Exemplar Health Care

Exemplar Health Care Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Bad

Do not work here managment are really bad do not support staff at all are very rude have no manners at all always change in managment to no one stays long always short staffed new staff that come lucky to keep them 3 months

Pros

Mostly good staff

Cons

No support poor pay

13 October 2021
I am sorry to read your comments about your experience at our care home in Birmingham. Exemplar Health Care have a strong set of company Values that we strive to achieve every day. I apologise if your experience fell short of the high standards we set in making colleagues feel supported and part of a team. I am interested in listening and learning from the points you have raised. My contact number is: 07494898846, or email: mrushton@exemplarhc.com.

A fantastic workplace!

I have been working within Exemplar for over a year now, within that time I have been greatly supported by my colleagues, inclusive of all departments and management. I have been encouraged and supported to progress through the nursing roles within the home into a management position. Exemplar are great at identifying your strengths and areas that need developing, but enable you to positively develop and expand through additional training, supervision, appraisals and coaching. The home manager is open and transparent and works closely with the team across all departments. She is approachable and a great listener. Beyond the immediate home, exemplar have an innovative approach to supporting their homes and are always open to ideas on how we can improve and progress to benefit our service users and colleagues. Havenmere itself are transitioning into a more modern home with technology and refurbishments to improve service users environments and experiences within the home. As a team we strive for excellence within all our colleagues and embrace our core values with passion. #TeamHavenmere!

Pros

Great teamwork, open and honest, innovative, modern, benefits - discounts and rewards, welcome bonus, good rates of pay, support with revalidation, preceptorship programme, development.

Cons

None in my opinion..

9 September 2021
Great to receive your feedback. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.

Great company to work for and a beautiful home to work in alongside a strong management team

I have worked for the company for about 6 months and have been so impressed by the standards of care delivered to our special residents. It is a stressful job at times like every where else .however the management team are so committed to providing a safe effective and well led service for all the residents and staff and they genuinely care about staff welfare and will do anything to help individual people. There is such a happy atmosphere and a fantastic MDT .Beautiful home

Pros

Salary is good and the rota is well devised

Cons

The shifts can be long and tiring

7 July 2021
We agree what a beautiful home Ribble View is. We are so pleased to hear you are settling in well and enjoying your new role with us. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.

Good environment to work

I love go work in Exemplar.Environment is good and collegues are cooperative and supportive all the time.They are very helpful as well.Sometimes work can be stressful because of different types of individual but then staffs help each other and the management is also very supportive.

Cons

Really good company to work for and a fun place

The home I work at has a really good atmosphere. The management is excellent to work with and the care is also excellent. I have been on numerous training programmes which helps me enormously in my job .

Pros

Good hours and a good distance to ride to work

17 May 2021
We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your role with Exemplar Health Care and like everyone we all have an important role to play. Great to receive feedback about the training programmes too. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.

Stressful no backup long hours breaks haphazard low wages

Unit was under stress as regularly short staffed. Too many clicks, people with little experience acting like they own the place and lazy. Managers have favourites and allow them to cause even more stress to other staff. Even when advised they do not investigate any issues other that those put forward by favourites. The wages is rubbish. Hours are long and they call you regularly on your days off or on annual leave to come in an cover shifts because they are short staffed all the time. I wouldn't advise anyone to put a member of their families in any of these homes as care isn't adequate. Promises are made that they cannot deliver. Best part of the job was home time.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Hours are long, regularly short staffed, has a click mentality, often unable to take breaks as to busy, breaks are not at set times, bad organisation.

17 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback.I would like to say I am truly sorry about your experience as an employee of Exemplar Health Care.We take the respectful treatment of our team members very seriously and I am concerned about this issues you have raised. Please do contact me to arrange a further discussion kpaterson@exemplarhc.com Karen Paterson, Regional Director of Operations

Too stringent

Very profit driven, trying to squeeze as much as possible. Many staff are friendly but this is overshadowed by strange policies and putting profit over residents.

Pros

Friendly staff.

Cons

Low pay

17 May 2021
We really value your feedback. If you do wish to share further information on your feedback please contact me on lhillman@exemplarhc.com Lisa Hillman, Regional Director of Operations

17 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback, At Exemplar the opinions of our colleagues and our former colleagues are extremely important to us and therefore I would be more than happy to discuss any concerns you wish to raise further, so they can be looked into. My contact email is lhillman@exemplarhc.com Lisa Hillman Regional Director of Operations

Absolutely disgusting

This job is the most stressful job I’ve ever experienced. Of course you’re working with mentally ill people, however the service users aren’t the issue. It’s the management and above. Don’t be fooled by the “benefits” you receive because there isn’t any. Management and above will put a lot of pressure on you and expect results without regarding your own mental health. You will get no guidance, recognition or help with anything within this company. There is no interest in the service users actual needs or lifestyle, it’s all to look good for CQC.

17 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry that your experience and perception of Ravensdale has not been a positive one as here at Exemplar Health Care we strive to make colleague experience a great one. We value and take on board all feedback as it means we are able to make improvements to make every day better for our colleagues and service usersI am keen to understand your experience further and would value a conversation with you. Please do contact me, Jonathan Harker Regional Director of Operations, jharker@exemplarhc.com

Good company to work

It was nice to work here, supportive colleagues and management. Ongoing training so you can develop your knowledge while working. Pretty much a good company, just the salary is bit low and but routes are not very good.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Hours, bus routes and salary

6 April 2021
Thank you for your review and feedback We are glad to hear you felt fully supported during your time with us and we are pleased you enjoyed all the training and development that is on offer.

Great Induction but on site the staff are in such a clique they don't give you a chance

The induction was comprehensive and really good travelled to Rotherham but expenses all paid nice lunch etcBack on site that was when you could see the real thing !!!Nursing staff treat you like lowest of low , management not much betterthey spent hours out on smoke breaks but never tried to help always demanding , so set in their ways it was impossible I am sure other establishments in this group must be better but the one I worked as was a nightmare

Pros

Cons

not treat with respect, expected to run around like a servant

15 March 2021
I am very sorry to read about your experience with Exemplar Health Care, I will be happy to discuss the specifics of what you have written about your time with our company in more details, my direct contact mrushton@exemplarhc.comMark Rushton, Regional Director of Operations.

Great work life balance, enjoyable place to work

I started with Exemplar Healthcare, working in Head Office in October 2020, during the Corona Virus pandemic after being made redundant from my previous job. The interview process was via Zoom for safety reasons, but was thorough, informative and relaxed. I was offered the job within a few days and started within a few weeks once the relevant checks had been completed. I was given the opportunity to work in the office or from home when the option was available, and met with several members of the team in the office and the rest via Zoom. I was made to feel extremely welcome by all. Both training and management have been great and I feel very supported. I was initially hired on a 6 month contract and made permanent within 2 months. After my recent redundancy, I feel really secure here at Exemplar and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new role! The benefits are fantastic, and the work life balance is great. As the pandemic continues, I still feel really supported and confident in the company I work for. The culture is lovely, everyone is so welcoming from whatever team/home that may be. I can't speak highly enough of Exemplar and the people there!

Pros

Work life balance, people, cuture

19 January 2021
We are really pleased you feel you have job security. The growth plans over the next 5 years are very exciting for Exemplar Health Care and we are thrilled you are part of this journey with us. Thank you for your commitment and hard work to make every day better for our Service Users and Colleagues.

Stressful working with inexperienced staff

Reasonable pay rate for nurses. Training not adequate for type of job. Management wouldn't listen to issue raised by staff. Newly opened care home catering for service users with very complex needs. Very young carers employed with little or no experience of caring for service users with very complex needs.

Worst job I had as a nurse

I worked at Otterburn in Kings Heath when it newly opened 2010 the home was 10 residents on each floor. suppose to be 3 nurses on. Most days you was run off your feet having to manage 2 floors. The management was the worst team you could of ever worked for & the pay was deducted for lunch breaks which you never had time to take. Had to travel to Sheffield for training which was not

Difficult

A very difficult environment to work in, especially as there was no management structure for much of my time with the company. They pay just above minimum wage for dealing with people with very complex needs.

22 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to read that for a lot of your time with Exemplar Health care you felt that there was no management structure in place, I am one of the Regional Director of Operations for the Leeds area, If you would like to contact me to discuss anything further don’t hesitate to contact me, Andrew Sharp, asharp@exemplarhc.com

not what i thought

Theres been so many changes in management coming and going no one knows whats going on making me feel on edge Certain staff been there ages think they own the place and the backstabbing and favouritism that goes on is unreal some lovely residents who ive built a good relationship with Low pay - no extra pay for working weekends They take off 1 hour even when you have annual leave which doesn't seem right. no help when cleaning some rooms as residents didnt like me going in staff no help at all

Friendly company

Nice to work for, would like permanent but not available as my current home and on bank so not always get the hours I need to pay all my bills so looking around for a permanent role

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Not enough hours

Really unprofessional and shocking

Where do I begin, At the top with the managers, they bully you, speak to you like trash, lie to you to get what they want. They praise the people that do nothing and be little the people that actually work hard. The part time admin is the biggest gossip monger going, talk about lack of confidentiality. The stuff she tells people Should Not be leaving that office. Not to mention the bullying family mentality. Who hires several members of the same family it's ludicrous leaves other staff feeling intimidated and undermined. People talk to eachother like rubbish in front of service users, the attitudes of some of the staff is disgusting, the young female cleaning staff spring to mind shouting and scowling in the halls. So unprofessional. Care staff spend most of the time smoking and the rest walking arround miserable as sin slagging eachother off. Senior carers paid more to do less, a lot less actually to do nothing and laugh about it. But guess what, nothing will change. Don't waste your time here please despite them saying it will change. The good staff always get driven out. Unfortunately all the homes are the same because of the mentality of the owners, and head office.

28 June 2019
We are sorry to learn of your experience at Maypole Grove and are grateful that you have made us aware of these issues. Please be assured that all staff who are interrelated in anyway have declared this and signed a ‘Conflict of Interest’ risk assessment. Management continue to monitor staff relationships on a daily basis and will take all necessary steps to avoid any potential issues that may arise from family working together. As an organisation we take confidentiality of our residents and our staff very seriously, and where we feel there is a breach in this, we again will respond in the appropriate way, with those responsible being held to accountability. We rely on people to come forward with any complaints or issues they have so that we can work towards a resolution and ensure that the experience for all our staff is a positive one. Our complaints policy is robust and is communicated throughout the home and via the company app platform. However, we do not appear to have been in receipt of any such formal complaint for the issues you have described in this review. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly about your experience with us, so that we may understand more clearly what happened during your time with us. Please email myself, Steven King direct at sking@exemplarhc.com

Asked to give false review

have been asked by manager to give an excellent review to boost ratings and get people to work here. So please beware of recent 5 star reviews. I will always give correct review I am currently looking for a new job. Not a good employer to work for Please avoid Staff not appreciated There is several members of the same family working here so unprofessional is makes it so uncomfortable to work as lazyness is rife here. Every one is related and family members. This needs to be looked in to. Service users are taken care of BUT how happy can clients truly be if the people taking care of them are not happy themselves.

Pros

Salary is ok

Cons

Many

Working for exemplar

I have worked for exemplar for almost 3 years now based in Birmingham, the commitment held from all collegues including management and managers far awide exemplar has been exceptional, i love my job and the support i recieve whilst at work, we do our best for all our service users and the repay us with their wide spread smiles on their faces. Working for exemplar is fantastic the benefits we recieve is one of a kind the support network is impeccable. Theres always new oppurtunities available for staff to progress further, training that is provided free of charge for specialist care such as tracheostymy, taking bloods, epilepsy, diabetes and so on the oppurtunites are endless.

Pros

Progression in the company, benefits of wprking for what you need.

Cons

I dont see any cons of working for exemplar

Honest review

*training is good as a first time carer or someone new to mental health services *pay is average but good if you have qualifications ( extra for NVQs) *progression is easy ( you dont need to be any good at the job to work your way up) *Annual leave is good in theory but you still get your one hour break a day deducted from your annual leave and if you do not book dates in fast you are told you lose your hours. *Managment are not supportive, under to much pressure and often leave due to stress. There have been some wonderful staff over the last 10 years that no longer work for the company as they are undervalued and unappreciated. *Over run with agency staff now as staff turn over so high *be prepared to have the wrong pay every month, HR & Payroll play the blame game instead of fixing the problem. *managment are so concerned with the exterier of the homes, not the residents inside. The main goal of exemplar is to keep the money rolling in while the service users and staff work and live by the bare minimum. Jobs dont feel safe with exemplar. Ex employee for many years, worked accross lots of homes, met many managers, seniors and top dogs. I would not reccomend this work place A genuine and honest review.

Pros

Pay, progression

Cons

Please read above

fun place to work

i have worked for a month now really enjoying it so rewarding no 2 days are the same good team I work with all friendly and there if you need help can pick your shifts that are suitable for you

Pros

good team

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exemplar Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement