jobs in own time no tool allowance as a tradesman my tools are very expensive

Easy work, pay is equal to the job you are doing

Work is really easy. Lot of operatives moan about the pay which is not the best but you get paid for what you earn. Plumbers, joiners,plasterers, ground workers if you want a job paying £12/14 per HR go somewhere where you will actually graft for it! The pay is not great for a reason. That reason is that it's a MAINTENANCE job & you do very little actual work but expect top pay rates just for turning up! Low pay rate attracts bottom of the barrel tradesmen. A lot spend most of the day trying to avoid doing any work. Those that actually do a bit expect over the top pay rises. Plumbers biggest job might might be changing a tap or rarely fit a bath. Plasterer is mainly patch plastering, joiner might have to fit the odd worktop, ground worker, relay a couple of metres of flags, none of them can lay a brick. Hardly any start on time, most are home by 4.30 or earlier although it's a 5pm finish, yet all whine & whinge about the pay. You're paid what you are worth & for most it's nowhere near £12.00 per HR! Like I say workshy, unskilled, lazy, bottom of the barrel trades who cannot get employment elsewhere. Improve the pay & attract decent tradesmen & get rid of the complete & utter wasters who couldn't care less about standards.

Pros

Free van

Cons

Social Housing tenants mostly unemployed mingers who you have to bow & scrape to

very poor

I've worked here for 7 months and got messed about. For being a man with my skills getting paid peanut. Plus got wrongfully dismissed from them in the end

Pros

Free fuel

Depressing work place

Management do not care about the staff Don’t help staff with personal problems Don’t support the staff Wages are not good enoughAnd many many more

like working for the mafia

Preach health and safety .But not bothered what you have to do as long as the work is done . Every one is on a different wage . Some are on more money and sneaky bonus for doing little work .Others work through dinners etc just so the large work load is done. Under appreciation. Over whelmed . Expected to work with asbestos .

Pros

Cons

expected to work through dinner for free, .expected to do certification at home for free, .buy your own power tools, .travel in your own time

Wouldnt bother

Dont waste your life with these, shocking firm dont know how or why riverside use them absolute joke, everybody is there mates cats penguins brother, rubbish pay rubbish work, treated like rubbish, if you're desperate but at your own peril

Pros

Going home

Cons

Going to work

Just don't do it...even if your desperate!

Joined company as a Joiner. Absolutely no joinery work involved in this position...unless you class changing door latches as joinery. Spent 80% of the day driving huge distances (200 mile a day min) for work that had already been completed. Approached management about my concerns in this position and they blackmailed me. Your expected to do everything as the supervisor doesn't do his job!! Chester Le Street branch is a terribly ran and there supervisor is worse than useless (unless he eating).

work you to death

they expect you to do a good days work then add more on to you to save employing some other poor person. this is dodgy when gas is involved. they don't care about the worker

evolve/riverside

At this company health and safty was out of the window the foreman did not care about you and did not chek before hand if it was safe to do the work and the time scale was bejond a joke just get it done in the time given or youb where out I would not work for them agian if they ever asked to me if a job has to be done it has to be safe and right

Absolute shambles

Horrible place to work but great if your in the brown nose click. If you a yes man you could be in a job for a long time but on the same money as you started but if you stand up for yourself and say how it is you are known as a trouble maker. No pay rise in 7 years and made to feel unwanted, some managers are ok but most are firmly stuck up there own backside driving around in there leased jeep as if there millionaires.

Pros

Long term job if you keep your mouth shut

Cons

Back stabbing managers

No ethnics. White culture.

Seriously don’t even bother getting a start with the company. You will regret it!!! Management/supervisors have big trucks that don’t ever leave the yard. If you want to move up the ladder that is never ever going to happen at Evolve unless you a brown nose or one of lads! Office staff love to belittle the lads and are the most patronising people you will ever meet. The us and them attitude like the previous comment says unfortunately does exist. They pay peanuts then expect the world and you will never get a payrise. There isn’t a procedure for asbestos, no reports. Nothing! Health and safety doesn’t matter to Evolve, they just want the job done!

Pros

Going home of a night

Cons

Working for Evolve

Nice working environment everyone was like family there.

My boss from evolve would call me whe there was work and I would get picked up in a van and brought to the location we was working on and at the the end of the week I would be payed

Pros

Free lunches, overtime pay was nice

Cons

After I would be tired from carrying stuff all day

Unprofessional Lazy Backstabbing Middle Management

About two thirds of the above fit this bill at evolves leicester branch . They spend their days pulling members of their workforce apart behind their backs, but in front of other employees often about their personal circumstances .They have no interest in their workforce, their service users repairs or issues or the company they work for , they are just wagging it until retirement ,or a fat redundancy payoff

Pros

1 good manager, parting company with them

Cons

expected to work extra hours for no pay, encouraged to flount satety regs

Repeating what the previous comments say. Management drive round in big fancy vans yet never leave the yard. Huge us and them feel to the place and never felt like you had a secure job. Kitchen lads are expected to install a kitchen, test it and complete a condition report as well remedials in one day (1spark 1 mate) They also had us asbestos trained so we had to break through known asbestos, all to save money. Unless you bend over backwards for them you will forever be a just another spark. Cant use van out of hours Tracked everywhere you go Herds of people leaving the place so always jobs there. Worst part about it i think management think they handle the staff well enough. No people skills!

Pros

23 days holiday after 6 months

Cons

Read main body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolve Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement