Expect Distribution Ltd

Expect Distribution Ltd Employee Reviews

Loving my job

I joined Expect Distribution last year and was immediately impressed by the business. The induction process was through and useful and really well planned at a time when Covid was still creating challenges.The business is extremely fast paced and is transitioning into a larger business following growth over the last few years but the Board are committed to creating a great workplace as well as offering the best service possible to the customer. Every day is different with lots of opportunities to develop your career and learning along with a strong family ethos.

Pros

Great range of benefits, lovely colleagues, commitment to improving from the Board

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Steer clear!

Stay away! Tackle good. Office terrible. Money average. Management self-obsessed, lack empathy, lacking in hands-on experience mainly graduates.

Pros

New vehicles

Cons

Long hours poor pay no overtime payments micro management management style

27 November 2021
I am sorry to hear that your experience with Expect was not positive. This is not the workplace that we strive to be. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your thoughts further as to how we could improve and you can contact me directly.HEAD OF HR

Awful place stay well clear!

What a terrible experience working for Expect Distribution.Mess you about at short notice. Management appalling.Would NOT recommend anyone to work there.Much better places to work for,where hard work is appreciated....stay well clear!

Pros

Cons

Long hours, under valued, no uniform, scrupulous management

27 November 2021
Thank you for your feedback, I was sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate all of our employees and value your feedback.

Worked for expect for around 2 years, only left due to a completely different career path, however i have recently returned to expect as a second job, this should say how good the place is to work. Some days can be long, however thats the nature of transport and haulage no matter where you work, however the days you do work late, or do something a little extra, you are thanked and i personally have felt appreciated when i do so. The staff are all friendly and i have never had any issues. Reading some of the reviews i feel that these are completely wrong, Expect is a business but i have never felt pressured to conduct tasks i have not felt comfortable with and when speaking to managers they have always been understanding and tried to assist me where possible. Its a good place to work with very nice modern vehicles where for the most part you are assigned your own vehicle (except those that are used for night trunking etc) the directors and managers are constantly asking for feedback to help make things better, and i have noticed a significant change since leaving 2 years ago and rejoining around 6 months ago. Again me returning to expect should speak a thousand words, its a family run business with great values, with directors and managers that are approachable and treat you as friends rather than a cog in a machine.

Pros

Benefit scheme with discount cards and healthcare etc, birthday days off, modern vehicles which is assigned to you, good salary, free uniform, upskilling provided by expect, free cpc conducted on a normal working day (with full pay)

Cons

Can have long days

Fun, family run business with a great work ethic and values.

A great typical working day, feeling included and welcomed the second you enter. Continuously learning on the job, the whos the whats and the hows are explained in detail when the information is needed and never made to feel left out of any internal activities. The business is family owned and is still run with a great family ethic, just on a larger scale, never forgetting the company values. The overall environment is great within the office, with all levels of the company structure interacting with one another on a daily basis.

Expect no life, Really bad experience, No time for personal life :(

I started with Expect two years ago and i have recently left the company because of how i was treated and finish times resulting in a difficult home life but most worrying if i was going to have a job by the end of the week.A typical work day consists of starting at 7am or being told to come in at 5am at last minute. You get your manifest which more than likely consists of two runs (maybe even 4) and by the time you have looked at last page you already know you will be back for your reload at 2pm with another 12 drops for example round Harrogate plus collections.You normally get to your vehicle with no load and normally leave at 9am could be even 09:45 if your lucky already late for your timed deliveries even though the office can see this but they still hound you via your personal phone to find etas and reasons. Workloads are unrealistic again with more and more jobs and collections pushing your working day to nearly 13-15 hour days to add to this misery you are capped with a salary pay and no overtime for any overworked hours, your working for free in most cases because you don't get your overtime. you get any overworked hours at same rate end of Christmas if you make it.You are on edge as the slightest complaint can cost you your job and in that respect i would strongly advise you to think wisely before pressing apply because you will have no life and will always be expected to work over with finishes as late as 20:30 on a evening and do jobs that other people will refuse to do daily and get away with it missing many disciplinary's but one peep from a new driver and -

Pros

Free Uniform, Same truck (if your lucky enough)

Cons

13/15 hour days, No Overtime, No communication, No Organisation

27 April 2021
Thank you for your comment. As a business we are continually striving to do better and create a positive environment for all of our employees. We recognise that our drivers work long hours and have recently put in place new measures to support a more balanced approach. It is important to us that all employees are treated fairly and in line with the company values. We offer a wide range of benefits to all employees and we ensure that they are utilised fully.

Poor management

Very poor organisation and not much of a work life balance if doing distance. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone as the company is only interested in screwing drivers over.

Pros

Cons

Management long hours poor pay and the wagons are the cheapest you will find anywhere

27 April 2021
Thank you for your comment, I am sorry that you did not have a good experience working for Expect Distribution. We have recently invested significant resources into new equipment and we are closely working with our drivers to create a work/life balance. Our employees are very important to us and we want to ensure that they enjoy their work and share our company values.

27 April 2021
Thank you for comment and I am sad to hear that you did not have a positive experience during your time at Expect Distribution. We value each and every one of our employees and we are working with our drivers closely to understand the challenges . We have also recently invested significant resources into new equipment and trucks and the feedback from these has been very positive.

27 April 2021

Meeting with different people on a daily basis

Work for a single man as away from the home Monday to Friday night out allowance competitive but could do wit a rise for the inconvenience of working away

Pros

Great working in different locations

Cons

Work away from home every day

27 April 2021
Thank you for your comment. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your role so far. Please do continue to feedback your thoughts through your manager or the HR team.

Good communication when out driving

Worked for this company for 1 year. I was made redundant due to coronavirus. If I was offered a job back with them I would have no problem starting with them straight away. Pay was good and paid on time every week.

Pros

Paid on time and good communication with management

Cons

Some days long hours but not many

From the outset friendly and professional.

Even though working remotely from HQ, there was a good working relationship and understanding between both parties. Good friendly atmosphere and really enjoyed my time with them. Sadly due to circumstances around the Covid 19 pandemic situations changed and was made redundant.

Blind leading the blind

Expect 15 hour days. As normal want start at 6am come back to yard around 6.30pm and they tell you you have to go back out and if you don't they will want a report on why you are refusing to go back out. Managers over managers over managers. I don't think there is any staff everyone is a manager of someone or something. Some of the management are great guys. But havnt the power the ones with no idea have and all the drivers top lads can't fault them great guys.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

1Too many managers. And transport doesnt have a clue about hours or cpc

Worsed Employer Ever

If you want to no more than a body in the driver's seat this is the place for you bullies and kids in office told to do the work or leave if you don't like it

Pros

All the unpaid overtime you want

Cons

All the unpaid overtime you want

Overall a fairly well run company.

Night trunking pallet network .Birmingham is a nightmare truthfully .But Coventry was a much more organised place and as long as you follow instructions it a good place.

Pros

Decent vechiles .Salary standard .

Cons

Night runs are allocated so it is highly likely you will be stuck on Birmingham.

Good company

Good company fork for. Management ok. If you do your job properly, nobody don't touch you, and you just enjoy. Good salary, job security. Friendly staff.

Class 2 Hgv driver

Good place to start a driving career and loads of opportunities within the company various roles always available, You are constantly learning and developing as a Hgv driver at Expect So if you think it comes without pressure and stress you'd be wrong but its rewarding , Very fast moving company where time management is key your route is carefully routed so all you do is deliver and collect.

About my previous employment

A very fast paced environment picking and dispatching wood burning stoves also picking and Processing energy drinks locating stock and stock checks and general housekeeping

At Expect Distribution I was very utilised and completed a lot of work in my role. I enjoyed working here, my colleagues and managers were very kind and friendly. When moving to a role within Palletline I found it very stressful, the department was really short-staffed and I praised the people that had been doing the role for so long. I feel like I did not get paid enough for the role I had, which made me want to look for other work. I learned a lot from working at Expect, especially on time management and administration.

Pros

Good working enviroment

Cons

Very stressful

Expect Distribution

Overall a good place to work. Hard working people and busy environment to work in. There can be a bit of confusion in the warehouse but if you work with a good team it is easily resolved.

Scrap place and work

Worked there and that was the most stressfull job ever.They expect too much from drivers for 9.60£.Long hours is mandatory. Monitoring every step when you on way to customer and giving you collection to do when your delivery is not done yet.Very bad organization in traffic office.Too much phone call how is going rushing you.If you like to be a currier on 18t truck recommend.Many times I have been sent to place where I have to risking my vehicle damage.If you have incident they blame always driver.If you desperate go and work for them.

Cons

Unless your desperate don’t work here

Worked here for 3 weeks and it was the worst 3 weeks ever. Planners aren’t bothered they will send you one place then ring n say dont go there go here. Very poor organisation, very stressful for the new drivers. I would rather be unemployed than work here.

Pros

Cons

Getting out of the place

Very stress full

Worked here for a short period traffic planners and management not professional at all my wife went into hospital family member called traffic office but nobody told me,till I got news from family they don’t give a care about your well being or your family,I went to hospital when I found out.they stopped calling me for work .they will send you single back country lanes in26 tonne vehicles very dangerous stuff pressured to stupid deliveries

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expect Distribution Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement