Exemplar Health Care
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Exemplar Health Care Employee Reviews

appalling place to work as a general although 1 or 2 units are really good. as a general very toxic, clicky and rumours galore. most care staff seem to really care about the service users but management clearly only care about profit and not the service users or staff's physical or mental health.
Pros
good team to work with as a whole
Cons
poor management and low pay
18 June 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read about your negative experience. It would be useful to gain more information about the concerns you have raised so we can investigate further. If you would be happy to discuss these in more detail please contact myself, Karen Paterson, Regional Director at kpaterson@exemplarhc.com.
Absolutely toxic, and depressing if your face doesn’t fit or your not in the little clique then be prepared to be pushed out and not included, hard work for nowhere near enough money, just absolutely soul destroying AVOID
18 June 2021
I’m extremely disappointed to read that you didn’t enjoy your experience at Neville Court, it is very unusual for us to receive negative feedback and I apologise that you feel this way. We take feedback extremely seriously. Therefore, I’m very keen to understand your experience in further detail and would appreciate it if you could make contact with myself, to give me the opportunity to investigate this matter and learn from it. My email address is lhillman@xemplarhc.com, I look forward to hearing from you, many thanksLisa Hillman, Regional Director of Operations
If you care about your own mental health don’t work here. Too many staff that are in cliques. Management do not support the staff especially when you are seeking support. Under paid for everything you do there. You are not appreciated at all. Long story short, do not work here.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Unappreciated
I'm not sure where mental health awards came from but it is definitely not for the Hull site.I was treated appallingly and forced out of my job to a lower paid job. The work life balance is non existent, you don't get much of a home life atall.You are also paid the same to work during the evening as you are in the day.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Toxicity
28 May 2021
I am very sorry to read your comments about your experience at St Andrew’s Court. We pride ourselves on a thorough induction programme followed by each new colleagues being matched with a Buddy to support them through the first few weeks of their career with Exemplar Health Care. We aim to be as flexible as possible regarding shift patters taking in to account individual circumstances and we go in to great lengths at the interview stage to make sure our requirements match that of the candidates. We have a highly dedicated team at St Andrew’s, many of whom have been with us from when we opened. I am very sorry your experience did not match that of other members of the team. We are always open to feedback to improve and learn from everyone’s experience. My number is 07494898846 if you would like to personally discuss this. Mark Rushton, Regional Director of Operations
The home I work at has a really good atmosphere. The management is excellent to work with and the care is also excellent. I have been on numerous training programmes which helps me enormously in my job .
Pros
Good hours and a good distance to ride to work
17 May 2021
We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your role with Exemplar Health Care and like everyone we all have an important role to play. Great to receive feedback about the training programmes too. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
If you care about service users it is hard to work here as this company only cares about profit. The staff levels are very low which does not allow to give the best service. They have a very high staff turnover and the management never listen to staff concerns
Pros
Parking
Cons
Low pay
17 May 2021
Your voice is important to us and I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns further, my direct contact is mrushton@exemplarhc.com Mark Rushton Regional Director of Operations
Unit was under stress as regularly short staffed. Too many clicks, people with little experience acting like they own the place and lazy. Managers have favourites and allow them to cause even more stress to other staff. Even when advised they do not investigate any issues other that those put forward by favourites. The wages is rubbish. Hours are long and they call you regularly on your days off or on annual leave to come in an cover shifts because they are short staffed all the time. I wouldn't advise anyone to put a member of their families in any of these homes as care isn't adequate. Promises are made that they cannot deliver. Best part of the job was home time.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Hours are long, regularly short staffed, has a click mentality, often unable to take breaks as to busy, breaks are not at set times, bad organisation.
17 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback.I would like to say I am truly sorry about your experience as an employee of Exemplar Health Care.We take the respectful treatment of our team members very seriously and I am concerned about this issues you have raised. Please do contact me to arrange a further discussion kpaterson@exemplarhc.com Karen Paterson, Regional Director of Operations
The staff on the units are very welcoming that's the only pro there is.If you want a manager that doesn't value you and actually introduce herself then this is the place for you, don't use your own initiative or even have any ideas course it will be classed as unprofessional and you will be dismissed on the spot without warning no chance of contacting a union rep. It the worse place I have every worked copperfields care home leeds 9.
Pros
Welcoming staff
Cons
Everything else
17 May 2021
I am very sorry to read your account of your time with Exemplar Health Care. We aim to create a very positive environment from the very start, We take all such feedback very seriously and I will be happy for you contact me, at mrushton@exemplarhc.com to discuss this matter further. Mark Rushton Regional Director of Operations
Very profit driven, trying to squeeze as much as possible. Many staff are friendly but this is overshadowed by strange policies and putting profit over residents.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Low pay
17 May 2021
We really value your feedback. If you do wish to share further information on your feedback please contact me on lhillman@exemplarhc.com Lisa Hillman, Regional Director of Operations
17 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback, At Exemplar the opinions of our colleagues and our former colleagues are extremely important to us and therefore I would be more than happy to discuss any concerns you wish to raise further, so they can be looked into. My contact email is lhillman@exemplarhc.com Lisa Hillman Regional Director of Operations
If you have a soul. Do not work here. It is soul destroying, depressing and management are manipulative and nasty. Avoid at all costs. No confidentiality at all, everyone and anyone knows your business. EVEN before you do!
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Poor pay. Breach of confidentiality
17 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me, Lisa Hillman, Regional Director of Operations lhillman@exemplarhc.com
Awful company to work for, no actual help in advancement if that's what you want. If your face fits then you're part of the team. if you don't fit in you're screwed. Management and nurses have got their favourites it's very cliquey and can make people feel uncomfortable there. You're treated as a number and not an employee.
Pros
Friends on the unit
Cons
All nurses and management
17 May 2021
We are a company that listens and learns from its colleagues and I am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me at kpaterson@exemplarhc.com, Karen Paterson, Regional Director of Operations
This job is the most stressful job I’ve ever experienced. Of course you’re working with mentally ill people, however the service users aren’t the issue. It’s the management and above. Don’t be fooled by the “benefits” you receive because there isn’t any. Management and above will put a lot of pressure on you and expect results without regarding your own mental health. You will get no guidance, recognition or help with anything within this company. There is no interest in the service users actual needs or lifestyle, it’s all to look good for CQC.
17 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry that your experience and perception of Ravensdale has not been a positive one as here at Exemplar Health Care we strive to make colleague experience a great one. We value and take on board all feedback as it means we are able to make improvements to make every day better for our colleagues and service usersI am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me, Jonathan Harker Regional Director of Operations, jharker@exemplarhc.com
Working for this company was great, not everyday was the same and that’s what makes it good, great teamwork, work colleagues turn in to amazing friends, career progression.
Pros
Breaks, career progression
Cons
Staff shortage
17 May 2021
Thank you for your review and feedback your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
17 May 2021
You are right not every day is the same, but every day we strive to make the day better than the last for our service users and as a valued colleague you are playing an important part in that. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
Exemplar is a great place to work if you are experienced in healthcare. Very little support is given to new to the industry healthcare assistants. Management are happy to throw you into moving and handling on the second day with no training and then complain when procedures aren’t followed correctly. Expect to be told how to carry out one task two different ways. When I applied for this job I was lead to believe I would be a support worker until my first day where the job was actually healthcare assistant. On the positive side, staff you will work with daily are very friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, slack induction training
6 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate being new to care can seem quite daunting so I am saddened to hear you haven’t felt supported with your training. We want to assure you that following your Induction and subsequent shadow shifts all new colleagues have the necessary training to be competent and qualified to provide the best possible care. Please contact me as soon as possible, so that I can ensure you’re booked on all the necessary training and support you further. Lauren Brooke, Core Learning and LMS ManagerEmail: lbrooke@exemplarhc.com Work Number: 01709565700
It was nice to work here, supportive colleagues and management. Ongoing training so you can develop your knowledge while working. Pretty much a good company, just the salary is bit low and but routes are not very good.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Hours, bus routes and salary
6 April 2021
Thank you for your review and feedback We are glad to hear you felt fully supported during your time with us and we are pleased you enjoyed all the training and development that is on offer.
