Falkirk Council & Falkirk Community Trust

Falkirk Council & Falkirk Community Trust Employee Reviews

I was involved in an IT project to introduce home working for kids. I had to meet members from Education IT, Head Teacher and Corporate IT all of whom had a the same goal to make the project work and to get it done asap.
Pros
Good Management, Good Colleagues, Happy atmoshere
Cons
The role finished too soon
i loved working with all the staff. i would definetily do it again. the work place is a good inviroment to be in. if there is anything wrong there is always someone to help.
A steady job with a minimum wage for trade, to be able to earn a good wage maximum overtime is required working your 8-4:30 shift monday-friday and being on callout out-with them hours normally doing 40+ hours so an average week on call out you cover around 80 hours work
Having worked within Local Governemnt for over 16 years, on the whole it has been a good organisation to work for. Usually around budget setting, things can be stressful due to very short timescales from budget being set to contracts being carried out.
I have been working for the past 9 months and enjoy working for Falkirk Council. A typical day involves physical work but you do get tea breaks and I feel appreciated by my supervisor.
Bad management.culture of favouritism. No idea of man management.bad decision making.they wouldn't last a day in a proper company.everyone depressed and demoralised.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work.
Great training, senior carers always at the end of a phone if you need help. Rota’s are good depending on who is organising them, some coordinators don’t give you time to get from house to house and have no idea that some service users take longer than others it depends how they are feeling that morning but expected to get to the next person in 5 mins even though it can take 10 mins driving time. Management were ok depending on who you got in the office to speak to. My line manager was great she listened and tried to help others were rude. Overall good place to work.
In the last 5 years Falkirk has nosedived - incompetent managers & jobs for the boys where ineptitude is rewarded. I used to love going to work there & then workloads increased as staff numbers decreased - at one point one officer had the remit of 4 others plus her own. People that have worked there for over 30years are leaving. It’s not what it used to be, sadly.
Very much hands on experience but worth it. I was an apprentice where I learned general office skills as well as organisational and communication skills which I took on with my daily life.
Pros
Teamworking
Cons
Can get tiring
Fully supported in role. High standards of quality within delivery of qualifications. Robust quality assurance processes in place. Departments worked closely together to achieve best possible outcomes. Overall a great place to work.
I am a seasonal worker at Falkirk Council based in Grangemouth, the lads you work with are good lads ( one or two know it alls), Management isn't to bad, all though they don't give you the information you need. The boots provided kill your feet, rest if the uniform is OK. All in all I've enjoyed my time and hope to be kept on for the new season coming.
The Council has been one of the best places i've ever worked. The office and staff are extremely supportive and accommodating of staff personnel. The working conditions and the staff are all friendly and easy going. Working in Payroll has a set routine with different deviations each month dependent on the requirements needed by different departments in the council. the hardest part at the job was just at the beginning to take in all the different processes applicable to each sector. Once that was sorted the job was a breeze and a total delight to go to. All amenities were provided and the work atmosphere was very comfortable.
Pros
The working enviroment
Cons
Long period before advancement
I have worked within the Falkirk District Council for the past 16 years. I have cared for several service users over the years both individually and as part of a team. Fantastic home care group.
Everyday was a learning day plenty of training offered always something fun going on their was something different going on every day as well and you always had different children in as well as not all children attended every day
Pros
We’re suppourted well
Cons
New management came in and 5 original office staff,3 Drivers and the head Technician all left with a year or so. Total nightmare. Blame culture with back stabbing abounds here and actively encouraged by management. Horrible place to work now.Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Going home at end of shift
Cons
Management Management and some Drivers.are just bad eggs.
I genuinely enjoy working at Falkirk council due to the fact I work with a great team, various tasks that need to be done and I am dealing with the public every day
Really friendlt staff always there to help when needed and give you full training every time not on bad thing to say to them and never will great bunch of people
Pros
Cons
hours
Attend training. classes to help with work environment. Gave me all aspects of how to look for jobs and to present yourself when attending interviews. Also put in different areas within the hotel to see which best suits me with skills that I have. In my work placement. A great learning tool that I can take with me to other jobs.
Pros
close to work placement
Cons
no benifits to help with travel.
Difficult to review Falkirk Council given its size and range of services provided within different departments. Experiences vary although I have generally enjoyed my time working with the Council
Falkirk Council is a reliable company to work with, there are lots of job opportunities within and there are many people who will help you to get the job you would like.
Team work essential and we have it. Enjoyable going to work everyday. I difficult job but very rewarding. Meeting all the teachers and staff and seeing the children sometimes .
Pros
Lots of annual holidays
Cons
Finishing late at night