Exeter College

Exeter College Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker4 reviews
United Kingdom4 reviews

collegestudentsupportstaffteamworkinggoodtime

Lovely faculty until the amalgamation with Foundation...

The original learning support was really very good and supportive towards the students. When 2 faculties were amalgamated, the culture changed and any general students who had real support needs lost support almost over a few weeks. Only students with EHCPs continued to be fully supported. I left as the change was being implemented: I could see what was happening and did not agree with it.

Pros

Lots of support for high achieving students

Cons

Poor ethos and culture in FLS. Poorly led with little sympathy for support.

Lovely colleagues but poor management

I would never recommend working for the Foundation department as management is extremely poor. I would recommend it fully for students but never to work directly with the management team they had. Unacceptable behavior from management. They have an amazingly hard working and dedicated team (that they are slowly losing) who are second to none and would work with again in a heart beat. Purely management that lets this workplace down.

Insights into Exeter College

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

becoming very corporate

I worked in Student Support and this used to be good place to work, but not any more. The old crew were lovely , buy most have now left or have been pushed out by the new management team who have a very different,clinical approach to working with Students. I would stay well clear.

Pros

The Students

Cons

everything else

Over-worked, over-stretched staff

Jobs are often misrepresented, higher management provide little to no support or care and staff are expected to work outside the boundaries of their job description. General team sense, however, are positive and cohesive. Most members are friendly and happy to help.

Pros

Great location and support from other team memebers

Cons

Detached, uncaring higher management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exeter College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement