EY

United Kingdom16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,525 reviews
londonfirmauditcolleagueorganisationrolepartnerdevelopment

Internship / Work Experience

Ernst and Young is an established, known accounting firm making it into the Big 4. Offers students a 1 week programme where they can gain insight into the services EY provide such as: audits, taxes, legal services etc. They pay you too and provide you the chance to gain a qualification in CMI at level 2. Great for those that have an interest within those fields.

Pros

Good pay

Efficient and enjoyable workplace

An efficient and enjoyable work environment. The managers are very supportive and have created an environment where their employees can thrive with little to no stress.

Insights into EY

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Loved it! Would go back

Absolutely loved working at EY for the short time I did. All of the staff are wonderful people and it’s very easy to make good work relationships. As an intern, I was able to go through different departments, but my main focus was on audit. I loved this work, and the team I was with were great, down-to-earth people.

It was a very enriching Job

Polish branch of one of the most successful advisory companies in Europe. My job was system data management, translation from polish to English, as well as transcription of audio material in English and polish along with office tasks.

fun workplace

i got into the office had breakfast then went to a focus booth for a quite environment to do my work. the most enjoyable part is interacting with customers.

Pros

flexible working time

Cons

My internship at EY was a great learning experience. Coming from a chemistry background I was taught basic auditing procedures by willing and helpfull employees. EY was a very welcoming company to work in and gives you great potential to advance in.

Pros

Open desk workspace

Very exciting

Generally we did training and then work. I learned a lot about the work place. The management was great and allowed us to be flexible to balance our work life with our personal life. The workplace generally isn't dull and everyday something new comes along.

Pros

flexible

ok

Wasn't bad got to experience many different business environments and get a flavor for different industries. Lovely office in London Bridge. Good hours for those who are early risers.

Fun, warm workplace

I really liked working the internship for EY as it wasn't as I expected - the employees there are very outgoing and help you out with your needs. Initially I thought it was going to be a serious office work place but it is actually really calm and warm. they also have casual Fridays which is cool

Pros

free hot drinks from vending machines

Cons

presentations

Productive with good work ethic

The workplace was comfortable, with everyone knowing their individual roles yet at the same time linking well together. This is due to the non-hierarchical and transparent structure.

Friendly and fun

The staff at EY were very friendly and helped us when needed, they explained tasks well and managed the day effectively allowing breaks and making the day fun. There was a variety of people from different cultures who were all friendly and approachable.

A good introduction to the Industry

This personally taught me what industry I should avoid, as I discovered that it wasn't tailored to me. It taught me also how to improve my presentation skills and the different dimensions to the professional services industry

Pros

Meeting different people in higher positions in the company

Life at EY

The atmosphere at EY is like no other firm, the ambience and friendliness of the people really attracted me to work here and will hopefully like to go back one day.

Productive and fun workplace with amazing people working with me.

I worked at EY full-time for 2 weeks Pros -Good expense policy (appropriate allowances for breakfast/dinner and you can keep all rewards points for airfare, lodging, rental cars, etc). -Culture is very people oriented. Flexibility and employee work/life balance is stressed greatly by management. EY stresses the importance of taking care of one another. Great maternity / parental leave policies and very flexible work arrangements are available when you need it. I often worked remote from my wife's apartment when we were long distance. -Work life balance is awesome (don't believe the rumors, if you're a smart person and you produce good work, EY will reward you with a generous work life balance). -Vacation policy! 21 days for managers plus 3 personal days and unlimited sick days. -Most teams will work from home on Fridays when traveling -EY has a program where you can decide not to accept a blackberry and instead have EY pay your personal cell bill (up to $150 / month for managers). -Events thrown by EY are larger than life (especially the events when you're promoted to Manager, Sr Manager, or Partner). They are truly amazing experiences. -Opportunity to see many different companies across a broad range of industries -Lots of professional development opportunities -High potential for advancement. You do not have to wait for a spot to "open up" to get promoted. -HR is wonderful -EY really tries to take care of employees at an individual level. If you're unhappy, you can actually talk to HR and they'll work with you to find a part of the company where you fit. Cons Excessive -

Pros

Great culture. People are amazing.

Cons

Work/life balance is lacking in some cases

Productive and Professional

The Smart Futures internship at this Professional Services firm was phenomenal with valuable skills gained and extremely beneficial relationships developed. Great environment for professional networking, especially for students like myself whom have little experience in corporate environments. The 3 week internship itself was a combination of several workshops intended to develop a wide variety of skills from presenting to a panel of partners to taking minutes at meetings. The third week was, in my opinion, the pivotal learning experience. Each intern spent the said week in a division within the firm where we were given the chance to see what it would be like to work on a real life projects. My division was Strategy, Performance Improvement in Advisory and my co workers - a consultant, senior consultant and senior manager were all amazing to work with, Some of the tasks were quite challenging but they ultimately helped us to push ourselves and improve our skills further so no complaining there. The most enjoyable part of the experience would have to be the opportunities given in terms of networking; for students doing first year A levels, a chance to dine with a partner of the firm and a high profile client is exquisite.

Pros

Networking oppurtunities, training, work ethics, company culture

Cons

n/a

Intro to Business

I audited many companies in and around England. It was a great into to business. I performed basic auditing procedures with a London team for audits of small to large companies.This was an overseas internship through a school so there was no compensation for my work.

Pros

travel around london and england to perform audits, learned basic audit procedures.

Cons

no pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement