ExamWorks

ExamWorks Employee Reviews

United Kingdom142 reviews

targetaccidentprogressavoidclaimcolleaguestaffload

Featured review

ExamWorks selected this as a representative review
Busy fast pace job. Never dull. Always lots of work to get through. Lots of opportunities to advance. You will be on the phone constantly. Department communications could be better.

Great team / company

No two days are the same, delivering and collecting vehicles in the South West.Trucks are modern and well maintained. Depot Management are very supportive.Sad to leave, but I had to find something which pays more.

Insights into ExamWorks

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Just don't.

Seriously, go anywhere else. Progression is based on favouritism, the targets are impossibly high and they don't value staff . You're pushed and pushed and pushed, and then chastised for the slightest of incorrections.

Pros

8.30am - 5pm

Cons

Literally everything.

A great place to grow

Examworks (Kindertons) is a great place to push yourself to grow in an supportive environment. Management are concerned about your well-being and the CEO makes sure to get stuck in and is really approachable. The opportunity to progress is there is you push yourself and the satisfaction of working a case for a client is always there. Sometimes the clients may be a bit difficult but if you cannot handle that then this is not the profession for you. Maybe more competitive pay for the area could be considered but that’s a really small gripe compared to how much I enjoy it here.

Pros

Great management, space to grow, learn and progress and amazing staff

Cons

Some unreasonable clients, pay slightly low for area

Fast paced and enjoyable

The company genuinely care for the staff. We get regular updates from the senior leadership team. Hybrid working helps with the work/life balance. Senior management are supportive. There are regular social events and in-office team events (quiz, raffle etc).

Pros

Supportive management, hybrid working

Cons

Pay rises should be in line with inflation

Great place to work, supportive management

salaries could be better but good team culture and supportive management. Development limited and takes ages to get anywhere. social events are great.

Pros

Social events, supportive team, work from home

Cons

salary.

Fantastic work Place

I have worked here for just less than a year and i feel no doubt that i made the absolute right decision in leaving my previous role. I love everything about my job and my manager is supportive and encouraging in everything i do. I have a fab team of people working with me too. Great place to work would definitely recommend.

Pros

Group events, good salary and benefits.

Totally different to what I’ve done before.

I used to work in retail and office work is something I thought I could t do. But the trainer and the team I now work on were really supportive and didn’t mind all the questions I asked over and over. Every case I deal with is entirely different and that brings a lot of variety to my day. I go home feeling like I have helped people, which I used to working in retail but this feels more important as it’s following an accident that could be really traumatic, effect their ability to work etc and we take care of all that. Gives you a little pang of pride.

A refreshing change from shirt work and long hours

The job I am in is very busy, I am required to do a number of assessments each day to meet my targets, however I passed my probation/approval really quickly which meant I was very soon working on my own. I work from home and go into the office each week, I enjoy seeing my colleagues and am part of a great team.

Pros

No shifts, monday to friday working, overtime available, can earn a bonus, the business are always talking about growing so I know there will be a chance for me to progress

Cons

Can be pressured, work is audited, but the feedback is good and helps you to develop

Avoid like the plague

Office staff have favourites. Given hard labour if your not. pressured into Driving damaged vehicles. tries to put points on your licence that you do not earn. Never listen to your calls because the dont answer them. Head office is just as bad. Seemed to spend most of my time apologising to customers for shoddy service. If you have nothing short of nerves of steel do not apply. It grinds you down.

Fun but undervalued

Staff is underpaid which is shown in the constant turnover in staff. Training is absolutely awful and you are thrown into things without any real help. Workload becomes unmanageable to the point of becoming stressful.

Pros

Casual dress

Cons

Underpaid, overworked

3rd rate company

Very poor management, stressful as they think driving around in heavy traffic all day is easy, the salary is not fit for purpose, most people take ages to do jobs just to avoid going out again, many people have left and note finally they have raised the wages but too little too late, think it will be all over there before long.

Fast pace tiring

Good place to learn, but not a place you can stay forever. The pace is fast and they pressure you to handle lots of files and management don't care how hard they push you. You kust just do the work.

Avoid!

They time everything you do. Including going to the toilet or going to get a drink. You have 8 minutes per day to do these things and if you go over by even one minute, they’ll pull you into meetings. You’re not allowed to have your bag or coat at your desk and your desk doesn’t have drawers.You can’t even be one minute late back from your lunch or they’ll pull you into a meeting again.Targets are impossible and the work itself is extremely repetitive. Sometimes I’d go for my lunch break and consider whether to bother going back. Worst place I’ve worked by a country mile. Micro managed and miserable!

Work hard, play hard

The team absolutely make my working experience, we pull together as a team and get the job done whilst having a laugh and genuinely enjoy being there.

Fast paced and non stop

If you can handle being verbally abused over the phone on a daily basis then working here will be a breeze. If you can't handle the verbal abuse then I would avoid at all costs. The only plus side to working at Kindertons was the team and the occasional incentives to get you through the day/week.

Pros

Pay is good and easy to go up your levels

Cons

No support with the verbal abuse taken on a daily basis.

Good management and training team

Very helpful and supportive. Management were attentive and always there to support you in time of need and any worries. Training team is extremely knowledgeable and help loads

Unsurmountable expectations for the level of pay

The most boring / typical admin job. Sending hundreds of emails a day with no variance whatsoever.Management will complain about anything and will threaten to kick you out over the smallest of mistakes - should come as no surprise that there is Close to zero job security whatsoever.Also tried to prolong in not booking any of my holidays for months despite me consistently asking them for any updates.

Cons

Horrific management

Avoid - Management couldn’t run a bath!

Terrible place to work, terrible management that don’t care about their staff, minimum wage, maximum headache. No communication between office and drivers and most issues the office don’t want to know they pass you off to another department so they don’t have to deal with it. No bonus or benefits, no staff days out, Christmas party or any sort of effort to Thank drivers for the effort they are expected to put in. Drivers are asked to drive vehicles with no MOT and trucks that are overloaded with no regard for drivers safety or well-being.

Pros

Great driver team

Cons

Organisational skills are next to none

Very poor. Company is still in decline.

Very poor company to work for. Shows no respect for its clients or employees. Target driven industry with no bonuses for reaching targets. Understaffed and overworked. I would not recomend

Pros

Cons

Too much too mention

Little progression, low salary, not invested in its employees.

Title says it all, progression is poor and even once progressed salary is way below the market average. The work itself can be interesting but it is ruined by the companies parasitic practices. Too many staff have put in time and effort to only get burned, being denied progression for petty reasons. The company used to have bonuses, great benefits and a general morale that brought up spirits. That is not the case now. The only positive are the people who make the best out of a bad situation and are the only thing that makes the place bearable.

Pros

The people you meet.

Cons

Salary, progression, lack of ability in management positions and much more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExamWorks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ExamWorks with

Learn about ExamWorks in popular locations

• ExamWorks