Faithful+Gould

Faithful+Gould Employee Reviews

This company has no management structure and cannot retain good staff. They mainly deal with churn work, which involves fire risk assessments and condition survey type work
The Birmingham office is quite a serious, boring place to work although that does partly depend on your manager/director. It's OK if you're keen on quiet and getting your head down all day but if you want any social aspects or a laugh during office hours this isn't the place for you.The staff are generally knowledgeable and professional but like I say it's not fun. They are also quite conflicted in terms of saying the right things about work life balance but then as is often the case, they absolutely don't follow that up. They expect too much from you, to be watching your company mobile and emails during evenings and weekends and aren't very understanding about time off so you may be pressured by various means to be present in meetings and the office when really you should be recovering at home. They also pressure you to win work and attend networking events even if you get no benefit from doing so or have other commitments or simply don't want to. There is a definite male bravado attitude among a lot of staff especially at a senior level, and they can be rude and unpleasant at times.Professionally the company has a good reputation but like a lot of firms they have lost their way in recent years when it comes to creating a good working environment and to looking after employees. Pay is average to low vs the competition, pay rises are woeful to the extent where my salary dropped in real terms, they did not look after staff in terms of furlough and are controlled by the owners remotely so the F+G staff either have little say in how they run things here or its an easy excuse - more...
Pros
Major projects
Cons
Company expect you to be attached to your work phone and emails 24/7
Best time of my career was with F+G. Learned a lot about contract administration, Project Management. Hardest part was being on the road at 5 am to see clients for 8-9am meetings.
Pros
staff
Cons
Travel to client offices
Enjoyed my year here thoroughly. The job itself was very rewarding and working for the company helped me to gain a profession edge. I could apply the things i'd learnt at university to the role.
Pros
Great team, Great company, Great pay
Cons
Worked both with a team and solo. Team work coverd an area from West Cost to East coast central Area. Working on my own was mostly office based with visits to suppliers and users to discuss what was wanted and could we Estimate the correct Quantities. On a normal day whilst working in the central area was start travelling between 6am and 7am, as client started work at 8am. Stayed over when required. Was responsable for 6 teams of four people each at a different site. Work at the sites normally was 2 to 3 weeks. My co-workers covered the North, South and sections outside our areas. The hardest part of the job was the long didstances travelled. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and co-ordinating the 6 teams so they could complete there work on time.
Pros
Company Car and Medical cover.
Cons
Some late hours, not knowing when these would happen.