Excelcare

Excelcare Employee Reviews

Since I started working here it has been a learning curve , having previous experience came in handy. If you are hard working and can put your all into the job then it is a good place for you to work. A lot of energy , time , effort and heart is put into working here. It can be challenging , especially at present with current situations globally effecting how we operate and the pressure put on all of us . The workplace is full of hard working , dedicated , committed staff who go above and beyond to make sure those who live here are given the best care possible. It is a honour to work for a company like this , however there are some disadvantages that come with working within this sector that do take a lot up a lot of your energy and you have to have a lot of determination. This is not the companies issue whatsoever and an overall observation on working within care sector as a whole. Adjustments are made if necessary to working days to accommodate family life and they promote and encourage you to put forward ideas and express thoughts , feelings and opinions in a positive way.
Pros
Friendly staff, different challenges daily, free lunches, rewarding, sense of achievement, pride in helping others, sense of responsibility to provide and work at your best, the ability to voice opinions and put ideas forward.
Cons
Hard work, not for people who dont want to put the effort in, sometimes difficult balance between home and work life.
Very friendly staff and nice place to work. Great now it has a new manager. Clean and Tidy . Manager helps you out if you cannot do certain shifts as long as you can be flexible for her too so it always works both ways. I was new to care and this place has really helped me with my training and getting through a NVQ in care which is great.
Pros
Flexible/ Good Training/ Lovely manager
Cons
Complaints from staff are ignored by management. Poor management, favoritism is observed. Staff are coerced to do extra shift (5-6 duty/week), if you say no, they will tell you you don't have team. They will ask you to do extra work like handle 2 floors and do medications on both floors. always understaffed, managers never helped us, hence add more work to us. Managers shout at staff
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Staff blaming, no work life balance, managers dont care
Good company to work for enjoyed my time there good staff friendly environment nice chatting to all the patients and their families clean safe workplace
I have worked work here for a few months and am really enjoying my new role. I hadnt worked in care before but have been really supported in my learning. I feel i have a real chance to progress with the possibility of doing an NVQ to further myself.
Pros
friendly staff and management
I have been working for this care home for a couple of months now and it’s also now under new management which has made my job much better . Manager has sorted out all issues that was needed and had made this care home a much better place to work in . Staff and residents are lovely . Any issues are resolved straight away which is great and was needed . Love working here now.
Pros
Management/staff and residents
Cons
None now
Badly organised ,conveyer belt care ,no time for residents always rushing around ,too much nepotism ,all round bad atmosphere on unit I worked .bad !!
Cons
Brilliant company to work for and always supported If needed. Owner mr ertosun is brilliant. He listens and is always interested in what is going on and offers support if needed. For someone who has quite a few homes this is so good that he takes an individual interest and he cares about people
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
If you're looking for a place to work, where team appreciation days are the norm, where people have worked for the company for over 10, 20 & 30 years - this is the place for you!!Development in your role - Your ambitions supported? = Excelcare The family values that underpin the philosophy of care for the people who live in & work in the care homes - mean that if you are honest, reliable, keen to learn, open to feedback and willing to collaborate with your peers - you will absolutely have a long, happy & fulfilling career at Excelcare.
Pros
Senior Leadership Team that know the care business from every role
Cons
There aren't really any - Care Homes require people with heart
Absolutely love my job at Excelcare, great team who work well together to give the best for their residents. Everyday is different & being able to share special moments with the people we care for is an honour.
Pros
Family company
The head office staff are very approachable and very rewarding. team work is everything and everyone works well together. and issues are dealt with in a professional manner.
Pros
teamwork, rewarding
Very understaffed unless head office or CQC coming manager sits in office with her favorites drinking coffee and eating cakes most of the day slagging staff members off horrible atmosphere nasty place to work and if you're a person that voices your opinion and likes to care for people you will soon be pushed out the door by the backstabbers as they don't like people that have opinions avoid
Pros
The residents
Cons
Inadequate manager that likes to delegate rather than do
23 July 2020
Hi there, this is the People Team at Head Office. Thank you for taking time to post your review. We note the content and this will be followed up accordingly.
Line manager two-faced and backstabber. Home manager and management team bullies, you're just a number not a colleague and if your face don't fit look out because you would be treated disgracefully. Lost loads of good reliable staff in my 3 years there due to bad management team. Out of all the staff there, 1% could be trusted the rest think they are management but are not too many chiefs not enough Indians especially where activities are concerned
23 July 2020
I recently joined the company and I am part of a very welcoming and friendly team. There is a family feel to the region and within the homes too. Providing the highest standards of care to the residents and ensuring the staff's wellbeing is promoted seem to be at the heart of the company's ethos.
23 July 2020
Hi there, Recruitment Team here. Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you are happy and your start with the company is going well.
Great place to work except just wish the nurse in charge wasn't bias in her conduct with the cares. The place is clean, residents are highly cared for at Bromley Excel care. While not always agreed with the manager. Who say managing is easy? Salary? You can survive Staffing? You will need to find your balance. M
Pros
Surviving salary
Cons
Nurse in charge is cultural biases
23 July 2020
Hi there, Recruitment Team here. thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I started working here in April 2020 and was made to feel part of the team from day one. the staff and management were very friendly and very informative.
Pros
Caring Friendly envionment
23 July 2020
Hi there, Recruitment Team here. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we are delighted to hear that your new job is going well.
I only have good things to say, the staff are friendly and hard working, nothing is ever too much trouble. Always a clean and safe environment to work in.
Pros
Amazing team
23 July 2020
Hi there, Recruitment Team here. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that your new role is going well.
I would recommend this company not only for people looking for work but for people looking for a new home for their family member or a friend. I work for such an amazing team. Management is amazing and so supportive. Carers are so caring and giving. Excellent training courses provided for all staff. I am so grateful for the staff and company I work for, we are all a big family.
23 July 2020
Hi there, Recruitment Team here. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that your experience of working for the Excelcare family is such a positive one.
Left midway through first shift after witnessing staff verbally degrading residents, appalling manual handling (residents dragged up off floor by their armpits by nurse and staff member), no concept of IDDSI. Clearly poorly trained staff who also had no idea of how to approach and speak to someone living with Dementia or that residents should be sitting up before being assisted eat/drink
23 July 2020
Hi there, People Team here. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We have noted the content and this will be followed up accordingly.
Just don't go there with this company.. I believe that the management I worked under has no retired so perhaps better luck? If there was ever a problem no-one was taken seriously unless it was directly affecting the manager.. I had to leave because of work related stress made me incredibly ill.. Its about time the owner listened to the carers because they're the ones running the place.. Perhaps they can buy proper equipment and flannels now!
23 July 2020
Hi there, People Team here. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The content has been noted and followed up accordingly.
Full of family members and friends of friends. One rule for one, one rule for the other. Management are unhelpful unsupportive and only care about an issue if it affects their day/life. No opportunities for progression, quality of care isn't good. Staff spend all day spreading rumours and talking behind each others backs. Management lie to save their own skin. Management only interested in the residents when it makes them look good. Money orientated and run staff so thin. The worst two years of my life. Stay AWAY.
23 July 2020
Hi there, People Team here. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The content has been noted and will be followed up accordingly.
  1. Employee reviews