Express Estate Agency

Express Estate Agency Management reviews

Clear

Plenty of room for progression

I have worked at Express for 4 years and would recommend highly. There is plenty of room for progression, management are supportive and great opportunities for commission. Reasonable working hours and relaxed, friendly environment.

You get out what you put in.

Started really well. Hitting targets, travelling 300 miles a day and making alot of commission. Targets and staff however kept changing at a moments notice and if you don't keep up with hitting the sales targets your manager shows up on your door step and YOU... ARE.. SACKED...! No warning, no notice NOTHING. You then somehow try and get another job with your tail between your legs and your confidence shattered. Thanks express!

Pros

Money

Cons

Poor management.

A shame really

I did enjoy working at Express for some time but towards the end I saw a lot of flaws. Treated unfairly, long hours, forced to take unpaid leave, detention scheme, lad culture. Training was good but the management lacked professionalism. They didn't deal with the pandemic very well at all and forced a lot of people to decide to leave. Some great people work there but sometimes that isn't enough.

Pros

Nice colleagues, can be good pay

Cons

Long hours, unfair treatment

High Pressure. If your face doesn't fit, see ya

On the face of it, lovely people running this company.They soon expect you rallying up and down the country at your own expense for appointments No sense of diary planning from telesales agents, who are paid to book appointments.Any suggestions as to business improvements are paid lip service toYou'll often have late finishes - but you'll never know until the day before, so can't plan family life

Pros

Nice offices in Manchester. Seemingly friendly middle management

Cons

Long hours. Poor pay - but that's because you 'don't perform' to their ever changing goalposts

Great company, brilliant training and incentives

I have worked for Express for a few months now, the first impressions were that management and staff were very welcoming and helpful.The training set in place has been fantastic. The company will give you lots in terms of training to help you learn the roles and then progress through the company.

Pros

Fantastic training and great commission structure

Terrible Company

work culture appalling, expect everything from you, don't care if you have a family or work life balance. Set un realistic targets, don't pay, change contracts and commission constantly with o notice period. Extremely un professional, favouritism and boys club culture. Stay well clear.

Pros

none at all.

Cons

change commissions constantly, favourtisum, dont pay you, terrible senior management, un professional

Great rewards for hard work!

Express is a great company to work for - I have been with them a number of years. As with all sales roles there are ups and downs but the key is to quickly get over the downs and embrace the ups!!! You are in charge of your own hours but basically you get back what you put in. Hard work gets paid very well and the management team are very supportive to help you maximise your potential.

Pros

Great earnings opportunity, flexibility and excellent support.

Cons

Your car is going to do some miles!

Best place to work

I have worked for express for a while now and I feel as though I have progressed in this job more than I have in any previous jobs.Management are understanding and will help you in any way you need.The atmosphere is relaxed yet professional.

Marketing Team

Great environment to work in, long hours can be challenging but the commission makes up for that. Management are always present and happy to help. I have learnt the importance of self-motivation and motivating others to do well.

Enjoyable Workplace with Great Staff

Express has been the best place I have worked throughout my career. The work can be stressful but if you put the effort in it is well worth it. The staff are all quite friendly which makes for a great environment. The management, from Team Leaders up to MDs, are all great people who are great at getting the best out of their staff.

Pros

Hard Work is Rewarded, Great Management

Cons

Can be stressful at times (but what workplace isn't)

will be sorely missed

I worked at Express on and off and loved every minute of it! the staff and fab and management are wonderful, A company that really looks after you and makes you feel valued. It can be stressful and is not an easy job, Some situations could have been handled better but was out of control by management. overall i advise anyone who wants something different and doesn't want to work in a dead end job and have potential to earn some serious cash.. GO FOR IT! :)

Great workplace!

Love working here! I've never stayed in a job so long! It's a very well paid job if you listen to what the sales trainers tell you. I've learned lots about property and you get to become a specialist in a particular field rather than at other estate agents where you have limited knowledge about all fields. The training and support are both great - Other sales jobs are very micro-managed but we have two managers in our department that are targeted on how well we do so they're always supporting and helping us. Best part of the job is definitely the people and the social - We went to Berlin on a work building trip last year and we are planning to do another weekend away again this time around! Only con here is if you don't work hard you just won't earn. You really need to work hard to get the big bucks!

Pros

Definitely people / Being a specialist in a particular field

You get what you put in!

If you are looking to work somewhere where you can make reliably good money and have a fantastic team around you, this is the place. An average employee that does our role works 40-45 hours a week (Monday-Friday). The pay here is incredibly good compared to similar or other roles that are available. The various teams in the office are fantastic and we get on very well. Management team here is friendly, helpful and helps members of staff. All the roles here including the 'PSC' role can be very mentally challenging as at the core it is a sales industry and of course target driven so a strong work ethic, financial motivation and micro management skills are either very useful or learned quite quickly.

Pros

Fantastic Earning, Knowledge of property industry, Great team spirit and office environment, Free coffee & tea!!!

Cons

Mentally challenging

Love this job, My first proper sales job and a lot of money can be earned! Everybody is really friendly and it is a great environment to work in, a lot of support from management too

Pros

Money and People

Cons

Hours

Productive and lively workplace

A great, vibrant working environment where progression and learning is hugely encouraged. You have everything at your disposal to succeed and management are extremely helpful in every aspect and there is a great rapport among all members of staff.

Pros

Uncapped Commission

Cons

Amazing place to work....until you burn out

As long as you are hitting targets you are everyones best friend you are rewarded financially and everyone loves you. If something however gets in the way of this and you feel yourself unable to hit your given targets you are immediately given the cold shoulder and are out of the business with your manager surprising you at 7AM on a rainy Monday to fire you! I had the pleasure of working here for a year I made some absolutely amazing friends who I still speak to now and absolutely killed my targets reaping the rewards for recognition aswell as financially. Sadly after a year of 12 - 14 hour days I managed to burn out and ended up losing motivation at which I was sacked immediately. It is a very work hard play hard culture and the people are incredible as long as you can consistently give them blood sweat and tears.

Pros

Amazing money

Cons

If you burn out or argue you are sacked end of story

fun, social, performance rewarded

great place where everyone is friendly management extremely fair and reward your hard work and effort always people willing to help and offer advice opportunities to move within the company and learn new roles

Pros

uncaped commision great atmosphere

Cons

none yet

Great money, Great Staff, Great Opportunities

I have been with the company over 5 years now and its genuinely the best move I ever made career wise. I was hesitant at first coming from traditional estate agency and the OTE etc. seemed a little too good to be true, but thankfully it wasn't! Yes its fast paced and busy and you'll never clock watch again, but you are incredibly well rewarded financially, and in the scope for progression plus the staff are amazing. Everyone is like minded and friendly and there's no dog eat dog that you get in some companies. A good proportion of staff who do end up leaving seem to quickly return as they miss the people (and probably the money) too much. Other perks I've seen worthy of a mention in the time I've been there: new car, free holidays, weekends away, cash bonuses, trips to the brits, generally two great parties a year. Highly rewarding, great fun and a quickly growing company under strong management.

Pros

Great money, amazing people, progression, nice offices in city centre

Fantastic Place to Work

I worked for Express for 2 years and it was the best job I had. The only reason I left was to relocate. The company is a step ahead of the other competition in the estate agency industry. The other members of staff are super friendly and there is a great social life outside of work. The money is great if you are prepared to get your head down and work hard. The Management are super supportive and respectful.

Pros

Supportive management, market leading company, great money

Professional Workplace

Everyone in the office is lovely and really nice to get along with. Starting there for me was really scary as it was one of my first jobs, but everyone made me feel welcome, if I ever needed anything someone was always there to help me out. I learned a lot there like dealing with different customers on a daily basis, learnt lots more about property sales and management.

Pros

Good Work Environment

Cons

Long Hours

proactive forward thinking environment

I work from home as my diary scheduled by HO. So left to my own devices which I like. Management and co workers are great and there is a fantastic support system that filters right from the top. I find the drive times one of the hardest parts of the role, but I do enjoy it. Meeting new people everyday is an enjoyable part of my day and winning the business in house keeps me going.

Pros

fantastic commission structure

Cons

long drive times and mileage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Estate Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

3.8Job security/advancement
  • Express Estate Agency
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?