ExxonMobil logo

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 43 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,298 reviews

Good ol boys

This facility is run by the Kemmerer High Alumni Association, or so it seems. If you didn’t play basketball in high school or wasn’t babysat by someone’s mother good luck. Toxic culture where the in club continually picks at the outsiders. Great pay, decent schedule, but the you would think a billion dollar company would have it together a little better. If you need answers for anything HR related good luck, you more than likely will get someone’s interpretation or the rules.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Nepotism at its finest

stressful

general operatives work on and in a distillation unit processing various chemicals or lube oils gasses and other by products from crude oilwork can be demanding and nowadays quite technical .before working on a shift you have to know the unit inside out for your own safety and for the safety of you fellow work colleagues.Management can be very brutal mistakes are not accepted for an operative error So would effect any chance of promotion in the futureprobably the most smelly job you will ever have and can also be dangerous

Pros

good pension excellent food great private health

Cons

shift work out in all weathers do not make a mistake your job progress will stop for ever

An

Nice place to work. Friendly people, nice offices. A lot of rules but you soon get use to them. Very health and safety conscious. A lot of progression opportunities.

Good salary.

Good salary. Good people. Can't seem to figure its culture properly. Good training. God time off albeit at unsociable times. Needs to modernise the business

great place

work hard gain repect and rewards, in a demanding setting high pressure round the clock work site hse covered and ppe smart , toolbox talks daily , great team work.

Work Place

I learnt that worked as a team and you were treated fairly if you had a problem. The management team was good and always there if you had a problem need it be personal, work or home related.

Hard work but well paid

As long as you were willing to sacrifice a little social life, it was definitely worth it. The shift pattern was challenging but there was plenty of scheduled leave to help recover.

Good management

Strong treasury mindset and management team Unique approach to managing full 30 year careers from graduate to retirement. Large player agility is lacking

Pros

Global focus

Cons

Leatherhead location

Good work life balance

Good work life balance and generally good culture. Facilities at Fawley are poor and needs investment. Base salary is average with poor progression.

productive

get your job then have the TBT. get tools take to job and do a risk assessment of the job site. start the job. the team were a set of good lads that looked each other. the hardest part of the job was the management changing the work scope.

Customer service

the company allowed time for extra activities but it is now privatised. i enjoyed working at that time but there was not much room for career progression

Pros

benefit

Cons

no career progression

Engaging Company

Secretarial duties, supporting 3 directors. Our function was to ensure that the oil tankers, and plants had adequate insurance cover, thus extensive liaison with insurance underwriters and brokers to get the best deal for the company.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Further development was not encouraged

As a multinational company, ExxonMobil has an SHE culture. The company creates an environment where the safety of staff is the key. A job is said to be done properly when the safety of the people performing such a task is assured.

Pros

Free lunch

Poor Management in Exploration

My last year at Exxon was dismal and even though I was a high performing individual they did not engage me in any development discussions and decided that the best option for me was to go to a dead end clerical job. When I refused I was literally bullied out the door and HR did nothing to support me. So after 12 yrs service I was left demoralised by the whole situation. Literally the manager was a complete bully. So even after 10-11 yrs of happy service I would not recommend Exxon to anyone. They don't look after their staff and treat those who have been loyal like dirt.

Great company

I worked for the Exxon Mobil group for over 9 years developing from store manager to territory manager, i look back on my time with great memories of all the exciting things i achieved.

first job out of University

this was my first job out of university, so my basis of learning of all companies. how each department worked together. I was a temporary employee and worked in many areas of the business, procurement, retail and marine

Pros

discounted lunch, amazing offices

Cons

temporary contract

apprenticeship

this is a great company to work for. I applied to the apprenticeship scheme when I was 26 and got accepted. the company provided ample training with multiple official qualifications. They have a keen eye for safety and quality of work. the day would start with a safety meeting followed by the decided tasks. these would be discussed in the meeting and then further after. then all safety requirements were implemented and the task carried out. This company provided a competitive salary

Pros

free driving lessons and compex qualifications

Cons

embroiling time for overalls is extremely long.

not good

all about money, pretend to be concerned about health and safety. until the job needs doing, and then it takes a back seat very quickly. Wouldn't work for them again.

appreciated, focused, professional

a typical day would be very varied and interesting although at times could be challenging. I gained skills using SAP and learned about requirements for government statistical reporting. The work place culture was very satisfying and aimed to enhance the best working practice. The hardest part of the job would be ensuring deadlines were met at all times. The most enjoyable part was a great working atmosphere, excellent staff/management relations. The feeling of working for a company that cares about and values its staff.

Pros

performance bonus, company share scheme

Cons

there were none really

good pay

A short stint working on a side project with both office based activities and a site visit. A helpful workforce in order to meet the project requirements.

Great as an onsite team

I was responsible for opening the site before 6am. Security checks would have to be carried out before opening. Days involved serving customers and ensuring staff were fulfilling their duties. Also collating all paperwork and monies from the previous shift ready for G4S. Ensuring the site was clean, tidy and safe at all times for staff and customers. Maintaining the stock levels whilst double checking rotation of dates. Ordering sufficient stock to a time and date schedule to make sure the necessary items were available for both the customer and the promotions which were regularly inspected without warning. Accepting delivery of both produce and fuel, adhering to Health and Safety requirements at all times. I loved the fact that I never knew what challenge I would experience from day to day and it made me think on my feet but I enjoyed finding a solution. My favourite part of the job was interacting with the customers and I met lots of lovely people who returned again and again due to the service they received. The hardest part would be stocktaking in either extreme heat or freezing cold.

Pros

The enjoyable atmosphere working with staff and customers

Cons

Lack of communication at times from Higher Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExxonMobil. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K