Expedia Group

Expedia Group Employee Reviews

Good Company

Good company to work for, however with recent changes job security is a question mark. The people are friendly, HR works towards making you comfortable, good benefits package, and senior management is approachable.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Job security

Poor management of Covid

Company did not take advantage of the Government furlough offer and implemented a voluntary 4 day week with 20% reduction in pay in order to protect jobs but two months later have terminated over 40-50% of jobs roles in the UK Parent company is Expedia and Egencia is being run in a very American culture.

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Work flexibility and no dress code

Cons

Poor HR upper management lost touch with employees no furlough scheme introduced when available

I really don't recommend working here.

It's a shadow of the place it used to be. Promises are made and then not kept. Communication is absolutely terrible, things can and do change at a moments notice, without any notification.

Great place to learn and work

Great place to work. Very people focused and lots of travel. Huge amount of scope to grow and pursue opportunities. Brand Expedia is very US focussed and driven but Hotels.com is HQ'd in London and has a better 'vibe', brand and more agile.

Fun and Fast Paced

Expedia is a diverse and cultural place to work. Employees are extremely friendly and supporting and make it an extremely enjoyable place to work. Working days go by very fast due to the nature of the office and the high demand client.

Good benefits.....no good for progression

Moved teams so many times I had 9 team leaders.....slowed down progression and promotion to zero. Managers did not have clue about performance management

Creative, open and inclusive culture

Expedia showcases a young culture based on being open, transparent and honest, whilst they encourage you to be the best version of yourself, always team-working. The fast pace the change is always happening at the company forces you to be very adaptable.

Nice place to work and nice people but dead end in terms of career development

They have nice Lonodn offices and people are generally nice but since the Hed Office is in the US, all the best roles are located there. If you are looking for more senior high paying roles, it is not the best place to be unles syou are looking for cushy 9 to 5 job.

Productive and fun place

great place to work fast paced management listen to your needs expanded my knowledge in IT everyone gets along the friendliness of the people was amazing

Depends on what you want from your job

Good workplace and colleagues but absolutely no room for career growth. I mean a dead-end track for those who want something more than a 9 to 5 lowish-paid job.

Best place I have ever worked at

People are amazing, smart and fun an willing to make things better. Flexible culture ( wear what you want, work when you want and from where you want as long as you deliver) Amazing social events Great opportunities to learn

Buona azienda per cui lavorare

Buona azienda per cui lavorare anche se l'ambiente non e' il massimo. Ottimo rapporto vita privata/lavoro

nice place to work

they need to provide better pay for colleagues and better structure

Productive and a good experience

Working at Expedia is a great place to work. It will challenge you and enable you to work in an industry that really matters nowadays. The workplace culture was an environment that was great.

Timing

I joined because that I love travel. The company culture wasn't very supportive. My manager was not a very professional person, and that set back the whole team's performance a lot. Eventually the whole team left.

Great and fun place to work

A typical day at work is being surrounded by a very friendly environment and fun where on your busiest and bad days everyone manages to make you smile, loads of events on a weekly basis which is great for networking. It is a great place overall as no matter where you from, your religion, sexual orientation etc... you are very welcome to come through it doors and feel free to express yourself how you wish (bearing in mind by being well mannered and educated person) I have also been sitting on the worldwide board for the LGBTQ side of the business as the President and managed to achieved what I have promised I would do if I win the elections, by making history in London participating on the annual LGBTQ Parade alongside with other tech companies such as Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Salesforce, Barclays, HSBC, etc...and the most enjoyable part of the job has been the opportunity offered to be President of such an organisation while delivering your daily workload smoothly.

Pros

Friendly environment, weekly events, and fun atmosphere

Cons

New starters very frequently and not enough time to build a long and trust relationship

Best work place ever

This was the best workplace I have worked at. The relaxed atmosphere was perfect and the services provided by the office were fantastic and the peoples attitudes were pleasant.

great workplace

Great workplace with a great team, and a visionary leadership. UK has a great work/life balance, and new offices very central to the city,and close to clients

No thanks...

I wouldn't have have even interviewed if I knew how bad this company would be to work for. My name was never spelt correctly in the six months I worked here, despite bringing it up several times to colleagues, IT support and management. Everything that was suggested would always fall on deaf ears too, so I left

Pros

Systems were down regularly, so you could leave early

Cons

Systems were down regularly, so you didn't get paid when you left early

Empresa dinamica e fast paced mas cresce somente os 'amiguinhos'

Adorei trabalhar na Expedia e conheci pessoas maravilhosas. Infelizmente muitos sairam da empresa por falta de crescimento profissional.

Pros

Viagens e hotels 5* pagados

Cons

Dificuldade em crescimento

Business Travel

If you are willing to work for a lower salary and not get deserved promotions then it is a great place to work. Some of the management is great others are not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedia Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement