Falck UK Ambulance Services Limited

Falck UK Ambulance Services Limited Employee Reviews

No work enjoyment no career progression apart from into a poor poor management office based system which isolates the workforce from each other very big blame culture totally us and them feeling !! Promises never followed through with career or personal wise The vehicles are noisy way way over used from one area to another ie Wembley n when well used shifted to Swansea totally wrecked and basically dangerous for drivers and more importantly passengers Overall a totally unprofessional and unhealthy work environment
Pros
I left
Cons
No work enjoyment, poor money, no support, very poor management
Avoid at all costs, and worked there before Falck took over, but since that day it went down hill tremendously. All promises no action couldn't wait to leave
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay
Poor wages you could earn more delivering pizza then working here. Poor Management and organisation they expect you to work long hours they don't provide any help or support. People in the management role are unfriendly stuck up and look down on you. Majority of frontline staff are treated very poor they have no respect. No progression they keep you where you are. As a driver they provide you with poor standard vehicle always breaking down. Cannot spend money on providing better fleet expect you to work in poor condition vehicles. You dont get paid if your sick for three days, No benefits. Will not recommand working for this company absolutely rubbish injured my knee driving around 8-9 hours a day without any break for three years has cause me alot stress and hardship and salary was so low that made me feel so depressed
Pros
Cons
everything
Working for this company is like having cancer. You might be able to live with it for a while, but sooner or later it will destroy your life. I’ve you’ve been offered a job here and you’re thinking of taking it, I would say only do so if you really need to.
Pros
It will probably go under soon
Cons
How long have you actually got?
Unfortunately though, in my role,patient care was coming second,as all that the company was concerned about, were KPI'sHigher management, faceless and cold,I had the privilege though,to work with great colleagues, with whom we shared same values and had a high morale
FALCK medical services is only reliable company for those seeking to grow in mobility . Communication was not so good amongst the employees, work culture is fair.No known incentives available to employees.
Worked for many years within the company and used to enjor it. As soon as Falck took over Medical Services, the management technique went more towards bullying and blackmail than it does helping. Dispatch: Likely to stab you in the back if you refuse a job for personal reasons. And report you for refusing to work late, but will rarely thank you for helping out. Management: As mentioned, bullies and blackmailers. No respect at all. Racism, sexism and favouritism has been shown by multiple management, but hidden by upper management when reported. On the road: Best job in the world. We drive around the country talking to people and enjoying the views of Shropshire. You will only ever have a hard day on the road if you make it hard. Training: Good for your initial sessions, but refreshers don't cover a lot of what is needed, and any requests for refreshers on specific uncommon practices go ignored.
Pros
Driving round Shropshire and some fellow road staff are fun to work with.
Cons
Most of the company unfortunately. Wages aren't worth getting out of bed, and the lack of respect or gratitude is even worse.
It is a good job, rewarding and enjoyable. Always different and never get bored .Nice colleges. Salary is ok , well its the minimum it could be better. I love the job !
The management, HR and Dispatch don't care about employees complaint seriously. They treat staff like animals. They are absolutely discreet. The managements/HR will pick up on minor things, just to get rid of hard working staff by giving them gross misconduct and dismissal. There is alot of favouritism within this company. The managements themselves don't follow company policies and procedures and they expect all employees to follow. The company mobile phone provided don't work, they don't provide enough PPE, they pay £9.15 an hour and also the same amount when doing overtime.
I worked for them for 7 years and they informed me via email that they don't need me anymore. The congestion charge was paid with a delay of several months! The manager was never available and when it was, he always lied !!! It was supposed to be a lot of work, not a waste, I'm talking about the self-employed
the company changed hands and didn't let us know who was taking over which went on for months lack of communication throughout a total disregard for loyal employees.
Pros
Buy youre own
Terrible management.when internal promotions come up they give the positions to the favourites with no opportunity for you to progress if your face don’t fit.constant shift changes with little or no notice Managment making fun of staff in front of other staff.probably the worst employer I have ever worked for.long shifts no support by Managment at all.just get the job done and shut up kind of place.
Cons
As an ex employee I have felt that the company were only interested in meeting the trust needs or the company needs and alone the way forgot there staff. The four years I was with them there were no supervision no appraisal and when a driver made a mistake they were penalised and stacked as that was a easy way for the company to take no responsibility four years I was with them no supervision no appraisal
Pros
Staff in the field was very supported
Cons
Under staffed under valued poor management
Be warned keep away long hours money is the say rate whatever you do forget having a social life as shifts are 10 hours long and sometimes 12 hours. your work an average 45 hours week again flat rate. Not forgetting overtime rate you guessed it flat rate yet again. Dont expect good communication from management as there is none. Ambulances are old and knackered be warned
Cons
With the potential to be a very rewarding job, Falck UK fails heavily on its leadership and communication. Avoid at all costs as not a caring company in any way.
Pros
Appreciative patients.
Cons
Too many to mention.
This job works like an converybelt. One in. One out. People soon realise this after a month. I have left the company within 3 months. First thing you will notice that things never get done because you have one person dealing with 10 people. No point complaining because there is no head office to contact. They also plan your holidays. They will promise you things and never deliver. In order to get somewhere in this place. You will have to start brown nosing. They don't care about your complaints because someone else will take your place the next day if you leave. You are guaranteed to pass the 2 weeks training because they take on anyone and they are desperate to keep the contract with NHS. I mean anyone. No work ethics. The management was the major let down for me. They will also charge you for uniform even when you have returned it back when you leave the company. Be warned. They will also charge you for the course if you decide to leave within 2 years. I was charged nearly £600. This job is for someone which is desperate and resulting as a last resort. If you apply. 80% of the chance you will get the job. You will soon realise that you will be working with riff raff common people because as I said. They give this job to everyone!. As mentioned before. Its a waste of breath complaining. If this is not a warning. I wish you the best of luck. You must be desperate!
Difficult to book annual leave as they make up the rules as they go along and there health and safety procedures are 20 years behind the times. Hard to get management to make a desision as they pass the buck on to someone else.
They lied and promising but at the end cutting employees hours and 3 months in continue underpaid us. No one would take responsibilities , so most of the staff ended up leaving the company as the quickly realised it is pointless to ask anyone for any issues .
They don’t care about the patients or their staff. Control will take advantage of those on the road and will attempt to force overtime on you (which is technically illegal) by giving a job last minute. Family life? Forget it as they will ring you on your days off and try to get you to work. Vehicles are in poor condition and don’t get cleaned regularly. Patients would be better off being in an Über than in Falck’s “care”.
Poor management, just a number, no patient care whatsoever, awful place to work. Can work all day without a break, favouritism with drivers on older contracts who are on a lot more money. Corrupt from top to bottom.
Pros- meeting new people all the time, get to go to different hospitals across uk Cons, wages are poor for the work load you do, management very poor, ambulances always breaking down or falling apart, they say there is room for progression but only to ict in shropshire, work to life balance poor im never home.