Excelcare
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Excelcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom93 reviews

lovelyresidentstaffcaresupportivetrainingmemberteam

Work load is hard but seeing residents happy is the main thing. Friendly staff manger is new so putting their mark on the place.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Poor company to work for no appreciation always under staffed no perks hardly get to take breaks as under staffed

Worked with them 10 years not even a email to say thanks for service. High staff turnover as higher management do not care if staff stay a long time no incentives nothing since leaving and seeing what other companies offer shows how poor this company is. The payroll can't seem to pay correctly either plus have no idea what they are doing if pay is wrong it's such a long winded process to get it sorted as staff are not allowed to contact payroll themselves.

Pros

Cons

Terrible head office staff and owner

Insights into Excelcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Not good

Terrible company bad management . don't get paid for fuel.quite a few staff not been paid the right wages.and if you complain you get threating txtx ,,,

Productive and fun

A good company to work for, very helpful and informative. Training provided with a chance of completing NVQ qualifications. Management are helpful. Good company as a whole. I really enjoyed working there.

Used to be great

Used to be such a wonderful home to work in, but head office don't care anymore, the clients needs are getting greater but we're just expected to carry on as usual, no additional staff or training provided. No support, no ones concerns are listened to, communication is atrocious, the building is falling down, the pets aren't looked after properly and the clients end up not recieving the care they deserve because the wonderful team of carers that work there simply don't have the time to give them as there is so much that needs doing. Understaffed, underappreciated, and management and higher just don't care anymore. Its not about looking after the elderly anymore it's about making money, and no care home should be considered a for profit organisation. I cannot fault the carers, cooks, cleaners, maintenance, they're all doing their best in a terrible situation, it's the company that are atrocious, they just don't care anymore, not about their staff or their clients, just about making money.

Good place for career progression

Care homes maintain high standards and quality. Very supportive and helpful team members. Vast structure of management, hence more opportunities for development. Trainings provided are excellent and very informative. Would recommend this company to anyone.

Very good place to work

It's a good company to work ,providing excellent care and safest home for living the residents . management are very good and supportive .Most importantly the excel care providing flexible shift for every staffs.

Sucks

Don't bother, shambles. Organisation is awful, management ineffective but every now and again they'll patronise you with staff appreciation day and give you a cookie or something equally insulting.

Health care assistant

Happy to be a part of a very supportive family. Giving importance to each of the team members even in a busy schedule and got an informative training program. Supportive management team. Happy to be a part of this family

Great team management

It is extremely rewarding! ...You are appreciated and valued. ...You will gain valuable life skills. ...It is very flexible. ...Every day is different. ...You will have a career for life. ...Get qualifications via your employer. ...You can shape your career path.

Horrible

Management has no respect for staff, they don't appreciate staff, always short of staff with no cover, over worked staff with who keep getting annual leave refusal. Cheats staff money wise. No carrier progression unless you are the manager's favourite.

Pros

Cons

So many

Awful place to work. Avoid! Avoid!

If your planning on joining this company/place of work I would strongly advice you to change your mind. Okeley is an awful place to be and work. Everyone is out to get you and stab you in the back when they can. Management have their favourites and are poor at managing anything. The home is more about what it’s decorated like more then the actual care of residents. Nothing you do is appreciated nor good enough. Please avoid.

Very supportive family company

I am the current home manager at The Willows in Milton Keynes, unfortunately due to relocation and family commitments I am about to depart. Excelcare really are a family and the support, encouragement and leadership at all levels is fantastic. The support from the regional team is nothing I can compare to any other employer I have worked for previously. This can also be said from the support office and those who work there. I will be very sad to leave, and will miss all the team members who do a fantastic job caring for all the people who live at The Willows.

care being FAMILY

I'm an RGN at Castlemead court for about 9 months and it has been best decision ever to take this job. Team is ready to support and help, management always there to hear and ready to deal with any inconvenience, Residents are very well looked after and happy, I'm ever so grateful and proud to be part of this wonderful family. Thank you team Castlemead.

Excellent company to work for. Great team spirit and very supportive management.

I have worked for here for almost 9 years. I love my job and the people I work with. Senior management have always been supportive throughout my years here. I find coming to work here very rewarding. There are always opportunities to upskill and training is always available for advancement.

Pros

Becoming a part of an extended family and working with a great team of people.

amazing team and lovely residents who bring joy to every day

Castlemead is an amazing place to work. I started my career in care 8 years ago when I was 19 and have progressed through the company over the years gaining skills and knowledge along the way. The team is amazing and I could not be prouder of where I work. Excelcare as a company try hard to keep their pay fair and competitive and show their appreciation to staff for their hard work especially over covid years with gift, gestures and benefits. Management are keen to support and help where they can and keep staff engaged in the wider community projects, so it's a great family feel to the home.

A fun place to work where you are part of a family

I have worked at castlemead for over 5 years now. They are a good place to work for with good rates of pay and great training opportunities. The manager has a open door policy and is fair.Yez the work is hard but very rewarding.I am a nurse on the dementia unit and enjoy every minute of the day. Everyone is treated equalCome and work with us you really will love it

Pros

Working with people who become your family Free tea and coffee Treats ie chocolates pizza cookies

Cons

Too be honest none

ExcellentFunSupportive

I have been with Excelcare Holdings Ltd and been very supported to complete my role. The Senior Management are very involved in the day to day running of the homes and are always on hand to support. The company is generous with incentives for Team Members and always put members of the Excelcare Family first.- Supportive- Development of Team Members and promotion from within.- Excellent training support.- Lovely clean homes- Experienced Regional Team

Brilliant company to work with.

I have worked here for 6 years. The company is supportive. There is a lovely atmosphere. I enjoy coming to work and is very rewarding! Overall brilliant company to work for.

Pros

Supported and possibilities to progress in your career

Cons

Long hours but very rewarding

A very terrible work experience of my life

No regard for staff welfare and management don't seems to care but the job to be done. No support and most days you will never finish on time and they do not pay for overtime, even when emergencies occur. Excess workload with unreasonable expectation.

Pros

Pay was good comparatibly

Cons

Poor management support and you feel that you are just a number.

Great learning opportunities and great team work

I really enjoy working here, great learning development opportunities, great support from management, fantastic residents and has a real family feel. Free lunches, great rates of pay and opportunities to excel in your career.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours but flys by

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Excelcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement