F. Hinds logo
F. Hinds

F. Hinds Management reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

family run job ,good work ethics

enjoyed working at F.Hinds, learned alot, people was helpful and showed me around , management nice and respectful at all times and the work took time to learn but easy to do once learned

Excellent place to work

Nice relaxed friendly atmosphere. Family like team. Good training pay rises regularly management involved with staff doing same job. Bonus opertunities.

Great staff and an enjoyable job

Poor management and a very unprofessional way of dealing with customers and staff from said manager. The lack of people skills and management qualities really show. Manager showed very little willingness to help or support staff and the moral in the store was reflective of that.

Pros

Great discount, lovely staff

Cons

Exceptionally poor management and very unprofessional

Good to gain jewellery knowledge for a while but not for the long term

Please note I am also writing this review for anyone interested in the job here. Not just for those interested in gaining more experience in jewellery. I already passed a jewellery course diploma, JET 1 which stands for Jewellery Education and Training and in future wanted to gain the next qualification, JET 2 which opens many doors in the industry. On the first day I was introduced to a Management Training Scheme which enables you to learn the rules, regulations and sales techniques in the store which is useful. This would last from 3-6 or so months to complete and ties in whether you pass your probation. What I didn't learn and in hindsight should have asked was whether I would have the opportunity to take part in the JET 2 but the manager said the shop doesn't pay towards that course, only JET 1. The only way to progress is within the company but to some that is to be expected as with most shops so you can climb up the management ladder. On the first day aside from being introduced to the MTS, only shadowing a fellow member of staff to learn what to say to customers and where things are for etc. You do this for a week or so then you learn on your own. Every week you have to take part in an Observation sheet where a member of staff secretly witnesses you ticks certain boxes on the sheet, e.g. did I ask how much the customer wanted to spend, did I introduce any other items, did I ask who's it for, is at a gift etc. The sheets are good guidelines on how you interact and how you can sell well however I felt being assessed in this way was tiresome and lacked certain -

Pros

Good enough salary if you have a JET 1, in house training on rules and regulations, becoming a better sales person

Cons

Poor management, Not a decent level of career progression, No future jewellery qualifications needed

Good progression opportunities

All who work there are placed on the managerial training program so there is always an incentive to better yourself. The other staff are extremely friendly and willing to help you whenever you need it. You are never idle and each employee has their own sections to organise.

Jobs at F. Hinds