EY

EY Employee Reviews

For audit and assurance business line - EY UK actually cares about its people compared to the other big 4, however, in audit there is no getting away from the cons.
Pros
Supportive and approachable partners and management, cares about its people, gain good experience of client business and learn a lot within a short space of time
Cons
Not a viable long term career option for many, consistently overworked, underpaid, only good if you have no family life, management can do very little about cons, it's just the nature of audit, Get your experience and leave asap
Pros: okay if you u dont want to be fired (they dont fire bad performing staffs)Cons : No meritocracy. Promotion based 100% on the number of yearswith the firm and loyalty. Brown nosing expected in order to be promoted. No bonus. Difficult to move from one department to another. Lying management about pay and promotion.
Pros
Learning, early years
Cons
Zero meritocracy. Brownnosing expected
You can learn a lot of skills which you can use in any other business, both technical and soft skills. Smart, good working colleagues, a lot of training, challenging projects. Fantastic networking opportunities with the firm. If you stay a year or 10 years, you will enjoy it. To the contrary, work life balance is not optimal, but still not as bad as in other consulting firm. There is emphasis on diversity. From a certain level up or exit.
Pros
People, projects, learnign opportunities, network
Cons
poor work life balance, package not very competitive
While firms like EY pay well, jobs are cut regularly, either as a result of restructures or even due to slight drops in revenue. Many staff are ladder climbers and it does have a cut throat culture and fake sense of friendliness.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Dictatorship management style
The work ethic at EY is work till you drop some tax and assurance teams burn out. If you are applying for a service position take heed. That unless you are applying for a management position you are simply dirt and some staff members will simply not engage correctly with you there is no support from your managers should you make a complaint you will become a target for managers
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Bad management and work hours boring as sin just like the matrix
You learn a lot and are exposed to diverse work. On the whole, people are very friendly although the environment can be quite intense and competitive.
Spent 5.5 years there.. Great reputation, lots of opportunities but unless you are a favourite or your manager fully supports you, you will not progress. It's a shame it took me all that time to realise.
Great place to work, and offers lots of flexibility for working mums. However, it does depend on the team you are in, as he ends up deciding what level of flexibility people can avail.
I am hardworking and fully flexible, I am a team player, also willing to learn . I have a huge network of client connections and have no problems in conversing with anyone.
Typical day work hard, play hard . Competative package. Happy working atmosphere . Management at all levels & staff working together as one team .A pleasure
Pros
Good Team spirit
Cons
Although an extremely demanding, fast paced environment, I loved my time at EY and worked with some of the most amazing people and on some of most exciting ground breaking technology deliveries. My only reason for moving on is to strike more of a work / life balance with ageing parents to care for. It's a very addictive environment with a great buzz, I will find it hard to leave behind and may well look to re-join one day.
I wish I never resigned from EY - my massive mistake. I would go back in a heartbeat 💓 I cannot find another company like it. EY tried their best to stop me from resigning and I wished I listened to them.
Attention to personal development, opportunities, and career progression. Diversity and inclusiveness are important to the company as is closing the gender pay gap.
Your day can vary and great options to work flexible either changing your hours or working from home. Have gained good finance experience working in a large finance firm.
Lovely staff and great for developing a career. Got a lot of training in team leading and team work and a lot of support as a student at that time. Very helpful.
Significant opportunity for those that are seeking variety to their resposibilities on a day to day basis. However it is difficult to switch off from the job either out of hours or on holiday.
typical day at work is busy and can be quite stressful but the relaxed environment helps you cope with the stress, it all depends on the team you work with, if you are with a great team you will enjoy your job.
EY is great for flexible working and that is the only positive about the role and also the only reason I have stayed at the company so long. Management is a joke and you are expected to work in the same role for 10 years before being considered for promotion. I was doing work as a level above what I was for 2 years before I got promoted. No recognition for working long hours and salary is not very good. Part time staff expected to do full time work in part time hours.
EY is a great company to work for in that it is flexible enough and that the team is very young most of the time. Therefore it is easy to bond with the team since everyone is almost the same age.
EY is a great place to work and has a flexible work culture. However the progression is based on who you know/how well you are liked. Some of the people in more senior positions should not be there, and are hard to work with.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Lack of progression and poor salary/benefits
Unfair treatment between London and other offices, working hours differ by location. Technical staff required to do many more hours than contracted and no time back. Some team mates given TOIL or overtime, others told they can't take anything. Progression or internal job moves really hard, if you do manage to get promoted your pay won't be balanced against colleagues who are also promoted, you cannot challenge this! Terrible culture of "favourites"
  1. Employee reviews