Express Estate Agency

Express Estate Agency Culture reviews

Clear

Work hard and be rewarded

Express is a great firm to work for, from the friendly staff to the approachable managers. I would recommend this firm to anyone that is willing to put the work in as you will be rewarded. There are many opportunities to be taken at Express!

Pros

Salary, relaxed working environment, city centre

Cons

Office facilities could be improved but overall good.

A shame really

I did enjoy working at Express for some time but towards the end I saw a lot of flaws. Treated unfairly, long hours, forced to take unpaid leave, detention scheme, lad culture. Training was good but the management lacked professionalism. They didn't deal with the pandemic very well at all and forced a lot of people to decide to leave. Some great people work there but sometimes that isn't enough.

Pros

Nice colleagues, can be good pay

Cons

Long hours, unfair treatment

Great company, brilliant training and incentives

I have worked for Express for a few months now, the first impressions were that management and staff were very welcoming and helpful.The training set in place has been fantastic. The company will give you lots in terms of training to help you learn the roles and then progress through the company.

Pros

Fantastic training and great commission structure

Work hard and you will be well rewarded

Lots of opportunity to earn very high commission. You get out of the job what you put into it, if you work hard you will earn highly. Great progression and development (training) in the 2 years I have been here.Very friendly and sociable culture.

Terrible Company

work culture appalling, expect everything from you, don't care if you have a family or work life balance. Set un realistic targets, don't pay, change contracts and commission constantly with o notice period. Extremely un professional, favouritism and boys club culture. Stay well clear.

Pros

none at all.

Cons

change commissions constantly, favourtisum, dont pay you, terrible senior management, un professional

Ruthless

You will do well if your face fits. Very competitive working environment and the fact that they charge clients over the odds makes your job harder. High turnover of staff and very target driven.

Great fun and great earnings !

It’s a very energetic and positive environment. There are lots of incentives each month which only increases your already superb revenue and every day is completely different. The support from the Headquarters is incredible with our property Sales consultants, Customer service team, Diary team, Property sales Managers and our In house progression team all working together with the same goal. I enjoy the hard work ethic required to be at the top, the team and the great income.

Pros

Great income

Cons

Exciting, enjoyable and highly rewarding

I have worked with Express for a while now and it really is a life changing position to have. There is a great amount of work life balance and the competitive role keeps you on your toes and ensures that you keep learning about the industry. The remuneration of the role is second to none, if you work hard and are productive then you are generously rewarded. The company offers great social occasions, with regular get together and a couple of fantastic major events every year. Head office support is also great with a can do attitude leading the way.

Best place to work

I have worked for express for a while now and I feel as though I have progressed in this job more than I have in any previous jobs.Management are understanding and will help you in any way you need.The atmosphere is relaxed yet professional.

Marketing Team

Great environment to work in, long hours can be challenging but the commission makes up for that. Management are always present and happy to help. I have learnt the importance of self-motivation and motivating others to do well.

Enjoyable Workplace with Great Staff

Express has been the best place I have worked throughout my career. The work can be stressful but if you put the effort in it is well worth it. The staff are all quite friendly which makes for a great environment. The management, from Team Leaders up to MDs, are all great people who are great at getting the best out of their staff.

Pros

Hard Work is Rewarded, Great Management

Cons

Can be stressful at times (but what workplace isn't)

Good atmosphere and commission

Been working for express for 6 years this February. Great incentives and commission to be earned if you are motivated! Loved my time here. Lots of training for new staff!

Pros

European team trips

You get what you put in!

If you are looking to work somewhere where you can make reliably good money and have a fantastic team around you, this is the place. An average employee that does our role works 40-45 hours a week (Monday-Friday). The pay here is incredibly good compared to similar or other roles that are available. The various teams in the office are fantastic and we get on very well. Management team here is friendly, helpful and helps members of staff. All the roles here including the 'PSC' role can be very mentally challenging as at the core it is a sales industry and of course target driven so a strong work ethic, financial motivation and micro management skills are either very useful or learned quite quickly.

Pros

Fantastic Earning, Knowledge of property industry, Great team spirit and office environment, Free coffee & tea!!!

Cons

Mentally challenging

Love this job, My first proper sales job and a lot of money can be earned! Everybody is really friendly and it is a great environment to work in, a lot of support from management too

Pros

Money and People

Cons

Hours

Well paid, social, great job!

I have worked for the Express Estate Agency for over 4 years, its a great job with great benefits. The hours are long but the pay is the reward, work hard and you will reap the benefits. Fantastic job progression with most managers having been promoted from within. Great staff, made some amazing friends during my time here,and its great knowing how well we all work as a team - this is especially shown in the social events that are planned throughout the year. The office is always a buzz and when targets are hit the commission shows - this is a typical sales environment and you must be willing to work towards targets.

Pros

Pay, social

Productive and lively workplace

A great, vibrant working environment where progression and learning is hugely encouraged. You have everything at your disposal to succeed and management are extremely helpful in every aspect and there is a great rapport among all members of staff.

Pros

Uncapped Commission

Cons

Amazing place to work....until you burn out

As long as you are hitting targets you are everyones best friend you are rewarded financially and everyone loves you. If something however gets in the way of this and you feel yourself unable to hit your given targets you are immediately given the cold shoulder and are out of the business with your manager surprising you at 7AM on a rainy Monday to fire you! I had the pleasure of working here for a year I made some absolutely amazing friends who I still speak to now and absolutely killed my targets reaping the rewards for recognition aswell as financially. Sadly after a year of 12 - 14 hour days I managed to burn out and ended up losing motivation at which I was sacked immediately. It is a very work hard play hard culture and the people are incredible as long as you can consistently give them blood sweat and tears.

Pros

Amazing money

Cons

If you burn out or argue you are sacked end of story

fun, social, performance rewarded

great place where everyone is friendly management extremely fair and reward your hard work and effort always people willing to help and offer advice opportunities to move within the company and learn new roles

Pros

uncaped commision great atmosphere

Cons

none yet

Dedicated and conscientious in fun environment

The office staff are all mostly very driven and conscientious. A fun environment is encouraged, with nice functions and events, but you must be willing and dedicated to try and meet targets. Everyone generally gets on.

Pros

Events & Nights Out, Office Environmnent

Cons

Quite long days

Fantastic Place to Work

I worked for Express for 2 years and it was the best job I had. The only reason I left was to relocate. The company is a step ahead of the other competition in the estate agency industry. The other members of staff are super friendly and there is a great social life outside of work. The money is great if you are prepared to get your head down and work hard. The Management are super supportive and respectful.

Pros

Supportive management, market leading company, great money

Cons

Young staff and good parties

Long hours encouraged and if you leave on time you feel guilty. Pay isn't great but it does pay better than normal estate agencies. Staff are all quite young straight out of school/uni which as great fun. Staff parties are brilliant and there's definitely a "work hard play hard" culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Estate Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2