EY

United Kingdom13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,525 reviews
londonfirmauditcolleagueorganisationrolepartnerdevelopment

Relaxed culture supportive team

EY places an emphasis of attention on its staff and the culture of it workplace. ET is firever innovating and adapting people friendly processes. The pay is above city average and the workload is manageable. The only downside is its systems are over processed

Secure and Flexible

Flexible working, great benefits and rewards/recognition/bonus. Very secure job, great values and a strong company vision. Office’s modern and pretty much in every city

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Lots of work

Insights into EY

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Micro managed & unrealistic opportunities

Constant changes and increasing workload with very little help, unrealistic promotion sights with such a varied workload it’s near impossible to progress in any which way, any thoughts or suggestions not taken onboard unless your high up

Pros

Generous benefit options and annual salary review

Cons

Micro-Managed, no support or gratitude and wellbeing not considered

I am will to go back to work part time after lockdown is over when all is clear

I am hardworking and fully flexible, I am a team player, also willing to learn . I have a huge network of client connections and have no problems in conversing with anyone.

Great company to work for

I wish I never resigned from EY - my massive mistake. I would go back in a heartbeat 💓 I cannot find another company like it. EY tried their best to stop me from resigning and I wished I listened to them.

Typical Day

Typical day involves diary management for three partnes and one associate partner. Client liaison which makes the role a little more interesting. Travel, both overseas and within the UK with expense reconcilliation to follow. Occasional organisation of events such as client/internal training.

Pros

Easy to get to

Cons

Very little career progression for EAs

Horrible place to work for especially in BSC

EY promotes itself on it's values. It has none. Especially in their BSC department. Where the power has got to the managements. There is no room for career progression, team morale is really low. Their salary does NOT match the market salary. No flexibility or consistency, management makes the final decision depending on who you are. One of the worse companies to work for!

Superb place to work

Learning to become a more proficient and confident member of a team. The hardest part of the job was coming to terms with the various time zones with which I had to deal with but it was a great learning curve and something I hope to do more of.

Not impressed

They have a long way to achieve their 2020 vision. The first thing they should focus on is listening to their staff and keeping them happy.

Cons

Very tight

Enjoyable workplace

An enjoyable company to work for so long you have the correct management in place. People ( non management) in certain areas are very friendly, supportive and at hand to help support you whenever required.

Pros

Free fruit

Cons

Proactive worker and a fun work place

Once I started at EY I was put through a excellent training, learning how to use all the systems correctly. A Typical day at work is checking previous work, responding to emails, allocating work, responding to request from EA's, up to Partners. My co-workers are all very helpful and the office is an enjoyable place. A major bonus to this job is working from home. Work load can be very unevenly distributed

Pros

2 days per week getting to work from home

Good work life balance

Typical day varied workload, working for busy partners who rarely acknowledge you, I learned how to updated wins and losses Nice offices, Work varied and pleasant co-workers The hardest part of the job was trying to organise someone who clearly didn't want to be organised and who had a separate agenda.

Pros

Supportive colleagues

Cons

No job security, Unsupportive management, Diversity in workplace but not in executive management, Biased and unfair appraisals

Great company

E&Y is a great company to work for and I really enjoyed working here. I was blessed with the opportunity to advance during my employment and I learned many skills during my employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement