FARA Charity Shops

FARA Charity Shops Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Lovely staff!

Greenford branch was lovely to work in! The staff were all very friendly and lovely, but sometimes they can forget about you unless you remind them you're done with something. Also it can sometimes get boring doing the same thing for 2 hours. I only went to do volunteering so it was unpaid but I only spent maximum 2 hours in the store helping. Its good if you're under 16 and have nothing to do in the summer.

Pros

50% discount, short hours if you do volunteering

Cons

Repetitive tasks

Beneficial shop for charity

overall working in Fara was very helpful for me to improve my social skills and organisation skills. I loved how the team was very friendly and my supervisor helped me a lot.

Pros

lovley environment to work.

Cons

not much to do as it was a small shop

Decent Job

Was an OK place to work, not the best and not the worst. Simple tasks most people can complete but relied on in a small team. Also, very busy and stressful as not much space.

I worked as a volunteer who worked there primarily to gain firsthand experience, therefore, I cannot voice my opinions on their salary, however, generally speaking, it is a wonderful place to gain expertise and meet a variety of different people from several backgrounds.

Pros

Balanced work life

Cons

Tiring

Fun Workplace

In my 1 week experience working with this company, I had learnt cope with long working hours and motivating myself to work harder. I gained a good amount of knowledge on how to talk and deal with customers.

Pros

Sometimes get to leave early

Cons

It was a lot of effort

Good Management

A typical day would mean the organisation of the clothing.Manager always had time for questions, also she greeted everyone with a cheerful expression. The hardest part of the job would have to be helping customers around the shop.

Great choices

Amazing choices to chose from I am a student at A levels this salary choices will help me pay for all my textbooks and supplies , not only this but all you have to do is submit your cv and your good to go.

Pros

free lunch

Personale eccellente

Personale eccellente luogo di crescita utile e importante

useful

The skills I have learnt are: management, unique selling points and different ways to sell a product based on who it is aimed at, I have also learnt how to price a product depending on its features. The most challenging yet useful thing I found was organising the masses of donations we got on a regular basis and categorising it, which increased my organisational skills. Overall, I have learnt business techniques, stacking and organising shelves, managing donations and money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FARA Charity Shops. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement