EvolveODM

EvolveODM Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews

One to Watch

I have worked for EvolveODM for just over 8 months now and can honestly say I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment. The business has grown (and is continuing to grow) rapidly over the course of my time here, which is a clear testament of the hard work and dedication put in by all. The management team are very hands on with their approach, directors included. This to me shows the level of commitment to the business and the customers we provide for. Office/working facilities have a modern style following a recent move/development - leisurely features such as a coffee machine and pool table are part of a number of perks for staff to enjoy during the working day.The potential of this company and the progressional path on which we are embarked cannot be overlooked. We have a growing list of clients (many of which have a national/global presence) and I firmly believe that now is the right time to join the business as it works towards a golden age.

Good Projection for Future Growth

I have worked at Evolve for a while now and have seen the company grow rapidly in recent time.Positives:- Staff are approchable and friendly- Questions are encouraged when assistance is required- Progression within the company- Free Coffee- Modern Office Enviroment- Pool table- Good access to food for lunch- 4 on 4 off shift work- Shift allowance- Perkbox- Private HealthcareNotes:- The company is ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 certified, which means there is a lot of internal documentation.- A lot of processes that can often change as the company is ever evolving!

Insights into EvolveODM

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

I have worked for Evolveodm for 7 months and can truly say that I have enjoyed every minute.Mangermet and directors can't do enough to help you progress within your role,and have a lot of time for staff.All in all great place to work, and iam looking forward to hopefully many happy years working for Evolveodm.

Fantastic Work Environment / Company

I’ve worked with EvolveODM for nearly 3 years. The business has tripled in size since I joined and it is a pleasure to be apart of the growth. I’ve had two promotions during this time and beyond grateful for the continued opportunities provided by the company. I believe EvolveODM is a company where you get out what you put in; hard work is never unnoticed or unrewarded. I wouldn’t be in the position I am today, without the time and effort management have spent helping me develop during my time here. The Directors kindly dedicated many months planning our move to the new office alongside running a 24/7 business. The new office is filled with plenty of perks for all the staff to utilise. We lovely modern styled office with a comfortable break area to enjoy, standing desks, great office view, a pool table and fancy coffee machine… the list goes on. I can honestly say, I’ve not worked for a company so accommodating to their staff. The Directors are always happy to listen to ideas / feedback from employees within the business.Our office is filled with good moral especially with our weekly pool tournaments. Day to day, we’re a very busy business, but there is always a great team effort from the Directors down to deliver the best service to our customers. I am happy to be a part of a fast growing business and would highly recommend working within this company.

Pros

Soft drinks, Tea and Coffee provided, Private health care allowances, perk box rewards, in house promotions available and free onsite parking.

A good place to work

A small company that I enjoy working for.Pool tournaments on Fridays.Good group of people and teamwork, with a relaxed team atmosphere.A good place to learn the skills you need to progress.

Great Working Environment with Progression

I have been employed by Evolve for some time now and I am very happy in my role and working for the organisation. We moved into a new office several months ago which the business went all out on the refurbishment, it has created a better working environment for everyone (even has a pool table). I have personally progressed within the business since joining, there are plenty of opportunities if you are willing to put in the effort. I see myself staying at Evolve long term and as I enjoy the culture and the business is going from strength to strength. The management team are very hands on from the directors down, this shows the commitment to the business and to its customers, this makes for a good company. The company also offers good benefits such as private healthcare, free parking and Perkbox.

Pros

Great working environment. Approachable staff. Fair pay. Progression. Development. Good benefits, free parking, healthcare, perkbox

Good entry level roles with minimal progression

The opportunities provided by EvolveODM are great for those starting out in their careers, they provide basic training, but there are not many opportunities for progression. Training came far and in between which was sad as it meant other members of the team had to pick up much more work as management just never had the time to set up training sessions. The pay throughout the company also seems unfair even with those who had very similar roles. I believe the pay issues lead to awful staff retention.I also believe there is a problem with micromanagement, which can be very belittling and demotivating. In monthly 121s, you can ask for further training/development, but no action seems to be taken on these points. Most staff members are lovely with everyone involving in regular payday lunches, pool competitions.

Growing business with alot of issues

There is no doubt this company has potential but in it's current form it is a place you dread going to work in the morning. The company is constantly growing which is normally would be fantastic to be apart of but due to how support team is operated and managed it often finds itself constantly struggling to keep staff members from leaving which leaves everyone else to pick up the slack. This can be attributed to how the support team get treated and spoken to by management who can often degrade team members. The company pay policy is also mismanaged and promotion of individuals is questionable. A 2nd line engineer will be earning less than a 1st Liner who is clearly not at the same level, and promotions will be easily predicted due to either desperation to keep staff or favouritism. The majority of the support team is friendly however, the office has a pool table which enables the team to relax at times or compete in pool competitions. Pros:- Competitive salary for what is required of you- Clean and modern office- Health insurance- 4 on 4 off 12 Hour shifts (Allows for plenty of time off especially when combined with annual leave) Cons:- Poor internal training- Staff Retention - lack of career progression- Micromanaged by the Directors / management- Promoting known misogynistic and extreme viewed individuals to leadership and managing roles.- Lack of job satisfaction - Mismanaged pay structure (2nd Line getting paid less than 1st Line) Overall I would only recommend this company to someome new to IT and Networking, use it as a stepping stone to progress -

Official response from EvolveODM

2 September 2022
Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry you felt the need to rain down your biased displeasure publicly, but that is your right to do so. However, your assessment of the company seems to have taken you to some fictional places. Every so often you get staff members that are not happy with their employment, this is a prime example of that. Your profile states you are a current employee, if you genuinely do feel there are issues, these can be addressed by following our internal company procedures as displayed in your employee handbook, it’s a shame this hasn’t happened on this occasion. In the last 12 months within the support function there has been plenty of progression for individuals who have worked hard to gain better knowledge of the role and processes. Sure, we have had some challenges as some of the team have decided to take other opportunities (which we applaud them for) and others have been exited due to an inability to uphold the high standards we have as a minimum delivery within the team. Personally, as a director I do a lot of soul searching if someone leaves negative feedback about their individual experience of the business and in some circumstances, I breathe a sigh of relief as it can be the only answer to an impasse. For the record I always learn a lesson and adapt. Your comments have given me some confirmation and reflection points. As I look back over the last 12 months I see a few negatives, but mostly I see significant contract wins, expansion, new experienced staff joining Evolve, existing staff developing and excelling in their roles and increased -

Developing/growing company

Enjoy working at EvolveODM.Good company culture and many opportunities for self-development.Pay rates are well especially with support shift allowance

Pros

Shift allowance, fast paced

Amazing company who genuinely care about there staff.

Great place to work, close friendly team. The management work closely with the team and are all brilliant. The company’s growing every year and I would definitely recommend working here. In all the places I have worked this has got to be one of the best, I was gutted I had to move on.

Pros

Soft and hot drinks provided. Funded training. Private car park. Private health benefits.

Relaxed but professional environment. A quick moving and growing company so work is always exciting.

Relaxed environment in the office, but high standards of work expected. Fast paced but always exciting work.Directors still involved in the business and provide good assistance when any issues arise.

Pros

Soft drinks / Coffee Machine provided free. Funded Training Provided. Good team structure.

Cons

Dynamic business so things change quickly and then need to learn new processes quickly also.

Excellent Company to work for

Highly recommend EvolveODM as an employer. Evolve are constantly growing which allows new opportunities to open up almost monthly across the business.

Pros

Free Parking Private Healthcare

Don't bother applying for this company

I had two interviews in November last year for a first line service desk job, and have still had no response. The job was advertised as a first line service desk job, but the company wanted extensive networking experience, even though this was not listed in the job description. The fact that they couldn't even be bothered to send me an email to tell me that I didn't get the job really didn't leave me with a very good impression of this company.

Pros

NA - I just wanted to comment on the interview process

Cons

They don't get back you after they interview you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EvolveODM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

EvolveODM reviews by location

Learn about EvolveODM in popular locations

• EvolveODM