I have worked at Ribble View now for over 12 months and is definitely the best care home I have worked in. Could never see my self anywhere else from now. All the service users and staff are always really happy and there’s never ever negativity in the work place. The management are great aswell, always happy to help staff or service users. Here’s to another year at Ribble view.
Pros
Very caring and happy place.
6 April 2021
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Ribble View and what a journey the last 12months have been. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.We are grateful to have you as part of the team.
What a toxic place to work....All of which has been officially reported and nothing is done. Everything is brushed under the carpet and no one wants to hear any complaints, however if you do complain or have an opinion you are then made out to be the troublemaker. A lot of staff there are excellent, and were fantastic to work with, but there are certain ones that let others carry them, sit and watch TV most of day and generally don't do a lot, and other staff that don't know the 1st thing about care. Thank god the one lead nurse works there otherwise it would be even worse.....The office management definitely have their favourites...best thing about the place was the front door when I decided to walk out.....
Pros
Some great staff
Cons
Complaints ignored... favouritism....being made to feel worthless
16 March 2021
I am extremely sorry to hear that your experience at Exemplar has not been positive one.At Exemplar the opinions of our colleagues and our former colleagues are extremely important to us and therefore I would be more than happy to discuss any concerns you wish to raise further, so they can be looked into. My contact email is jharker@exemplarhc.com Jonathan Harker Regional Director of Operations
Quality staff and management really enjoyed my time here in 2020 especially during lockdown.Felt more like a family than work and it's all about supporting people and staff members/guests to the highest manner.Always willing to listen to your issues/concerns.Would recommend as anyone who wants a breath of fresh air in the work of administration and healthcare.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible rotas
3 March 2021
Thank you for your comments and your commitment to making every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues through the
Been at Eastlands for a number of years. Interview was in the home and training done in Rotherham. Staff friendly and really care for each service user. On going training good and now most completed on company training app.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
12 hours shifts
26 February 2021
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Eastlands. So glad to have you as part of the Eastlands team. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.
The induction was comprehensive and really good travelled to Rotherham but expenses all paid nice lunch etcBack on site that was when you could see the real thing !!!Nursing staff treat you like lowest of low , management not much betterthey spent hours out on smoke breaks but never tried to help always demanding , so set in their ways it was impossible I am sure other establishments in this group must be better but the one I worked as was a nightmare
Pros
Cons
not treat with respect, expected to run around like a servant
15 March 2021
I am very sorry to read about your experience with Exemplar Health Care, I will be happy to discuss the specifics of what you have written about your time with our company in more details, my direct contact mrushton@exemplarhc.comMark Rushton, Regional Director of Operations.
I enjoyed my time at Rochdale, I had to leave due to health issues and miss the residents the mostI found management at the time supportive and helpful but many of the staff left a lot to be desired. From nursing staff doing very little to other workers acting like they ran the place, young inexperienced staff, and downright lazy staff it was difficult to get team cohesion. This meant breaks missed and staff being chased up for negligence of other essential duties.I believe that things have improved over recent times which can only make a good service great I miss working there....
Pros
Nice residents, some really nice staff
Cons
Very poor pay for role, a few undesirable staff
1 February 2021
Thank you very much for the positive comments in relation to your work with Exemplar Health Care. Very sorry to hear that you left due to health issues. If your situation recovers we would love to hear from you. In the meantime if you would like to speak to me please contact me via email on kpaterson@exemplarhc.com. Take care. Karen Paterson