Exemplar Health Care
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Exemplar Health Care Employee Reviews

Exemplar is a great place to work if you are experienced in healthcare. Very little support is given to new to the industry healthcare assistants. Management are happy to throw you into moving and handling on the second day with no training and then complain when procedures aren’t followed correctly. Expect to be told how to carry out one task two different ways. When I applied for this job I was lead to believe I would be a support worker until my first day where the job was actually healthcare assistant. On the positive side, staff you will work with daily are very friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, slack induction training
6 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate being new to care can seem quite daunting so I am saddened to hear you haven’t felt supported with your training. We want to assure you that following your Induction and subsequent shadow shifts all new colleagues have the necessary training to be competent and qualified to provide the best possible care. Please contact me as soon as possible, so that I can ensure you’re booked on all the necessary training and support you further. Lauren Brooke, Core Learning and LMS ManagerEmail: lbrooke@exemplarhc.com Work Number: 01709565700
This job is the most stressful job I’ve ever experienced. Of course you’re working with mentally ill people, however the service users aren’t the issue. It’s the management and above. Don’t be fooled by the “benefits” you receive because there isn’t any. Management and above will put a lot of pressure on you and expect results without regarding your own mental health. You will get no guidance, recognition or help with anything within this company. There is no interest in the service users actual needs or lifestyle, it’s all to look good for CQC.
Working for this company was great, not everyday was the same and that’s what makes it good, great teamwork, work colleagues turn in to amazing friends, career progression.
Pros
Breaks, career progression
Cons
Staff shortage
It was nice to work here, supportive colleagues and management. Ongoing training so you can develop your knowledge while working. Pretty much a good company, just the salary is bit low and but routes are not very good.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Hours, bus routes and salary
6 April 2021
Thank you for your review and feedback We are glad to hear you felt fully supported during your time with us and we are pleased you enjoyed all the training and development that is on offer.
I have worked at Ribble View now for over 12 months and is definitely the best care home I have worked in. Could never see my self anywhere else from now. All the service users and staff are always really happy and there’s never ever negativity in the work place. The management are great aswell, always happy to help staff or service users. Here’s to another year at Ribble view.
Pros
Very caring and happy place.
6 April 2021
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Ribble View and what a journey the last 12months have been. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.We are grateful to have you as part of the team.
What a toxic place to work....All of which has been officially reported and nothing is done. Everything is brushed under the carpet and no one wants to hear any complaints, however if you do complain or have an opinion you are then made out to be the troublemaker. A lot of staff there are excellent, and were fantastic to work with, but there are certain ones that let others carry them, sit and watch TV most of day and generally don't do a lot, and other staff that don't know the 1st thing about care. Thank god the one lead nurse works there otherwise it would be even worse.....The office management definitely have their favourites...best thing about the place was the front door when I decided to walk out.....
Pros
Some great staff
Cons
Complaints ignored... favouritism....being made to feel worthless
16 March 2021
I am extremely sorry to hear that your experience at Exemplar has not been positive one.At Exemplar the opinions of our colleagues and our former colleagues are extremely important to us and therefore I would be more than happy to discuss any concerns you wish to raise further, so they can be looked into. My contact email is jharker@exemplarhc.com Jonathan Harker Regional Director of Operations
Quality staff and management really enjoyed my time here in 2020 especially during lockdown.Felt more like a family than work and it's all about supporting people and staff members/guests to the highest manner.Always willing to listen to your issues/concerns.Would recommend as anyone who wants a breath of fresh air in the work of administration and healthcare.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible rotas
3 March 2021
Thank you for your comments and your commitment to making every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues through the
Been at Eastlands for a number of years. Interview was in the home and training done in Rotherham. Staff friendly and really care for each service user. On going training good and now most completed on company training app.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
12 hours shifts
26 February 2021
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Eastlands. So glad to have you as part of the Eastlands team. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
The induction was comprehensive and really good travelled to Rotherham but expenses all paid nice lunch etcBack on site that was when you could see the real thing !!!Nursing staff treat you like lowest of low , management not much betterthey spent hours out on smoke breaks but never tried to help always demanding , so set in their ways it was impossible I am sure other establishments in this group must be better but the one I worked as was a nightmare
Pros
Cons
not treat with respect, expected to run around like a servant
15 March 2021
I am very sorry to read about your experience with Exemplar Health Care, I will be happy to discuss the specifics of what you have written about your time with our company in more details, my direct contact mrushton@exemplarhc.comMark Rushton, Regional Director of Operations.
I enjoyed my time at Rochdale, I had to leave due to health issues and miss the residents the mostI found management at the time supportive and helpful but many of the staff left a lot to be desired. From nursing staff doing very little to other workers acting like they ran the place, young inexperienced staff, and downright lazy staff it was difficult to get team cohesion. This meant breaks missed and staff being chased up for negligence of other essential duties.I believe that things have improved over recent times which can only make a good service great I miss working there....
Pros
Nice residents, some really nice staff
Cons
Very poor pay for role, a few undesirable staff
1 February 2021
Thank you very much for the positive comments in relation to your work with Exemplar Health Care. Very sorry to hear that you left due to health issues. If your situation recovers we would love to hear from you. In the meantime if you would like to speak to me please contact me via email on kpaterson@exemplarhc.com. Take care. Karen Paterson
I made the move into care during Covid from a different field, and I haven't looked back, Exemplar have been amazing by giving me the training I need, especially on equipment I have never used before. Management are approachable and always try to make time for you if you want a word, the service users are fantastic, even though I have shed a few tears in support of their frustration. There have been ups and downs (it wouldn't be natural if there hadn't have been) but overall I'm happy
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Wages could be higher
1 February 2021
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to have you on board our team of dedicated Care colleagues. It is always really good to hear people are happy working at Yarningdale. We strive constantly to provide a positive environment for our service users and people like yourself make such a difference to their lives. Please continue to live our values in Making Every day Better!Debbie SmithHome Manager
I lost my job in hospitality so I applied for a job with exemplar health care even tho it's less money that I was on ...I can say the job is very rewarding it is my first care job and I've stuck to the training and got my care certificate to which I'm proud off ....Ive even managed to to be trained in trackky care ...cough assit and suction
Pros
Good work place people work as a team
21 January 2021
We are pleased to hear you are enjoying all the training and development that is on offer to support your development and to ensure you are confident in providing the best care possible. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
I started with Exemplar Healthcare, working in Head Office in October 2020, during the Corona Virus pandemic after being made redundant from my previous job. The interview process was via Zoom for safety reasons, but was thorough, informative and relaxed. I was offered the job within a few days and started within a few weeks once the relevant checks had been completed. I was given the opportunity to work in the office or from home when the option was available, and met with several members of the team in the office and the rest via Zoom. I was made to feel extremely welcome by all. Both training and management have been great and I feel very supported. I was initially hired on a 6 month contract and made permanent within 2 months. After my recent redundancy, I feel really secure here at Exemplar and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new role! The benefits are fantastic, and the work life balance is great. As the pandemic continues, I still feel really supported and confident in the company I work for. The culture is lovely, everyone is so welcoming from whatever team/home that may be. I can't speak highly enough of Exemplar and the people there!
Pros
Work life balance, people, cuture
19 January 2021
We are really pleased you feel you have job security. The growth plans over the next 5 years are very exciting for Exemplar Health Care and we are thrilled you are part of this journey with us. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
AVOID at all costs! Management VERY unapproachable ( they have there favourites ) with staff members that are team leaders but don’t even have a level 1 never mind 2 and 3 ( favourites ) management have a very poor attitude towards there staff leaving staff to feel like they can’t speak to anyone. Didn’t help me whatsoever with my shadow shifts except they just chucked me into the deep end put me with residents 1-1 who I didn’t have no shadow or training with. When spoke to management that I felt uncomfortable they said “is this important and go and find the staff on the floor” I suffer with anxiety and many staff members have left due to poor management that’s why the home has never ever had a good CQC rating! Awful company do not work for these horrid management they make you go home and feel like utter rubbish although you have done something wrong!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
11 January 2021
I am very sorry to read your account of your time with Exemplar Health Care. We aim to create a very positive environment from the very start of your application and, for extra support, pair new recruits with an experienced ‘buddy’ through their induction.We do have a new management team in place and recent Quality reviews by local authorities have been very complimentary about the progress the home has made. Your feedback is disappointing to read and I regret that you have not shared the positive experience like our other employees have. We take all such feedback very seriously and I will be happy for you contact me, at mrushton@exemplarhc.com or on 07494898846 to discuss this matter further.Mark Rushton, Regional Director of Operations
This was the most unsupportive place I have worked the manger was the most unsupportive person there and is not interested about staff, this is Why they are always advertising as its a revolving door for employment.you will never be appreciated there.working late every night no extra pay.Doing everything asked and its still not enough.The care staff are excellent and I miss them and the service user only.
Pros
Cons
everything
2 December 2020
I am really sorry to hear that your experience has not been positive. Over 77% of colleagues taking part in a recent engagement survey reported they enjoy their work at Eastlands. We really value your feedback and we will use your comments to review the service experience and enable any lessons learned to be utilised to benefit the service going forward. Your voice is important to us and I would be more than happy to discuss your experience further, my direct contact is dnorth@exemplarhc.com Donna North Regional Director of Operations.
what can i say about it well the day staff upstairs are lazy and relaxing on they phone all day they don't pick up after themselves they are horrible i dont talk to them no thank you or hello just nothing its all family members and friends so if you are not family members your face don't fit they do nothing about anything if you want report something (pointless ) they care home falling apart need work done on it so if you want get bully and easy job well work for them
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
26 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I would like to say I am truly sorry about your experience as an employee of Exemplar Health Care.We take the respectful treatment of our team members very seriously and I am concerned about this issues you have raised. We are a company that listens and learns from its colleagues and I am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me at kbroderick@exemplarhc.com Kerry Broderick, Regional Director of Operations
Management attitude appauling, staff teams very cliquey, very hard to integrate into teams, bullying and discrimination is swept under the carpet, payment is never fully made and constantly chasing up the money that you are owed, policies aren't met by the managment, if your face doesn't fit then you aren't liked or treat fairly. No work/home life balance. Days off they constantly badger you to pick shifts up even on the sick. Getting colleagues to contact you by unprofessional methods. Unpaid training and breaks, overworked and understaffed/paid
Pros
Cons
Where do I start
5 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read about your negative experience. It would be useful to gain more information about the concerns you have raised so we can investigate further. If you would be happy to discuss these in more detail please contact myself, Karen Paterson, Regional Director at kpaterson@exemplarhc.com.
Induction was the best experience and really filled me with confidence. Service users are at the forefront 100% which is lovely to be part of. Fascinating place to learn new skills and grow as a person. Exemplar offers great progression to further knowledge and careers which i think is fantastic! The higher management always acknowledge the extra effort on stressful days/ situations which always lightens the day! Wages are quite poor however which is a shame. Little battle of the wills with some of the lower management sometimes but the support workers as a team are unbelievable. Full effort day in and day out. Some of the best teamwork I've witnessed! Thank you exemplar!
Pros
Progression opportunities
Cons
Wages
3 November 2020
We are really pleased you had the best experience whilst on your induction and that this has continued through to joining the team at the home.Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
Had a bespoke induction lasting 4 weeks which I’ve never seen before, staff are brilliant and all help each other, Manager and CNM are very approachable and will help out whenever needed we have a great team working at Tyne grange couldn’t be happier
Pros
Good teamwork, approachable management beautiful home
3 November 2020
It is great to hear you enjoyed the bespoke induction and that you feel supported by management. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
Iv never had a start anywhere like exemplar from day one I felt like I’d been there forever they really value there staff as well as are service users your not scared to speak out your opinion and the teamwork is outstanding !
29 October 2020
We are really pleased you are enjoying your role at Tyne Grange and we value your feedback. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
Very unprofessional manager at the time I left. The reason I left was because I was bullied out by her, I loved the job service users and the people I worked with but she drove me out. Which is a shame because I never wanted to leave.
Pros
Service users and staff.
Cons
Poor management
29 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback.I will be happy to discuss the specifics of what you have written about your time with the company in more details, my direct contact dnorth@exemplarhc.com Donna North, Regional Director of Operations.