Express Estate Agency

Express Estate Agency Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.2Pay & benefits

Plenty of room for progression

I have worked at Express for 4 years and would recommend highly. There is plenty of room for progression, management are supportive and great opportunities for commission. Reasonable working hours and relaxed, friendly environment.

A shame really

I did enjoy working at Express for some time but towards the end I saw a lot of flaws. Treated unfairly, long hours, forced to take unpaid leave, detention scheme, lad culture. Training was good but the management lacked professionalism. They didn't deal with the pandemic very well at all and forced a lot of people to decide to leave. Some great people work there but sometimes that isn't enough.

Pros

Nice colleagues, can be good pay

Cons

Long hours, unfair treatment

High Pressure. If your face doesn't fit, see ya

On the face of it, lovely people running this company.They soon expect you rallying up and down the country at your own expense for appointments No sense of diary planning from telesales agents, who are paid to book appointments.Any suggestions as to business improvements are paid lip service toYou'll often have late finishes - but you'll never know until the day before, so can't plan family life

Pros

Nice offices in Manchester. Seemingly friendly middle management

Cons

Long hours. Poor pay - but that's because you 'don't perform' to their ever changing goalposts

Work hard and be rewarded

Express is a great firm to work for, from the friendly staff to the approachable managers. I would recommend this firm to anyone that is willing to put the work in as you will be rewarded. There are many opportunities to be taken at Express!

Pros

Salary, relaxed working environment, city centre

Cons

Office facilities could be improved but overall good.

Productive friendly

Enjoyable place to work, great colleagues, approachable Managers/ DirectorsLots of opportunities, good atmosphere Office dog! Loads of opportunities to make good money Managers always in hand to help you and guide you Constant refresher training

Pros

Able to leave early on occasions / lots of incentives

Great Company Culture and in depth Training

I've worked at Express for coming up to half a year now and in that time they have taken the time to properly train me and offer me constant support. The people are great and completely hard-working and dedicated, whilst also being easy to get along with and always there to offer you advice! I've learnt new things, made great friends, and am looking forward to my continuing journey within the company!

Great company, brilliant training and incentives

I have worked for Express for a few months now, the first impressions were that management and staff were very welcoming and helpful.The training set in place has been fantastic. The company will give you lots in terms of training to help you learn the roles and then progress through the company.

Pros

Fantastic training and great commission structure

The more you put in, the more you get out

Easy to learn and difficult to master. But work hard, ask questions and put the miles in and you get rewarded. Commission potential is huge, just keep going and watch it stack up. More enjoyable and more rewarding the more you do. I've seen a lot of people who have worked various roles in the company as well, so there's possibility of lots of variety and career progression.

Work hard and you will be well rewarded

Lots of opportunity to earn very high commission. You get out of the job what you put into it, if you work hard you will earn highly. Great progression and development (training) in the 2 years I have been here.Very friendly and sociable culture.

Terrible Company

work culture appalling, expect everything from you, don't care if you have a family or work life balance. Set un realistic targets, don't pay, change contracts and commission constantly with o notice period. Extremely un professional, favouritism and boys club culture. Stay well clear.

Pros

none at all.

Cons

change commissions constantly, favourtisum, dont pay you, terrible senior management, un professional

Decent commissions- Hard Work

The commissions are good for the industry, and there's money to be earned if you work hard. Atmosphere is pretty relaxed, but the role has pressure, and there isn't always a lot of guidance

Ruthless

You will do well if your face fits. Very competitive working environment and the fact that they charge clients over the odds makes your job harder. High turnover of staff and very target driven.

Great rewards for hard work!

Express is a great company to work for - I have been with them a number of years. As with all sales roles there are ups and downs but the key is to quickly get over the downs and embrace the ups!!! You are in charge of your own hours but basically you get back what you put in. Hard work gets paid very well and the management team are very supportive to help you maximise your potential.

Pros

Great earnings opportunity, flexibility and excellent support.

Cons

Your car is going to do some miles!

Forward thinking company

I’ve been with Express Estate Agency for over 2 years, in that time I’ve had ongoing training and encouragement. The targets have not been a problem at all and you really do get out what you put in. Great company with fantastic earning potential.

Exciting, enjoyable and highly rewarding

I have worked with Express for a while now and it really is a life changing position to have. There is a great amount of work life balance and the competitive role keeps you on your toes and ensures that you keep learning about the industry. The remuneration of the role is second to none, if you work hard and are productive then you are generously rewarded. The company offers great social occasions, with regular get together and a couple of fantastic major events every year. Head office support is also great with a can do attitude leading the way.

fun work place, long hours

fun environment nilve manager just unrealistic targets set by ceos. long hours have to do unpaid overtime if your behind target, high turnover, money is decent in good months

Pros

can make good money

Cons

long hours some unpaid

Been here over five years and not looked back!

I’m thoroughly enjoying my time here. It’s a company that offers great progression (it only promotes from inside), great earnings for those who aren’t scared of hard work and the atmosphere in the office is top notch as well. One of the things I really like it that we are managed / taught by two people who have done the role successfully and they know what’s achievable and what isn’t! Especially when I’ve worked for companies in the past who have had unrealistic staff expectations. We also have weekly incentives on a Wednesday to leave an hour early and two mint staff dos every year. If you want to earn money in an uncapped commission role, this is place for you!

Pros

Free fruit Tuesday’s / Staff Parties / Weekly Incentives / Money

Cons

Have to be money motivated

Marketing Team

Great environment to work in, long hours can be challenging but the commission makes up for that. Management are always present and happy to help. I have learnt the importance of self-motivation and motivating others to do well.

Enjoyable Workplace with Great Staff

Express has been the best place I have worked throughout my career. The work can be stressful but if you put the effort in it is well worth it. The staff are all quite friendly which makes for a great environment. The management, from Team Leaders up to MDs, are all great people who are great at getting the best out of their staff.

Pros

Hard Work is Rewarded, Great Management

Cons

Can be stressful at times (but what workplace isn't)

will be sorely missed

I worked at Express on and off and loved every minute of it! the staff and fab and management are wonderful, A company that really looks after you and makes you feel valued. It can be stressful and is not an easy job, Some situations could have been handled better but was out of control by management. overall i advise anyone who wants something different and doesn't want to work in a dead end job and have potential to earn some serious cash.. GO FOR IT! :)

Long forced hours and very low basic

I have witnessed people being sacked just for calling in sick. If you struggle to hit target - which isn't uncommon - you are not given training, just shown the door. None of the 'player managers' have any sort of qualification to manage other than the fact that they hit targets, so be ready to be talked down to and 'managed' by angry sales people with short tempers. As they are also 'player managers' they aren't focused on helping you if you are a neg because they have to hit their individual target too. If you are not tracking then you are forced to stay an extra hour each night. This is not optional. Every monday you have to stay an extra half an hour to catch up from the weekend. Every third week you have to work six days. The only benefit is the commission as the basic is so low. It's also a very 'your face has to fit' cliquey place. Not a great company to work for I'm afraid.

Pros

Commission

Cons

Long hours, job instability, bad attitudes from managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Estate Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2