Exemplar Health Care

Exemplar Health Care Employee Reviews

Been at Eastlands for a number of years. Interview was in the home and training done in Rotherham. Staff friendly and really care for each service user. On going training good and now most completed on company training app.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
12 hours shifts
26 February 2021
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Eastlands. So glad to have you as part of the Eastlands team. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
The induction was comprehensive and really good travelled to Rotherham but expenses all paid nice lunch etcBack on site that was when you could see the real thing !!!Nursing staff treat you like lowest of low , management not much betterthey spent hours out on smoke breaks but never tried to help always demanding , so set in their ways it was impossible I am sure other establishments in this group must be better but the one I worked as was a nightmare
Pros
Cons
not treat with respect, expected to run around like a servant
I enjoyed my time at Rochdale, I had to leave due to health issues and miss the residents the mostI found management at the time supportive and helpful but many of the staff left a lot to be desired. From nursing staff doing very little to other workers acting like they ran the place, young inexperienced staff, and downright lazy staff it was difficult to get team cohesion. This meant breaks missed and staff being chased up for negligence of other essential duties.I believe that things have improved over recent times which can only make a good service great I miss working there....
Pros
Nice residents, some really nice staff
Cons
Very poor pay for role, a few undesirable staff
1 February 2021
Thank you very much for the positive comments in relation to your work with Exemplar Health Care. Very sorry to hear that you left due to health issues. If your situation recovers we would love to hear from you. In the meantime if you would like to speak to me please contact me via email on kpaterson@exemplarhc.com. Take care. Karen Paterson
I made the move into care during Covid from a different field, and I haven't looked back, Exemplar have been amazing by giving me the training I need, especially on equipment I have never used before. Management are approachable and always try to make time for you if you want a word, the service users are fantastic, even though I have shed a few tears in support of their frustration. There have been ups and downs (it wouldn't be natural if there hadn't have been) but overall I'm happy
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Wages could be higher
1 February 2021
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to have you on board our team of dedicated Care colleagues. It is always really good to hear people are happy working at Yarningdale. We strive constantly to provide a positive environment for our service users and people like yourself make such a difference to their lives. Please continue to live our values in Making Every day Better!Debbie SmithHome Manager
I lost my job in hospitality so I applied for a job with exemplar health care even tho it's less money that I was on ...I can say the job is very rewarding it is my first care job and I've stuck to the training and got my care certificate to which I'm proud off ....Ive even managed to to be trained in trackky care ...cough assit and suction
Pros
Good work place people work as a team
21 January 2021
We are pleased to hear you are enjoying all the training and development that is on offer to support your development and to ensure you are confident in providing the best care possible. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
I started with Exemplar Healthcare, working in Head Office in October 2020, during the Corona Virus pandemic after being made redundant from my previous job. The interview process was via Zoom for safety reasons, but was thorough, informative and relaxed. I was offered the job within a few days and started within a few weeks once the relevant checks had been completed. I was given the opportunity to work in the office or from home when the option was available, and met with several members of the team in the office and the rest via Zoom. I was made to feel extremely welcome by all. Both training and management have been great and I feel very supported. I was initially hired on a 6 month contract and made permanent within 2 months. After my recent redundancy, I feel really secure here at Exemplar and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new role! The benefits are fantastic, and the work life balance is great. As the pandemic continues, I still feel really supported and confident in the company I work for. The culture is lovely, everyone is so welcoming from whatever team/home that may be. I can't speak highly enough of Exemplar and the people there!
Pros
Work life balance, people, cuture
19 January 2021
We are really pleased you feel you have job security. The growth plans over the next 5 years are very exciting for Exemplar Health Care and we are thrilled you are part of this journey with us. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
AVOID at all costs! Management VERY unapproachable ( they have there favourites ) with staff members that are team leaders but don’t even have a level 1 never mind 2 and 3 ( favourites ) management have a very poor attitude towards there staff leaving staff to feel like they can’t speak to anyone. Didn’t help me whatsoever with my shadow shifts except they just chucked me into the deep end put me with residents 1-1 who I didn’t have no shadow or training with. When spoke to management that I felt uncomfortable they said “is this important and go and find the staff on the floor” I suffer with anxiety and many staff members have left due to poor management that’s why the home has never ever had a good CQC rating! Awful company do not work for these horrid management they make you go home and feel like utter rubbish although you have done something wrong!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
11 January 2021
I am very sorry to read your account of your time with Exemplar Health Care. We aim to create a very positive environment from the very start of your application and, for extra support, pair new recruits with an experienced ‘buddy’ through their induction.We do have a new management team in place and recent Quality reviews by local authorities have been very complimentary about the progress the home has made. Your feedback is disappointing to read and I regret that you have not shared the positive experience like our other employees have. We take all such feedback very seriously and I will be happy for you contact me, at mrushton@exemplarhc.com or on 07494898846 to discuss this matter further.Mark Rushton, Regional Director of Operations
This was the most unsupportive place I have worked the manger was the most unsupportive person there and is not interested about staff, this is Why they are always advertising as its a revolving door for employment.you will never be appreciated there.working late every night no extra pay.Doing everything asked and its still not enough.The care staff are excellent and I miss them and the service user only.
Pros
Cons
everything
2 December 2020
I am really sorry to hear that your experience has not been positive. Over 77% of colleagues taking part in a recent engagement survey reported they enjoy their work at Eastlands. We really value your feedback and we will use your comments to review the service experience and enable any lessons learned to be utilised to benefit the service going forward. Your voice is important to us and I would be more than happy to discuss your experience further, my direct contact is dnorth@exemplarhc.com Donna North Regional Director of Operations.
what can i say about it well the day staff upstairs are lazy and relaxing on they phone all day they don't pick up after themselves they are horrible i dont talk to them no thank you or hello just nothing its all family members and friends so if you are not family members your face don't fit they do nothing about anything if you want report something (pointless ) they care home falling apart need work done on it so if you want get bully and easy job well work for them
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
26 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I would like to say I am truly sorry about your experience as an employee of Exemplar Health Care.We take the respectful treatment of our team members very seriously and I am concerned about this issues you have raised. We are a company that listens and learns from its colleagues and I am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me at kbroderick@exemplarhc.com Kerry Broderick, Regional Director of Operations
Management attitude appauling, staff teams very cliquey, very hard to integrate into teams, bullying and discrimination is swept under the carpet, payment is never fully made and constantly chasing up the money that you are owed, policies aren't met by the managment, if your face doesn't fit then you aren't liked or treat fairly. No work/home life balance. Days off they constantly badger you to pick shifts up even on the sick. Getting colleagues to contact you by unprofessional methods. Unpaid training and breaks, overworked and understaffed/paid
Pros
Cons
Where do I start
5 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read about your negative experience. It would be useful to gain more information about the concerns you have raised so we can investigate further. If you would be happy to discuss these in more detail please contact myself, Karen Paterson, Regional Director at kpaterson@exemplarhc.com.
Induction was the best experience and really filled me with confidence. Service users are at the forefront 100% which is lovely to be part of. Fascinating place to learn new skills and grow as a person. Exemplar offers great progression to further knowledge and careers which i think is fantastic! The higher management always acknowledge the extra effort on stressful days/ situations which always lightens the day! Wages are quite poor however which is a shame. Little battle of the wills with some of the lower management sometimes but the support workers as a team are unbelievable. Full effort day in and day out. Some of the best teamwork I've witnessed! Thank you exemplar!
Pros
Progression opportunities
Cons
Wages
3 November 2020
We are really pleased you had the best experience whilst on your induction and that this has continued through to joining the team at the home.Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
Had a bespoke induction lasting 4 weeks which I’ve never seen before, staff are brilliant and all help each other, Manager and CNM are very approachable and will help out whenever needed we have a great team working at Tyne grange couldn’t be happier
Pros
Good teamwork, approachable management beautiful home
3 November 2020
It is great to hear you enjoyed the bespoke induction and that you feel supported by management. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
Iv never had a start anywhere like exemplar from day one I felt like I’d been there forever they really value there staff as well as are service users your not scared to speak out your opinion and the teamwork is outstanding !
29 October 2020
We are really pleased you are enjoying your role at Tyne Grange and we value your feedback. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
Very unprofessional manager at the time I left. The reason I left was because I was bullied out by her, I loved the job service users and the people I worked with but she drove me out. Which is a shame because I never wanted to leave.
Pros
Service users and staff.
Cons
Poor management
29 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback.I will be happy to discuss the specifics of what you have written about your time with the company in more details, my direct contact dnorth@exemplarhc.com Donna North, Regional Director of Operations.
If you didn’t have the right personality, you would be slightly outcasted by the staff. Staff would accuse other employees of serious issues just for gossip. Timesheets were always incorrect and I was always underpaid for brutal 12 hour shifts due to the issues above. Management didn’t sympathise with any personal issues staff would bring to them in confidence when conflicting their work. External higher ups would be considerably worse. You won’t get a break. The staff will underestimate you. All of this for minimum wage. Basically, for the sake of your mental health, don’t apply.
Pros
2 of the staff were decent
Cons
Literally everything else
20 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I would like to say I am truly sorry about your experience as an employee of Exemplar Health Care.We take the respectful treatment of our team members very seriously and I am concerned about this issues you have raised. We are a company that listens and learns from its colleagues and we are keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact myself or one of my colleagues on the email addresses below Donna North - dnorth@exemplarhc.com Claire Ward - cward@exemplarhc.com Kerry Broderick - kbroderick@exemplarhc.com Regional Directors of Operations
Worked here for nearly 2 years and hate it. There is a fast turn over of staff as people just don't stay with all the bullying that goes on from team leader and others. Most of the staff have no previous experience in care as the manager sets just anyone on, making it hard to get work done or stop them from behaving or talking inappropriately with service users. Management has no control over staff at all and rules are never followed. Staff shouldn't sleep on the job but do. Service users needs are ignored. Things you report are either ignore or covered up by the manager. The services users don't get to do activities they want or ask to do instead they get forced into doing things more suitable for 5 year olds. The pay is bad and breaks get missed. It's that horrible working here. I am looking for another job just to get away. This place wants shutting down.
Pros
Training is good before you start.
Cons
Everthing because what you learn in trainning is ignored and doesn't happen at all.
4 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry that your experience and perception of Yarningdale has not been a positive one as here at Exemplar Health Care we strive to make colleague experience a great one. We value and take on board all feedback as it means we are able to make improvements to make every day better for our colleagues and service usersI am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me, Claire Ward at cward@exemplarhc.com
I found this place very clicky, certain carers did not make you feel welcome at all by ignoring you and speaking down to you. Your on a board and allocated 2 hour slots doing different things (ie) 1 to 1s or checks and if certain carers didn't want to do a certain job then they would change their name and put yours there so they didn't have to do it. Then they would say , oh well ive not changed it. I went to manager on numerous occasions but nothing got done. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Helping people who need you
Cons
Too clicky, too hostile and nowt gets done about it.
4 September 2020
I am very sorry to read about your experience with Exemplar Health Care, I will be happy to discuss the specifics of what you have written about your time with our company in more details, my direct contact mrushton@exemplarhc.com Mark Rushton, Regional Director of Operations.
I was a Support worker for Exemplar Health Care. I was a terrible experience working with this company. The management are absolutely vile, have no drive, don’t know anything about running a home. They have poor attitude towards members of staff. Staff members would talk about you with everyone. Management leaked my confidential information with other staff members without me knowing. Members of staff would run to management reporting the most minor things to get you into trouble. I had no support what so ever with any task I ever did. Nurses were absolutely vile and have an attitude problem.
Pros
Leaving
4 August 2020
I am very sorry to read about your experience with Exemplar Health Care, as we take great pride in our recruitment, induction, training and ongoing support that we provide for all our colleagues. I will be very happy to discuss the specifics of what you have written about your time with our company, my number is 07494898846,Mark Rushton, Regional Director of Operations.
I have worked for exemplar (eastlands) for nearly 6 years and I absolutely love it , lovely place lovely people genuine family feeling even more so with the covid 19 pandemic all working together . I have never had a day that I didn’t want to go in to work This is 100% genuine
6 July 2020
Thank you for your comments and your commitment to making every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
not a bad place to work but can be stressful. Just need to focus what you're there for and try to get along with everyone because its colleague and service user led establishment
19 June 2020
Absolutely awful. Awful management and the job advertisement is a LIE. You will not be a support worker, you will be a HCA. My manager was a bully and there is no support for you whatsoever.
30 June 2020
I am really sorry to hear that your experience has not been positive. We really value your feedback, from how the role is described and set out to potential new colleagues prior to commencing in post to the experience whilst working in the service. We will use your comments to review the service experience and enable any lessons learned from your experience to be utilised to benefit the service going forward. Your voice is important to us and I would be more than happy to discuss your experience further, my direct contact is asharp@exemplarhc.com Andrew Sharp, Regional Director of Operations.