Experian

Found 163 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,193 reviews
progressionroletargetcolleaguecreditprocessbusinessteam

Challenging but rewarding

Featured review

Experian selected this as a representative review
I have worked here for a number of years and seen many changes for the better. Very engaging , your development is how far you want to go with support and training material available. The business is fast pace but enjoyable no two days are the same but that's what makes it interesting. Management welcome suggestions and your world is your oyster with many roles to apply for throughout your career.The site is a lovely place to work just outside of Nottingham City Centre with free bus travel to the office, close to the NET Tram service , free parking on site and a free cuppa throughout the day along with many perks and wellbeing support for you and your family. In the past 12-18 months it's gone from strength to strength Experian are also recognised as a Great Place to Work. I am proud to work for a great brand supporting many Customers and Clients and working with some talented people that want to make a difference.

Official response from Experian

8 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!We appreciate your 5* review and your comments on our office! We're glad to hear you're so proud to work for Experian and thank you for being such a valuable member of the Experian team. -Employer Branding Coordinator

Great place to work, some downsides but no dealbreakers

Experian operate a clear role profile so you know whether you need to be in the office sometimes, all the time or never. That’s great. My time was sometimes in the office which translated to around once per month. The team were great, especially welcoming and knowledgeable, however there was very little team building and as such I didn’t really get to know anyone. This could also be the mostly remote arrangement, it’s so hard to get to know people that way. There doesn’t seem to be much opportunity for advancement at the lower levels of the hierarchy. There is a lot of encouragement to develop but in reality, little time to do so. There is a high degree of accuracy required to do the job and you need to be always on, which is fine, but honestly the pay doesn’t match up to those requirements or the request for anyone to have any skills to bring to the company.

Pros

Great office, flexible working, great people, cheap on site canteen

Cons

Pay could be better, no real development

Insights into Experian

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Depends which department you are at

As in every company, some departments get more funding and attention and others don't. Ask about plans for the next 3 years at least.It is up to your ingenuity to carve your way to where you want to be.Lots of processes and repetition.

Fast paced

Worked here in the past. Good experience for administrative roles. Competitive environment but worked within a good team and enjoyed my time with the company.

Pros

Started early, finished early

Cons

Unrealistic targets

Not a good place to work

Not a good place to work in.Team members appeared great, but were a tremendously competitive and back-stabbing lot.Management could not be more disconnected from the real world their employees live in, definitely up to their necks in internal office politics and certainly two-faced in most dealings.Half of their infrastructure is amazing, the other half grotesquely ancient, and all of it managed via spreadsheets.

Different teams and business areas can have different realities as if they were different companies but my experience has been extremely positive with good life balance, reward and opportunities

Pros

Good life balance, reward and opportunities

Cons

Slow pace for career growth may not fit people aspiring growth on short to mid term

Either your face fits or it doesn't

Disclaimer -- I left Experian in 2015 and it's possible that they've revolutionised themselves in that period. Also, it's very important to note that like all big enterprises, they comprise many small teams. You may be joining a great team with a great manager. Well done. I joined a cliquey team with a boss who sucked up to the most powerful personalities. I felt like an outsider when I joined and felt like an outsider when I was made redundant 3 years later. My work was always well rated but I couldn't break through the glass barriers that kept me from making progress. I hope that others have better luck.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Pot luck if you get a decent boss or not.

Productive place to work

Corporate Company with customer focused core valuesLeading transformative across sales and marketingStrategic choices within a data driven environment

Pros

Home Based

Cons

Annual Milage

Could be great, could be terrible - make sure you click with your manager

Worked there on and off for about 12 years... Had great times and had a bad time with them - depends which you office you end up in. Stay clear from the EDQ part of the business unless you like old-fashioned sales!

Pros

Big company

Cons

Can be treated like a number!

Don't practice what they preach

I wanted to join due to the company values they expressed on their website. I was massively let down. For the most part, it felt like a culture of back stabbing and me, myself and I. Make sure you always cover your back would be my advice.

Pros

End of month free lunch

Cons

Negative culture

Good company, people and culture

At the time the company was going through a period of change but had an exciting strategy, was really focused on people, culture and having a positive impact in its localities.

Great Place to Work

I have worked for this company more than once which proves that in my opinion they are a great place to work, especially within the Voyager team in ECS

Experian PM

Great place to work. Great culture, fast paced amd eager for people to develop. Happy to support agile working across different sites and home........

Talent/HR team are fantastic, great culture and work place. The company offers good workalike balance. The location is idea right next to Victoria station.

Fast Paced and Challenging

Experian operates predominantly in the financial sector which changes at an exceptional rate. To stay ahead there is therefore a constant need for the company to change and evolve to meet client needs. This creates a face paced and challenging environment.

Fast paced Review

Extremely fast paced environment which requires commitment, passion and an endeavour to succeed. Extremely rewarding environment which emphasis on a team approach.

Worked with some lovely people

I was well supported by my team whilst at Experian. The workload was usually manageable. The benefits package was pretty good. Training was provided when changes occurred within the company.

good

good company to work.good people.good salary.more training needed.Management need little more long term planning for employees.Leadership is not that commendable in technology area

Productive and Good learning Experience

Great company to work for. Learning was part of day to day activity. Very challenging working environment. Excellent guidance and support from senior management.

fun workplace

Use cutting edge tech. Good team spirit. Work place is very relaxed. I had the opportunity to work with a set of very advanced technology. Good Management

N/a

Dynamic business with a clear vision. Nurtures talent, good opportunities for growth and they listen to their staff. They invest in the future and willing to try new things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Experian. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Experian with

Learn about Experian in popular locations

• Experian