Falkirk Council & Falkirk Community Trust

Falkirk Council & Falkirk Community Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom89 reviews

working with the children was the best part, staff meetings not my favourite

teaching in a secondary school, staff treated each other professionally, more stressful part was never having enough time to prepare lessons, but overall enjoyable to be with children and would never check the time because of boredom

Pros

school holidays

Cons

not very much

Absolutely shocking work place always dirty

They expect you to lift steps up 3 flights off stairs absolutely shocking if you start young by the time your in you’re 30s your back will be done please do not work here

Pros

Cons

Shocking work

Insights into Falkirk Council & Falkirk Community Trust

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Avoid avoid avoid

I have worked for various different companies over the years but FC has definitely been the worst. The workload is horrendous, there’s no support from management they would much rather demoralise and ridicule you. There’s no stability with shifts and the lack of communication between management makes you work a lot harder.

Pros

Cons

Under Valued, under payed, overworked, bully culture

Jobs fits in for my needs

My cleaner job fits around me and is good and enjoyable. Lovely staff, management are always there and helpful. Uniform supplied, good wages and overtime when needed.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Travelling as some places are out of the way if you dont drive

Enjoyable short term assignment until Covid 19 ruined it

I was involved in an IT project to introduce home working for kids. I had to meet members from Education IT, Head Teacher and Corporate IT all of whom had a the same goal to make the project work and to get it done asap.

Pros

Good Management, Good Colleagues, Happy atmoshere

Cons

The role finished too soon

productive and freindly work place

i loved working with all the staff. i would definetily do it again. the work place is a good inviroment to be in. if there is anything wrong there is always someone to help.

Ok job with poor management

A steady job with a minimum wage for trade, to be able to earn a good wage maximum overtime is required working your 8-4:30 shift monday-friday and being on callout out-with them hours normally doing 40+ hours so an average week on call out you cover around 80 hours work

Fast paced and stressfull at times

Having worked within Local Governemnt for over 16 years, on the whole it has been a good organisation to work for. Usually around budget setting, things can be stressful due to very short timescales from budget being set to contracts being carried out.

It's alright

I have been working for the past 9 months and enjoy working for Falkirk Council. A typical day involves physical work but you do get tea breaks and I feel appreciated by my supervisor.

Absolute rubbish.

Bad management.culture of favouritism. No idea of man management.bad decision making.they wouldn't last a day in a proper company.everyone depressed and demoralised.

Pros

Cons

Horrible place to work.

Great training, senior carers always at the end of a phone if you need help. Rota’s are good depending on who is organising them, some coordinators don’t give you time to get from house to house and have no idea that some service users take longer than others it depends how they are feeling that morning but expected to get to the next person in 5 mins even though it can take 10 mins driving time. Management were ok depending on who you got in the office to speak to. My line manager was great she listened and tried to help others were rude. Overall good place to work.

Used to be great

In the last 5 years Falkirk has nosedived - incompetent managers & jobs for the boys where ineptitude is rewarded. I used to love going to work there & then workloads increased as staff numbers decreased - at one point one officer had the remit of 4 others plus her own. People that have worked there for over 30years are leaving. It’s not what it used to be, sadly.

very much hands on exprience but worth it

Very much hands on experience but worth it. I was an apprentice where I learned general office skills as well as organisational and communication skills which I took on with my daily life.

Pros

Teamworking

Cons

Can get tiring

A great place to work. Excellent communication and team working. Fully supported in role.

Fully supported in role. High standards of quality within delivery of qualifications. Robust quality assurance processes in place. Departments worked closely together to achieve best possible outcomes. Overall a great place to work.

Seasonal worker

I am a seasonal worker at Falkirk Council based in Grangemouth, the lads you work with are good lads ( one or two know it alls), Management isn't to bad, all though they don't give you the information you need. The boots provided kill your feet, rest if the uniform is OK. All in all I've enjoyed my time and hope to be kept on for the new season coming.

Productive and fun place to work

The Council has been one of the best places i've ever worked. The office and staff are extremely supportive and accommodating of staff personnel. The working conditions and the staff are all friendly and easy going. Working in Payroll has a set routine with different deviations each month dependent on the requirements needed by different departments in the council. the hardest part at the job was just at the beginning to take in all the different processes applicable to each sector. Once that was sorted the job was a breeze and a total delight to go to. All amenities were provided and the work atmosphere was very comfortable.

Pros

The working enviroment

Cons

Long period before advancement

Professional workplace

I have worked within the Falkirk District Council for the past 16 years. I have cared for several service users over the years both individually and as part of a team. Fantastic home care group.

Fun work place

Everyday was a learning day plenty of training offered always something fun going on their was something different going on every day as well and you always had different children in as well as not all children attended every day

Pros

We’re suppourted well

Nightmare place to work.

New management came in and 5 original office staff,3 Drivers and the head Technician all left with a year or so. Total nightmare. Blame culture with back stabbing abounds here and actively encouraged by management. Horrible place to work now.Avoid like the plague.

Pros

Going home at end of shift

Cons

Management Management and some Drivers.are just bad eggs.

Really enjoy working with the council

I genuinely enjoy working at Falkirk council due to the fact I work with a great team, various tasks that need to be done and I am dealing with the public every day

great

Really friendlt staff always there to help when needed and give you full training every time not on bad thing to say to them and never will great bunch of people

Pros

Cons

hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Falkirk Council & Falkirk Community Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement